It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Men Act Civilized?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Disclaimer: this is done in jest: if you cant take somehting in jest then dont read

Ok myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy turrrnnnnn
i hasnt ranted in ohhhhh so loonnggg

Why do men act like they are dying when they get a cough or a little sniffle?? i mean seriously? you would like they had the neurovirus or swine flu the way they act!! When us women get the sniffles/ill/flu/cold whatever we still have to work, still have to cook dinner, shop, cleam, look after the kids, run errands etc...if we dont the usual male response is....stop being lazy irs only a cold
. Its the same when they get a scratch you would think someone hacked their limbs off, im always like oh for godssake man up its a teeny tiny scratch and it aint even bleeding! - and yet if the shoe was on the other foot....we would be told to stop being silly!!

Why do men find farting so damned funny? its like some pre pubesent urge to giggle like a child and they always seem to have this urge to take a good damned sniff and stand back in awe at the fumes...for godsake... not saying u cant fart but keep it the hell away from me...esp when im bloody eating!!

Men's definition of being clean and presentable.......clothes only being a week old! no wonder socks go missing they have grown legs and ran the hell away.

And what the hell is that smell in a lads bedroom???.........it defies explination --- its like a cross between death, sweat, old socks and god knows what else, and yet any amount of searching around for the offensive smell yields nothing.

A little tip - yall want your clothes ironed? washed? - put em in the washer and not ont he floor i aint your maid, i aint your mother - even betetr learn how to use a washing machine and iron...seriously they dont bite...you wont fall into the twilight zone if you touch them.

And whats wrong with making ME a cuppa once and a while? or make me dinner afte ri get home from work? is it so hard? i work, i look after the kids, i clean, i do the grocery stuff...is it so hard to get you to make me a cuppa? And for godness sake remembering my bday/anniversary shouldnt be like pulling teeth....they can tell you every football/sports score from now goin back 10 yrs, they could tell you everything about the latest cars/guns/ fishing aperatus or latest tool or gadget..but cant remember a birthday or anniversary!!

Men call us women NAGS, well lets get somthing straight here, if you done what we asked the first time we wouldnt have to nag you

and men seriously have a cheek callin us women a gossip......most men i know r bigger gossips than the women, they are like old grandmas' who lean over the back fence talkin bout everyone.

*exhales* ok thats all for now

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I would never slap my hubby,he slaps back and
harder! He would also take my car keys,credit
cards and checkbooks from me if I did!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
Finally,the toilet seat...Is it really that hard to put the seat back down for us
ladies?Do you men have any clue how uncomfortable it is to sit down and
get your bottom wet?Speaking about wet,can't you men aim a little better?

I leave the toilet seat down. And I pee all over it without remorse.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Oh yeah, you hit the nail on the head that time. My husband was an only child, his father left when he was a baby, and his mother spoiled him ROTTEN to make up for it. He never had chores, never had to do anything, EVER. Mama did it all, and still tries to, at 86 years old.

After living for 55 years thinking he is the Boy King, there is no way I expect him to change. Sometimes I jump all over him for some of the incredibly inconsiderate things he does do, and the fact that he does nothing around the house, and I mean NOTHING....he doesn't take out the trash, doesn't pick up his dishes, doesn't do a damned thing. He will not buy me a birthday card or present, nothing for Valentine's Day, nothing for Christmas. These things mean nothing to him and he cannot be bothered to remember that they mean something to me. I have accepted that, and I go online and buy what I want. He's not being mean, he just has his head in the clouds all the time and dates and holidays go by like any other day.

I used to hold down a full-time job, and was still expected to crank out a home-cooked meal, do all the shopping, bill paying, laundry, housecleaning and yardwork. Yes, you read that right. He wouldn't even mow the lawn. In protest, I said that he had to pitch in and help 50% otherwise I was going to quit my job. He tried to hire a bunch of people to do things, but it was too expensive.

So, basically, I retired. He is expected to pay for everything, and I do what needs to be done. This is the only way I feel that is fair.

I am his 5th wife. The other 4 couldn't take it. You may well ask why I married him and put up with such a slug.

I married him because, as slovenly as he is, when I need him, he is there. When I was sick in the hospital and had surgery, he never left my side, not for a moment. When my hard-to-handle teenage daughter was getting into trouble, he was there with a firm but gentle hand and kept her from destroying her life. He accepts me as I am, with all of my many faults, and is a good person to have around in an emergency, as he keeps a cool head while I'm running around going batty. He doesn't cheat on me, isn't sneaky, and he is honest with me, which I appreciate. He also knows how to fix everything in the house, from plumbing to carpentry to electrical to computers.

