It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Men Act Civilized?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Sometimes I wonder how I found such a perfect female among a horde of idiotic floozies.

Get that woman off that pedestal.

She isn't perfect. That is just the harmones tricking your young brain.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
She isn't perfect. That is just the harmones tricking your young brain.

I know she isn't perfect, there is no such thing as perfect.

You got me all wrong.

I'll tell you the gritty secret to finding "the one":

From day one, don't try to "pick up" women, don't try to woo them. Just be who you are and don't give a # if they like you or not, don't try to be smooth just to get in their pants. Sooner or later the right one will find you as long as you are always true to yourself, don't try to be some ladies man, that only makes you stupid.

You might not get laid as much, be prepared to deal with it. However, that one that comes along and respects you for who you are may be the one. There is no certainty in this, one might come along and like you for your consistency and strength, there is no certainty in anything.

Always be true to yourself, don't play games and pose as someone you are not. That way, 6 months down the road you won't revert back to someone else and become confused about your personality. Too many idiots do, just be yourself, sounds cliche but it really is the best advice.

When a girl approaches you don't say "Hey baby" or anything like that, say whatever is on your mind no matter how wrong it might sound, you might not strike home as much, but the one that truly likes you will probably find it funny. The rest of them are just out for whatever it is you might have at the moment.

Also, and this is important, you have to have some self control and not cheat on her. Show some respect for your woman and be indifferent towards other women, don't act like a dick when some 19 year old is around wearing a short skirt. Disregard your sex drive towards everyday sluts, that's a tall order I know, but that is the secret to a successful relationship, despite what your friends might tell you.

Being a complete sexist who doesn't even like females actually helps, because it will root out the sluts and then when you find the one for you it will keep you from trying to pursue other dumb #s only interested in screwing over your woman or getting in your pants or your wallet.

Basically, be a #ing man not a club hopping idiot who only wants to get laid. But, I might be unique, most women that guys look at and say "daaaaaamn"... they disgust me. I believe in principle, not getting my dick wet.
edit on 20-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
uhhhhhhh... cause were men?!?!?!

Look at our history

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I'll tell you the gritty secret to finding "the one":

I'm a great-grandfather.

My days of chasing tail are over, so I guess your post will have to serve as advice for some other guy.

*Anyhow, our western women are bad about the toilet seat, but they've got nothing on the standard issue German housfraus, who demand that the men sit down when they pee.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
*Anyhow, our western women are bad about the toilet seat, but they've got nothing on the standard issue German housfraus, who demand that the men sit down when they pee.

Well, that explains why Germans always seemed so angry I suppose.

Women in America seem like they are just out to get men though. I may be sexist, but these women will make it their life mission to screw over any man who gets remotely close to them in any way they can. Boy how they love the judicial system, call up captain save a ho who has been bullied all his life and problem solved no matter who was in the wrong.

Sorry that finding "the one" thing wasn't necessarily directed at you, just something I felt like writing at the time. Who knows, maybe someone will read it and become better for it, maybe not.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Times are a'changing. These women who were raised with feminism are slowly but surely starting to learn that they don't hold all they keys. See, women hold the keys to sex but men - we hold the keys to commitment. And if you've taken a look at the marriage stats recently, you are going to see alot of young men just aren't buying in to marriage anymore. It simply isn't worth the risk to commit to a woman from their generation.

Just look at the list of complaint the OP has, it is ridiculous. Would you want to risk spending your life with someone who is going to mistreat you because you used a napkin instead of a tissue? I don't think so.

Sadly, OP is not alone - she is representative of her generation. And it is causing a great many good men to opt out of the institution of marriage and chivalry too, look at the sinking of the Costa Concordia where women were finally treated as equals and still they complained. Heck, if there had been cries of 'women and children first', female writers would bitch about that too. "The Patriarchy Lives" would read the headlines. Women would be complaining that they weren't forced to wait in line like the men.

But, people from Gen Y are starting to come to power, and I have a feelings they are going to force some major changes with regards to the way society treats it's men.

Bitching about a man wearing his own socks - in his own goddamn house that he paid for - will not occur as frequently because it will be seen as almost as embarrassing as berating a man for using napkins instead of a tissue - and that will be pretty embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Good point, actually my woman is not from the same generation I am. She's 17 years older than me, that may or may not have something to do with how well we get along. A lot of people say that a relationship like ours would never work, but that is because those people care about what others think.

