It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: Serious concern about loss of information relating to UFO's on the Internet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Allow me to stress the relevance of this thread by posting a link to one of the previously mentioned website.

I was browsing some testimony data from www.waterufo.com and this case was my first click.
www.waterufo.net...

I found obviously the case in itself very interesting (this man has served in Navy intel in the early 60s) but the second part of the document really hit something in me...
It tends to confirm that NASA has been manipulating images since a long long time and (at least the US) governement(s) has a very hostile approach reharding UFOs.

I will only quote his last words:

" Don't be concerned about me.
I am concerned about many of you.
I worry about people who are too absorbed in the trivial, mundane, and uneventful events in their lives that they don't have time or make time to ponder on grander ideas and mysteries. "

Peace and truth.

Logiciel

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Great idea.
what about yahoo groups?
they are free I have had a yahoo group for 9 years.
you start with a free yahoo E-mail
and if you hide your IP they will never know who you are.
yes I have don that to.

you could store stuff on their as a back up.
you have a chat area. you controle the members.
picturs folders, info folder and links.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There are a couple of e-books that I've been hunting for actually, that have literally been scrubbed off the web.

Would be nice if there was a universal unbaised database that KEPT this information from vanishing off the web.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Jason88
TheWayBackMachine.... good call. I use that about once a week to find information on sites that have taken something down or changes a lot.

Wayback Machine is great... but even if people backup all the old stuff on the internet, it will only last as long as someone pays the bill
or considers it worth spending their time on it

Now the way to do it is put all the good stuff in a book, but if you mention 'book' in regards to UFOlogy everyone screams foul play

What is needed is a non profit group to SORT all the data and pick the good stuff because 90% of the stuff posted is cloned from site to site, hoaxes, misidentified and just plain garbage. We tried once.. and I still have a lot of good stuff... but we found people got bored really fast going through endless files

Then the government started releasing declassified UFO files NSA CIA British MoD all have hundreds of reports on their official websites now...

And in the end... it all comes to nothing because not one of those reports is anything more than witness testimony

There is so much black ink etc that any REAL info has not yet been released... So all we have is stories... and people bore easily

edit on 20-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

"we tried once"? Who are you exactly.?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2012 by TheInquisitor because: double post, bad programming

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I recommend The Black Vault for FBI, CIA, DoD, media, and other documentation obtained via FOIA requests. It is an invaluable resource and if lost would be a blow to those of us who rely primarily on the internet for obtaining documentation. So if we're talking about backing up online depositories of documentation, I think their archive should be included. Click the "Government Document Archive" link on their front page to see what they've got.
edit on 1/21/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Clarification, typos

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Good post, but UFOs have been involved with humanity for much longer than a half century. I think it's likely that they just started showing up more frequently when we started blowing each other up en masse.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ah depressing thread !

there used to be a great site called marsearthconnection.com or something like that, was a pretty basic html site ran by an american lady i think

but god it was huge and full of great info

crying shame

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

Was it here?

Nah, I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Absolutely brilliant!
Maybe when we're done archiving everything we should cram it all into one HUGE website that way we can just go to one source for all of our UFO needs eh? I'm sure they may be some copyright law that wouldn't allow us to do that though...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

eh?

I have no idea what your trying to say there

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Pretty recently i started doing something similar. I went to go watch a video recently that i had bookmarked. It was a pretty damn clear high res video of a UFO. Well when i went back to it, it was removed off of youtube. This happened to many other videos i found to be really good UFO videos. So now i started saving them

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
reply to post by Shino

I've got a horde of old websites archived on my personal server:

Hi Xtraeme (and others),

Did anyone created an archive of the Magonia website at magonia.haaan.com?

The website has apparently been afflicted by a virus/hacker. I've got a PDF archive of most of the material, but it occurred to me that Xtraeme (or some other members of ATS) may be able to provide a html archive which could be more useful in attempting to restore the Magonia website.

Incidentally, it seems that the Wayback Machine has a fairly good set of images of the Magonia website (albeit from over a year ago) at:
web.archive.org...://magonia.haaan.com/

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Hey Isaac, sorry I've been incommunicado. I have most of the fold3 data now (minus a few stray images, still can't figure out one pesky bug), but magonia.haaan.com never made it into my library.
When did the site go down? Maybe to prevent this sort of thing from happening again, I could put together a website where people submit UFO domains and then my spider will just automatically go out and grab them? I'll think on it. Presently I have 63 domains archived. The current list is at pastebin id: ehsKnyPM. Wish I could be more helpful. =/
edit on 6-11-2012 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I used HTTrack to copy that site.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky FTW.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

Hey Isaac, sorry I've been incommunicado.

No problem at all. As I've mentioned to you before, we seem to have taken it in turns to drop out of contact for a while due to pressures in real life.

I have most of the fold3 data now (minus a few stray images, still can't figure out one pesky bug)

That's great news. That ends the complete dependence on fold3 keeping these images on their website.

I've been holding off running your Reaper myself due to the issues we've talked about before (particularly the absence of a working check that an image had been downloaded before moving on to the next page, resulting in about 10% of images failing to download on my last attempt).

but magonia.haaan.com never made it into my library.

Well, it sounds like Kandinsky may be able to plug the gap.

When did the site go down?

Very recently. I was contacted about it yesterday from someone involved in running the website - hence my post on here today.

Maybe to prevent this sort of thing from happening again, I could put together a website where people submit UFO domains and then my spider will just automatically go out and grab them? I'll think on it.

Sounds like a good idea to me, although I'd be concerned about any sort of centralised repository rather than having a few people holding independent back-ups on their own computers (since people within ufology have a habit of losing interest and appearing to drop off the face of the planet).

I keep meaning to get to grips with HTTrack or one of the other similiar pieces of software, but haven't yet got on to the issue of storing mirrors of websites. (I've done some experimenting with using Adobe Acrobat to create PDF files containing the webpages of various websites and have very mixed results. I'll post something in this thread about those attempts some time).

edit on 6-11-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Xtraeme

I used HTTrack to copy that site.

I know someone that will be delighted to hear that Kandinsky, particularly if your copy is less than a year old.

How recent is your copy?

Are you able to share your copy (at least with someone associated with the Magonia website)?

edit on 6-11-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join