Ladies, it's all about what you need in a man. If you want a clean, nit-picky metrosexual with nice clothes, good cologne, and a waxed, hairless butt, be aware that you will also have a man who is vain, self-centered and very likely to cheat with the first woman who fawns over him. As for me, I needed a true-blue guy whom I could trust, who would be there when things got rocky, and who doesn't try to control me.

Nobody is perfect, and nobody has the "whole package" as a rule. When I'm working in the house and have to vacuum around his lazy self, I tell myself that he's a good guy, and besides, he's 6' 5" and very good looking....so if he's going to lay around on the couch, at least he's nice to look at, and has a good heart. I can let the rest slide.

PS. We both have Asperger's syndrome, which makes us both oddballs to the outside world. He understands me in a way no other man ever has, and that is worth everything.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
Why do men act like they are dying when they get a cough or a little sniffle?? i mean seriously? you would like they had the neurovirus or swine flu the way they act!! When us women get the sniffles/ill/flu/cold whatever we still have to work, still have to cook dinner, shop, cleam, look after the kids, run errands etc...if we dont the usual male response is....stop being lazy irs only a cold
. Its the same when they get a scratch you would think someone hacked their limbs off, im always like oh for godssake man up its a teeny tiny scratch and it aint even bleeding! - and yet if the shoe was on the other foot....we would be told to stop being silly!!

I don't know, I usually don't get sick that much, but when I do I get REALLY sick. Remember men usually aren't the one with headaches all the time and we don't automatically bleed once a month.

Why do men find farting so damned funny? its like some pre pubesent urge to giggle like a child and they always seem to have this urge to take a good damned sniff and stand back in awe at the fumes...for godsake... not saying u cant fart but keep it the hell away from me...esp when im bloody eating!!

Yes, your exactly right. It smells bad = hilarious, especially in the presence of other men. This is a secret method of communication between men, much like women will sit around in groups and complain about everything to each other so they can feel good about themselves.

Men have to laugh at things, otherwise we would succumb to anger. We don't have the ability to sit around and complain to each other without beating each other to a pulp.

Men's definition of being clean and presentable.......clothes only being a week old! no wonder socks go missing they have grown legs and ran the hell away.

Many men genuinely don't care what others think about them. That being said, I am not like this and I don't recall many guys that are, maybe start looking for men somewhere other than a soup kitchen.

And what the hell is that smell in a lads bedroom???.........it defies explination --- its like a cross between death, sweat, old socks and god knows what else, and yet any amount of searching around for the offensive smell yields nothing.

That's what happens when you come home after doing actual hard work, you smell. I've cleaned plenty of bathrooms in my time and I can tell you most of the time the females bathroom usually smells worse and trash is thrown everywhere. It seems neither men nor women like to flush the damn toilet though, this irks me.

A little tip - yall want your clothes ironed? washed? - put em in the washer and not ont he floor i aint your maid, i aint your mother - even betetr learn how to use a washing machine and iron...seriously they dont bite...you wont fall into the twilight zone if you touch them.

Personally, I would rather do my own laundry. It seems like some women do laundry and stuff like this just so they can complain about this exact thing.

And whats wrong with making ME a cuppa once and a while? or make me dinner afte ri get home from work? is it so hard? i work, i look after the kids, i clean, i do the grocery stuff...is it so hard to get you to make me a cuppa? And for godness sake remembering my bday/anniversary shouldnt be like pulling teeth....they can tell you every football/sports score from now goin back 10 yrs, they could tell you everything about the latest cars/guns/ fishing aperatus or latest tool or gadget..but cant remember a birthday or anniversary!!

I'm not sure what a cuppa is, is it something hard to make? If you found a guy who would make dinner for you and always remember your anniversary, you would probably start thinking of him as less of a man in a short time and leave him for another douchebag who only wants to get into your pants.

This is all stuff that you do seemingly automatically, why would we interfere. If you stopped doing this stuff, we would still get it done. Birthdays and anniversaries are not important to some men, it is just another day to us. We don't understand why this is such a big deal that screaming and crying has to happen, we really don't.

Men call us women NAGS, well lets get somthing straight here, if you done what we asked the first time we wouldnt have to nag you

Telling men to do something with that attitude will have the reverse affect, it's probably why it seems like your guy doesn't do anything.

This is just who we are, you don't like us = we don't care. Someone tries to hurt you = we'll kill the bastard. We're here to make the ultimate sacrifice for you if the situation presents itself, you can hate us all your life until that one day comes along when we are needed, then sit back and watch. Many women will try to bait men into fights on purpose to take advantage of this.

