It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable: Romney Scolds Protester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This annoyed me so much, I had to vent by posting it.

A protester who disagree's with Romney asked a very valid question and Romney responds with the most arrogant and cliche remark I can possibly image. Seriously, Mitt, you're going to scold those who dare to question your motives as a president? This is rediculous...

"Away with you, annoying serf! Go pay your taxes so I can use it to enrich my corporate friends pockets."

Truly unbelievable... these people have the nerve...

Romney was signing autographs outside his campaign headquarters in Charleston, South Carolina when a man asked, “What will you do to support the 99 percent, seeing as how you are part of the 1 percent?”

Romney quickly turned and pointed his finger towards the man’s face.

“Let me tell you something,” the candidate said angrily. “America is a great nation because we’re a united nation. And those who try to divide the nation, as you are trying to do here and as our president is doing, are hurting this country seriously.”

MSNBC host Martin Bashir suggested that the exchange could be a sign of things to come for the former Massachusetts governor.

“Is it possible that a candidate worth close to a quarter of a billion dollars, who refuses to release his tax returns and who reportedly has millions stashed away in the Cayman Islands, is having trouble connecting with the common man?” Bashir wondered.

(Video and Source)
edit on 19-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

What is dividing the nation is Romney himself! I say he needs to back down and give the candidacy to someone else who deserves it. For him to get mad at a citizen who speaks truth... is he jealous because he periodically forgets how to? Also, you should consider posting this article in my Romney thread in my signature

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The arrogant elite, starting to show his true colors. I could never trust this guy, he's so far removed from the average worker how can we even expect him to have our interests and problems in mind?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

What is dividing the nation is Romney himself! I say he needs to back down and give the candidacy to someone else who deserves it. For him to get mad at a citizen who speaks truth... is he jealous because he periodically forgets how to? Also, you should consider posting this article in my Romney thread in my signature

The guy has hundreds of millions of dollars, and still stashes some away in the Cayman's. He's responsible for the loss of tens of thousands of jobs, and is arrogrant enough to make such remarks.

Go away! Go live on an island somewhere and leave us ALONE! We're trying to fix a broken country and don't need this # to screw it up....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow! Well this is the same guy who in a debate previously made a $10,000 bet on stage.
He definitely is out of touch with most of America.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Romney is the definition of "the 1%". I live in Massachusetts (US) and had to deal with him as governor. I had my total taxes (property, income taxes) raised almost 10%, am FORCED by the Commonwealth to acquire health insurance or be subject to a tax penalty, and thank goodness I'm not a woman because his "my way or no way" pro life position was always forced into speeches.
I could go on and on, but my point is, him scolding that protester like that is typical Romney-fashion. Believe me! I didnt vote for him in MA and I wouldnt vote for him for the US (imo)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Everything that just came out of his mouth just sounded scripted and robotic-like. No emotion in his face whatsoever. I can't believe the GOP media is standing behind this guy. This is not the best you can do.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think the point of what mitt said was that he was against class warfare. He didn't really answer the question though.

Ron Paul would have said something along the lines: "End the Federal Reserve and return to a sound monetary system"

And that would do the most towards helping the "99%" than anything else at the moment.

Imagine getting all that economic efficiency back as well as getting rid of the income tax.

The future will be bright if Ron Paul becomes president and we keep him alive long enough to end the Federal Reserve and start the creation of competing monetary systems. Remember, with central figures like that it only takes one well placed bullet to end a possibility. We just need to come up with systems superior to the Fed and the rest will take care of itself as ideas are immortal so long as they are good enough to be remembered.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Elzon because: grammar

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Watch the video of Romney, it seems almost dubbed, his lips, at times, do not appear to be forming the words heard in the audio.

Romney is being given the nod by the GOP leadership because he will not de-rail a second term for Obama. Same as McCain took a dive in the last election, Romney is being hailed the “frontrunner” because he is not able to defeat Obama.

Take me for example, I would rather see a second term for Obama than Romney as President, and I am a Republican.

This is all theater.

This is why Ron Paul is so dangerous to the New World Order.

Ron Paul will be able to defeat Obama, if the GOP leadership got behind him an his platform.

Hope & Change America can truly believe in. Ron Paul would be able to beat Obama using Obama’s own campaign slogans.

This is why the GOP leadership, the MSM are trying so hard to marginalize Ron Paul, he is a serious threat to the Established order.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
Everything that just came out of his mouth just sounded scripted and robotic-like. No emotion in his face whatsoever. I can't believe the GOP media is standing behind this guy. This is not the best you can do.

You have to understand that we live in a pathocracy(Rule of Psychopaths). These people will go to bat for one of their own. That is why Romney and Gingrich are the medias darlings and the Sociopath Santorum, is only used as a plan B against the empathic Ron Paul.

That is their worst fear, Empaths. It has more to do with nuerological type then anything else.

new topics

top topics

join