It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camping stoves and heat/light packs - Bug Out Bag Stuff

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Bit of a thread bump

Some great kit and great and advice in here. My question is what type of stove is better in a BOB situation? Obviously the nature of a BOB requires about 3 days worth of equipment so depending on the situation would you go with something stealthy that wont get you noticed or would you go with whichever is best regardless of smoke and/or flame? Since its only 3 days or so my general thinking is go with the best (coupled with a good mix of efficiency) but I'm not exactly a survival master (or apprentice for that matter
) but I am slowly getting there.

The kelly kettle seems pretty cool, being able to burn what you can find seems invaluable as it negates the need to have fuel which means your not risking shelf life sitting in your BOB/BOL and it gets rid of unnecessary weight, but how good are they compared to normal fuel stoves? I'm inclined to think I should take one of each and use the kelly kettle type stove after the fuel runs out should I unfortunately be there for longer than 3 days but then it adds more weight. Really is a rock and a hard place this survival business!!

chocky

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Some excellent info here guys, here's a heater/stove I made a couple of days ago. Made from a cheap alloy canteen I had kicking about. Took about 20 minutes to make using Dremmel and a couple of nutserts.
In will be making a 'How To' as soon as I can find another canteen,

Home Made Methylated Spirit Stove - Part One - Lighting the Stove

Home Made Methylated Spirit Stove - Part Two - Boiling some Water

Home Made Methylated Spirit Stove - Part Three - Heating some Beans

edit on 6-5-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join