Blind chivalry died when women wanted to be our equals, now we just wait until it is needed. Any man who believes in stuff like opening doors for you, waiting on you hand and foot, etc, is not being honest with you and/or himself about who he really is. He either wants something from you or he was cottled all his life.
edit on 20-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

You men had better be happy when we do bleed once a month,
If we don't...you're a daddy!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

lol people take this thread to seriously
,my man doesnt come from a soup kitchen we been married for over 10 years. And he is the worlds worst when it comes to any sort of sniffle or the onset of *man flu* and the smell i was refering to seems to emit from my sons room
- i mean seriously, wtf is that smell

im sorry to say but what i described is exactly what all the men i grew up with are like, and what i married and his mates lol - never said there were genuine guys out there who do there own stuff, however this is a thread to complain hense i did

i know what you mean bout those toilets though, one of the jobs i work is a cleaner but for me its the lads toilets that are the worse , and smelliest - and i dont get either why neither male nor female cannot flush a damned toilet.....it takes 2 damned seconds : / lol

apologies a cuppa means a cup of coffee i somtimes forget to cut the scottish slang when i write
- dont take what i write personally

edit on 20/1/12 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

You men had better be happy when we do bleed once a month,
If we don't...you're a daddy!

Okay, point taken.

reply to post by RSF77

a cuppa means a cup of coffee i somtimes forget to cut the scottish slang when i write
- dont take what i write personally

Ah, makes sense. Don't we have machines now that make coffee automatically?

I'm not taking anything personally, just making conversation about sexism. I'm not really a big fan of females, I got lucky and found one I get along with well, despite me being me. Of course I don't know you or your guy, just maybe providing a little insight into the mind of a male. Not everything I say 100% applies to everyone, I may even have missed the mark completely.

My sense of humor isn't in tip top shape right now, my bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
*Scratches himself....

debates on whether or not to respond.

*Picks something out of belly button, looks at it and smells it...

Walks away from keyboard

Peace

edit on 20-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by ronishia

*Scratches himself....

debates on whether or not to respond.

*Picks something out of belly button, looks at it and smells it...

Walks away from keyboard

you mank

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

yes we have a machine in this house its called mum
...no i dont have any new fangled gadgets unfortunatly i still do it the good old fashioned way by boiling a kettle on the stove
, tastes so much better lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by phatpackage

To be brutally honest I was just being funny about this
thread.Maybe I should have posted it in the jokes forum!

Sorry I thought it was a joke/comedy style thread. just read the thread post and thought this an "extreme female" type post that had a fictitious "tongue in cheek" humor to it. I tried to reply in the same vein but made it from the fictitious extreme male perspective. No offense intended.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

yes we have a machine in this house its called mum
...no i dont have any new fangled gadgets unfortunatly i still do it the good old fashioned way by boiling a kettle on the stove
, tastes so much better lol

I imagine it does, never had real coffee before. Coffee is one of those things my stomach can't handle anymore for some reason, maybe it's just because I was drinking crap coffee. I hate how in the US everything is crap made by the lowest bidder.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Finally,the toilet seat...Is it really that hard to put the seat back down for us

LoL funny topic. But honestly I could make a very similar thread about females. My girlfriend says this about the toilet seat fiasco..."I don't leave it up for you, so I can't very well get mad when you don't put it down for me". Pretty simple to look before you sit... Now the aim issue. You have us there, but there is the splash factor. Where water gets propelled out of the bowl and makes it look like we missed. But will admit we could all use some target practace there. Especially during the morning or late night ventures to the toilet. If all you women out there are so up tight about the toilet seat issue just have us pee in the sink.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I am not even going to ask where you scratched yourself.
But,picking your bellybutton and sniffing

Were you raised by wolves?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

Pee in the sink? You might as well go outside and
pick a tree!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Oooh believe me I would if I didn't think I would get in trouble for indecent exposure... Peeing outside is amazing, the cool breeze, looking at the stars, not worring about if im missing... It's a true "freedome pee". Ok got a great idea lets all just install urinals in our bathrooms and call it good.
But then will refer back to my sink statement a urinal is basicaly a sink with a flush. But you wont catch me washing my hands in one.

BTW OP I haven't laughed this hard all week thanks for the great thread. Nice change of pace from all the doom and gloom.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Like taste . . . I don't know that there's a lot of accounting for thoughtlessness, selfishness, clodishness and general lack of good parenting.