I can agree with you I am disgusted by most women that are around my age (Gen-Y). That is not really why I am with an older woman, but it may have been a factor due to the process of elimination or so. Never really met a girl my age I would want to spend any time with, much less be in a relationship with. Maybe a few here and there, but they have always been up to their own agenda or have some idea of a perfect man and won't accept anything other than a cookie cutter version of whatever it is they want. They don't understand that plenty of men will become that temporarily in order to get those panties.

As a man, I'm simply not willing to conform to someone else's standards in order to have a pointless relationship with them. I met someone who I live in peace and harmony with, probably better than most peoples marriages. People have become so hoped up on soap operas and drama TV that they think their life has to be like that, this is why I hate Jersey Shore, it creates an army of idiots of both the men and women variety.

Wish I had more funny jokes and less philosophical bull# like everyone else, but this is just me. I'm a dick, nobody really likes me except my family and my woman. I don't really even like calling her my woman, shes not my girlfriend and shes not my wife, shes something else I can't really describe. People might think I sound young or full of #, but all I am doing is telling the honest truth. That is what I do, enough about me.

Enjoyed the conversation, thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

on the same coin, why is it all women cant learn to stop moaning like hell about any given subject and why do they seem to live to give men a sore head?!??!?

(dont colour us all with the same brush, or some of us may do the same to you girls)
edit on 20-1-2012 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Nobody ever seems to thank guys for going to the trouble of lifting up the toilet in the first place....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

This is hilarious.

"Why aren't men civilised, so us women don't have to work so hard cleaning up after them?!"

Lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Wipes his hands on his shirts not his mouth.
Especially after eating cheesy puffs!

Why would he wipe his hands on his mouth, though??

Unless there's still good food clinging to his fingers!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I have a very easy solution for the Op.......

tell your husband to do his own washing!

As for the toilet.....

it is essential in Australia for all men to have their man caves.....an outside dunny!

www.flickr.com...@N05/3034229117/in/photostream
edit on 20-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Men are civilized....more so then women in fact.Hell,men built civilization love.

Feet are gonna smell anyway so wy bother with the whole sock thing.

Oh and why can't YOU put the toilet seat up for US?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Why do men have to use their shirts like napkins?

Maybe its just "your man" because I've never seen that happen...only from kids. But then there is the shirt we don't give a crap about well wipe anything on like our grease shirts we wear to fix our cars.

when men need to blow their noses they reach for the napkins instead of the box of tissues right next to the napkins.

It's a napkin, who cares?

Next, men and their socks.Why do they always walk around the garage in their good socks?

Probably because they don't care. Women worry and care too much about little things. Be careful worrying too much will make you old.

Finally,the toilet seat...Is it really that hard to put the seat back down for us ladies?

Women have two hands just like men do, learn how to use them.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I got a question for all women...

Why do you girls never flush the toilet after you pee...its disgusting. If I was having a poop attack (lol) Do you really think we want to drop a load into pis*y water that splashes us? Then you cry about the toilet seat.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I feel rather fortunate now. Albeit a bit OCD, but other'arf doesn't do anything Mama is annoyed about. His work clothes being filthy can't be helped, but he keeps those completely separate and only wears them for work. Socks are all black, thick ones and thin which he meticulously keeps in regimented order in his drawer and only wears his crap ones at work.

I can't even complain about the toilet seat.

I got a question for all women... Why do you girls never flush the toilet after you pee...its disgusting. If I was having a poop attack (lol) Do you really think we want to drop a load into pis*y water that splashes us? Then you cry about the toilet seat.

Don't think most of us have done that since we were kids. To be fair I used to be scared witless by the toilet flush, even at night when everyone is asleep and it's dark I still flush and run like I'm being chased by a pack of hungry dogs.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Perhaps one guy or a couple of guys shouldn't be your example of ALL guys.

Not all of us are "Uncivilized".

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Honestly?
I've come a cropper a few times thanks to going into a dark bathroom after my not so well trained son.
Not fallen into the toilet, but slid off sideways and into the bath.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
socks ??? what are those ? go barefoot year round here or wear sandals...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join