It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Passes Over Stormy Africa (w/Milky Way) Amazing Light Show!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just a little break from all the doom and gloom. Been to a lot of concerts in my day and this would still be the biggest light show ever.

I always wonder if the astronauts start taking these amazing experiences for granted after awhile. The first time would be magic but does it wear off a little? I think it must. But not completely I hope.

Incredible (But too short) footage of storms over Africa and a bonus peek of the Milky Way...Enjoy!

ETA: If you don't watch this in full screen, it just won't be the same.

edit on 19-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I absolutely loved this video! So much beauty in such a little amount of time. The time-lapse was perfect!

S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I have to wonder though if the video is sped up or is the ISS really moving that fast through space?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
I absolutely loved this video! So much beauty in such a little amount of time. The time-lapse was perfect!

S&F

Question answered, thanks LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

S&F

I love a good Pink Floyd show but damn!

Yup, amazing time lapse work as well.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Beautiful video, and yes it is sped up.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow, the Milky Way is really BIG. The video just made me realize that even more.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Wow, the Milky Way is really BIG. The video just made me realize that even more.

Space...It's big...Really Big. I mean it's so big...

The Hitchhiker.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Very beautiful. Loving these longer exposure shots put into video form they are doing! Really shows of the awe that is our milky-way. I remember the first time I hit into the middle of nowhere when I was a kid and looked up without the city lights ruining everything, and there it was. POW! When I saw that and was told they were millions upon millions of stars, I was hooked and in love!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
WOW! Thanks for this! This cheered me up! Space is fascinating!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
One of the saddest things in the world is that literally billions of people are going to live out their lives without seeing the Milky Way in person. You either know it's there or you don't. In most major cities the night sky is pink (seriously, it's pink!)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful!! I would love to see the sky the way it is meant to be seen, but I live in the city so too many lights! Maybe one day!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I live in a city so there is a lot of light pollution and my god am I missing out on those stars!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
I live in a city so there is a lot of light pollution and my god am I missing out on those stars!

Every once in awhile, ya just gotta go fishing...

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Triple post! ALIENS!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jude11

At 0:12 seconds, look up on the left side and check out the pulses of lightening going off repeatedly in the exact same spot. Kind of odd, maybe a tower or actually something else...?

link   
Triple post.

new topics

top topics

join