Some of the things are certainly well wedded to the masculine thought patterns, tendencies etc. but a lot of the below is more related to the above. Some comments then . . .

Why do men have to use their shirts like napkins?

Most men are loathe to put up with fall-der-all--bother--fuss--frustration. IF the challenge is about their job or sports or hobby--then they can handle frustration--many can--not all--can handle frustration much better. Over petty fussy feminine stuff--not many do well with that ilk of thing.

IF a man cherishes his wife and is eager to please her as a delight of his life--then he's willing to shape his behavior IN CERTAIN CONTEXTS toward her preferences.

A DELIGHTFUL wife (many aren't in that category) could likely slowly and gently shape a man's behavior toward using a napkin by rewarding him gently for every step IN THE DIRECTION OF USING HIS NAPKIN . . . like teaching pigeons to play ping pong.

It MIGHT be easier to drive the lessons home with lots of servings of messy Bar-B-Q ribs and chicken. Most men would rather put all that mess on a napkin than on their shirts. MOST men.

Why is it so hard to reach across the table and grab a napkin? We women then have to pre-treat the shirts before putting them into the washer.If we should forget that they wiped their cruddy hands on a work shirt the stains are
there forever.

I suppose one could try and lay down the law--"Hey Hubby--IF you are at a table; AND you refuse to use the napkin and instead use your shirt--YOU will have to wash it. I will no longer be responsible for stains on your shirt when you have the IQ and capacity to prevent them in the first place."

However, Hubby will likely be of the assumption, conviction that he contributes sooooo much to the relationship--it's a small thing to ask of you. THAT issue may take some negotiating!

A lot of the hands wiped on shirts stuff is born of the garage or barn or some such where the shirt or jeans is what's handy. And, a mother who let them get away with it. Most garages and barns don't exactly have handy wipe rags every 5 feet. Then it becomes a habit. Habits like that can be VERY hard to break. They would take a concentrated program focused on that to break such a habit. The relationship could easily break first, in many case. Silly but too true.

But let's be a bit fair here . . . Hubby says . . . OK, when do you want to leave for the restaurant, dinner, party, family shindig. Wife says 17:30 or some such. The arrival time is 18:00. AT 1740, wife is STILL not ready. At 1750. Wife is still not ready.

Either women do NOT realize JUST HOW FRUSTRATING, IRRITATING AND DOWN RIGHT INFURIATING that is for most men

OR

IT IS THEIR PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE WAY TO GET BACK AND THEM AND *DEMONSTRATE* THAT THE MAN HAS TO WAIT ON THEM. It's a !!CONTROL!! mechanism to out manipulate hubby just where it annoys him the most. THAT'S A SIGN OF A SICK RELATIONSHIP.

I no longer play that game. I'll get in my own vehicle and leave and be there on time or 10-15 min early. The woman can make her own excuses for her own thoughtless grandstanding late arrival to call attention to herself.

But, when men need to blow their noses they reach for the napkins instead of the box of tissues right next to the napkins.

I don't know that THAT is very solvable either. It MIGHT help to have the super soft paper towels handy. Most men think that blowing their big noses on tissues is pretty nonfunctioinal--and more than a little sissy. Mostly, the tissues just aren't big enough and strong enough in the minds of most men to do an adequate job. Tissues are something one hands a tearful wailing WOMAN.

REAL MEN don't use tissues. LOL.

Now, their favorite pair of blue jeans.The ones that you have to sneak up
on,club into submission and stuff into the washer before they develope
the ability to walk on their own.Then, how the men growl when they discover
you washed their favorite jeans.They complain that the jeans had just gotten
comfortable to wear and you washed them!Now they have to start all over
again breaking them in.

You must be talking about relatively new jeans. Sounds like the men need to get a life and find something more substantive to p*ss & moan & whine about.

Or, tell them to buy all pre-washed, stone washed jeans and have them last half as long. Tell them the cost difference over a year or 3 year period and see how they like the figures. Of course, depending, not washing them as often would make them last longer, too. LOL.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Next, men and their socks.Why do they always walk around the garage
in their good socks?They have a drawer full of old socks to walk around
in,why do they reach for the first pair they find?Why is it always their good
ones?

I don't know that this is very fixable either.

imho, men need to get 40 PAIRS of IDENTICAL socks at SAM's Club every few years so they nor the better half have to bother matching socks up. Life's too short for that unless it's a family fun time together.

In terms of the old socks, new socks, walking around in socks in the garage problem . . . here are the factors as I perceive them:

1. Most men like the FEEL and CUSHION of thick socks. Old worn socks just don't cut it on that score.

2. Most men are not likely to THINK AHEAD sufficiently to deal with that issue at the critical point in the day--when they are getting dressed.

