It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Men Act Civilized?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Don't think most of us have done that since we were kids. To be fair I used to be scared witless by the toilet flush, even at night when everyone is asleep and it's dark I still flush and run like I'm being chased by a pack of hungry dogs.

That's funny but I can see how it might scare people. One time went to gas station had to use bathroom and when I flushed the toilet it was so loud made me jump thought it was gonna suck me down there lol.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Who cares! Come on sweetie harden up and don't get your knickers in a knot! Please Princess! The comments you made in this thread are irrelevant and real men don't even care what you say on this subject! Get over it, that is how men are!

If you don't like turn lesbian. Who do you think you are thinking you can change the way a man operates? If you have a man who does he is not a real man just a pussy! "No skin off my nose". Any man who sympathises with you and agrees is just saying it to make you feel good because he wants something or thinks he can "Crack onto you" That is how men are. Men will agree 100% with anything you say if they want something even if they truly don't agree with you. Men can deny this all they want its true! Get used to it!

And yes my wife watched me type this and although she did not like it she agreed I was 100% correct! LOL!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

really? what a sexist rant... i never ever leave the seat up and i do my own laundry...

most women i have dated have been very messy to the point of disgusting... do i blame it on their gender? no i blame it on being raised by bad parents... so the answer to your OP is that they have bad parents and or they are too hard headed to figure it out...

male and female alike.
edit on 20-1-2012 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

To be brutally honest I was just being funny about this
thread.Maybe I should have posted it in the jokes forum!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Men and women have different priorities. Although there are exceptions, women tend to be more socially oriented; and in order to be socially successful, hygiene is more important.

Guys on the other hand are more concerned with technical stuff; building or repairing things. When you're dealing with an inanimate object, such as a car or a computer, you don't need to care about its' opinion of your fashion sense. A lot of the time in terms of trade or repair jobs, we're also actually *expecting* to get dirty; it's fairly difficult not to. So we take it for granted.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I took a microbiology course about 15 years ago, where I learned this:

That's right folks. When a toilet is flushed, it's just as if TSHTF - aerosolized caca, settling on your toothbrush.
The seat hasn't been left up in this house since. MamaJ, try to get your husband to sit down ALL of the time so the issue never arises. Maybe pee on the seat yourself and see how he likes it.

I have a full day ahead so I have to check out early. TTYL guys and gals. Now go get a new toothbrush.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I AM MAMABETH,NOT MAMAJ

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Perhaps it is simply the men you are interacting with. I have manners. My child has manners. My friends have manners. I was raised to be polite and tolerant and I, in turn, raised my child to be the same. I was taught that a lady is to be treated as such and chivalry was part of that. I do not act in a crass or insulting way and I expect the same from the people I associate with.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
7 am every day .. 10 mins of hair dryer torture ..AHHHHHHH !!!!!!

i pee on the seat on purpose

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

These are common traits of men....Cave Men !

I grew up in a family of boys and our mom told us that if you didn't learn to act civilized then no Woman would wanna live with you for long !

Personally I think that she is right....

A quick solution to your problem with Cave Men is to simply have them help out with some of the household chores...and/or stop washing their laundry as frequently....

Especially if they don't seem to mind ...let them live in their own filth.

Simply because what they are displaying is disrespectful and exudes the lack of appreciation for what you do for them.......

Toilet Seats ?....

Get them a Urinal and the problem is solved !

Cave Men ....gotta luv em !

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My turn:

1). Trash

Why do women put such Godawful things in a...wastebasket, but expect that someone else will magically take out the trash. Is there a law in Texas that says only a male can take out the trash? And to make it worse, if the little flower-dy wastebasket they chose gets over full, they just carefully stack one more item on the very top, like a secret game of Jenga. Hell, they can wedge one more thing in until the basket looks like a bouquet or an ice cream cone, that will topple when you touch it to carry out her stinking trash. which leads to

2). Packing

Not guns, luggage. Not just my woman, but all women seem to think that unless you are busting the zippers off a suitcase, you are under utilizing it. Even worse is packing things in an open bag or basket---like a gift bag or a cutsey fabric beach bag. Then when the man loads it, it will spill it's content out all over the trunk. Why would any sane adult think that a bag with no drawstring or zipper even counts as luggage. Even a dirty laundry bag needs a working draw string.

I'll fix her, though. Time to leave the lid up.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Trash...In my household I put out the trash.I use bladder pads,
not maxi pads or tampons.*
Packing...I admit that I do overstuff a suitcase.I also pack more
then what we would need for our trip.I also pack a gun and have
a license to carry.

* sorry if this is too much info,Mama

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
somethings I have noticed over the years

if we're going somewhere at 7.30 that means we're leaving the house with enough time to get there for 7.30 not the time you start the princess bath routine taking 3 hours and thats before you've even decided on what to wear (sometime i almost think its better to book a day after and tell her the wrong day as then she should be ready on time)

we men are simple creatures...remember that as they saying goes we're either horny or hungry and the willy tells you which one it is

and as for urinating everywhere its a throw back to primitive times and ensuring a good marking of the territory so they knew you'd been

licking fingers...its a waste of good fats and if you was starving from waiting 3 hours for you to get ready and had to pay lord knows how much you want every last pennies worth and the fats where the flavour is

wearing clothes too long...its a simple rule of the male species that washing only occurs when the clothes stick to the wall when thrown against them otherwise a quick spray with deodorant and jobs done for another few days

the loo seat its a subtle way for women to try and train there men to obey some silly rule as a sign of affection, and yes i'll put the seat down but if i'm not expecting the mrs for a few hrs stuff all that extra faffing around when you need to go in a hurry

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by paganini

Let's see...late at night,nightlight on in bathroom...
Yes,

edit on 19-1-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)[/editby
edit on 19-1-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)
Light switch? extra DIV

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not all of the issues I mentioned in my opening post were inspired
by my hubby...
He does put the seat down.
He does wipe his hands on his t shirts.
He does walk around the garage in his good socks.
I do have to wrestle his jeans into the washer.
One time I forgot to put clean towels in the bathrooms...
he came out the bathroom sat down next to me and dried
his hands on my shirt.I try harder to remember clean towels.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Regarding the toilet seat issue: Just be glad that he actually lifted the toilet seat, rather than just hope that his aim was "sufficient."

It only takes a second to lower the seat back into position, and I don't have to worry about sitting in anything wet that would subsequently gross me out and require me to take another shower.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Nice generalizing there..
Seems like you are basing this on your husband/boyfriends behaviour, as you clearly cannot have met many males.

And what the heck is wrong with leaving the toilet seat up?? Is it too dirty for your females to touch???
We males have to do that as well when you leave it down and we have no issues with it.
Why is it so hard for you to spend 1 second on lowering toilet seat?
edit on 20-1-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by OldCorp

I AM MAMABETH,NOT MAMAJ

Bet you were thinking, "Just like a man to forget."

I'm sorry, I was in a rush. Please forgive me.

(See guys, the secret to being happily married for 25 years like me? Groveling. Groveling and flowers.
)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It sounds like the op's husband is the kind of person that you have to take the direct route with. Every time he forgets slap him on back of his head. Sadly some men you have to train like a dog.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What is worse is I am a guy and a few times I have woken up for a late night poo to go sit down and end up ballz deep in water @#$%$%^@
@ myself

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join