3. It MIGHT be possible for a percentage of men to have 2 big sock drawers. I use big 1.5' X 1.5' X 2.5' plastic drawers available in Taiwan but not the USA. Anyway--there are tolerable substitutes here. Make one big drawer or bin or basket for older, stained socks. Another big sock drawer for newer, cleaner socks. Ask . . . more likely . . . TRAIN hubby to think through his day and choose socks accordingly at the start of the day.

4. Make sure there are big plastic or some such slippers readily usable with socks on at all the entrances and exits of the garage or any other workshop area. Personally, I like big flipflops but many men won't tolerate the toe thing when wearing socks. The down side of the others without it is they tend to sweat and can make an athelete's foot problem worse.

5. Beyond those options, you might just have to emphasize how it hits his wallet over a year to 3 year's time. And would he like to use that money better otherwise. Don't be surprised if he thinks it's a reasonable use of his money. Of course if you tell him you're having hamburger helper tonight instead of steak because of his sock choices, he might get the message better.

I think that's basic selfishness, thoughtlessness, not preferring one another very admirably etc.

Personally, I think men and women need their own bathrooms in the home. And the men who insist on peeing willy nilly ought to be trained to clean up after themselves or put up with the mess and smell. And the sign on their bathroom could warn of a hazardous spill zone. I've seen one very old urinal that was designed well for men to pee standing up--in all my 65 years. None of the others work very well.

And, the stream from some men is more of a spray than a stream to begin with. Those men probably need a urinal installed in their home or to bit the humility bullet and sit for the performance.

Other men are just thoughtless . . . they get things going and then their mind wanders along with other things (like the stream) wandering and they just don't pay attention well.

One option that's probably unattractive to the men and maybe the women in THEIR bathrooms, is a glass bottle . . . then rinse it out every time.

At night--I sit--easier to avoid fully waking up that way and I don't have to clean up after a mess ever.

It is a pain when fully dressed to undo everything and sit. A glass bottle works in that situation. I have my own bathroom--living single--and I don't like to clean up urine splatter myself so I don't creat it.

In terms of the seat thing . . . Have 2 bathrooms. Seat's always down in her's . . . always up in his. Rules of the house. However for men to pretend that they are not going to have messy urine spray when they stand is ignorance or arrogance or both. And if they create it, I think they ought to have to clean it up. Or else they negotiate somethinig equally chilvarous that the woman would like to have MORE.

. . . all imho, of course.

OK, men, flame away.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I hear ya, Mama Beth. My husband does all those things you wrote about. I give him a napkin with his dinner, and he wipes his messy hands on his jeans....then doesn't want me to wash those jeans. All his good socks are messed up with permanent stains. I have to nag him to take a shower and brush his teeth if he wants to get lucky, because we women have noses, and we can't shut them off at will.

It might be possible to keep 2-3 of his worst smelly T shirts for a week or so and then bring them out at an opportune time and ask him if he'd like to go to church in them.

And, it might be possible to videotape a few meals and the results. Just setting the camera up on a tripod--eventually he'll forget it and be normal.

I don't know that either one would result in changed behavior but it MIGHT raise his consciousness slightly.

Alternately, you could wait for a party with a group of his relatives or friends. Then you could go deliberately EXTRA SLOVENLY in dress and hygine. Maybe with some food spilled on a white blouse etc. If he protested on the way or before leaving--you could just say. "Oh." or "Ahh well, I'm not chaning this time." After it was over, on the way home, you could talk to him about whether he had any feelings about you being that slovenly at his group's shindig.

Then you could note that you frequently have a similar reaction on a daily basis because of his lazy, thoughtless hygine habits. And, that he doesn't realize how many times he's missed a romp in the hay because of it.

He eats with his plate 3 feet away and then is surprised when his food falls on his shirt before it hits his mouth. He can't remember to put the toilet seat down, can't pick up his dirty clothes, can't keep sunflower seeds from getting all over the just-vacuumed carpet, and scratches his balls absentmindedly in public.

A video might help with that but likely not. He evidently sees all those things as very low priorities. One can get toilet seats that raise and lower by a button. Or save up your money and have a plumber install a urinal.

I love him dearly. What would I do without him?

Welllllllllllll THAT'S THE CRITICAL ISSUE. Everything else is RELATIVELY inconsequential.

However, I think men could show their love a lot more by just a bit more thoughtfulness, selfLESSness and active caring.

Many weren't taught any better by their mothers, sadly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join