It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Vatican Hebrew Translator exposes the OT for what it is in his LITERAL translation of the Hebr

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
it's still just the interpretation of an event or symbol by somebody who interpreted (or completely imagined) something else, who then wrote it down, where it was then interpreted by a dozen other people. It's all 10th-hand telephone game knowledge that you can twist another 1,000 ways, if you want to.

Yes, it could indeed be that way.
But all ancient peoples talked about Gods descended from the skies who created man and gave him the knowledge. If you see the whole picture, you could come to another conclusion.
Mr. Biglino says: "This is what I read in the Bible if I take it literally". Period.
You can draw your own conclusion.
My opinion is that thinking that people living 5.000 ago, instead of speaking of dragons and pricesses, if they wanted to be creative, were able to create science-fiction stories describing engines, death rays and atom bombs is a bit too much of a fantasizing.
edit on 20-1-2012 by stesepu because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by stesepu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
justifies my acceptance of Sitchin...and...since they are mortal but seem to live for literally 100's of thousands of years...they surely are still here...and...i'm not calling you shirley(jk)

Or arriving back about ....NOW. Their ships are said to make thunderous NOISE! we are hearing noise from the sky everywhere on the planet. I actually came across a study of this noise phenomenon by a scientist published in a science journal, he had no real conclusion at the end, his best guess with the known evidence seemed to be HARP related.

Anyhow if they are advanced beings who helped make us what we are, MAYBE they can FIX the stuff they messed up!!
!f we stop worrying about after lives and think about how nice it would be even to live 900 or so years like Noah's day and get some real info on our history without an institution telling us so they can gain power and money!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Lewis Black describes the OT God perfectly in his stand up comedy routine

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here's a bit of the video, transcribed from the subtitles.

in the years 600-800 A.D., in short, it's when the Merovigs first and then the Carolings ruled over Europe. I mean that while Charlemagne was building his Holy Roman Empire by the lake of Galiliee, one family, which was Moshez ben Aaron ben Asher's family, defined the Bible as we know it. This family was in conflict with other families: they represented the Tiberias school. There was the Palestinian school, the Samaritan one, the Babylonian one. They won. And now we have the Bible that they put together.
If someone else would have won, we now would have a potentially different Bible. Why? because the first Bible was written as a sequence of consonants [no spaces, no vowels]. That means that the work made by those guys named Masorets - "the Keepers of the tradition" - was in first place to determine the words, that is, splitting the row of consonants and determining the words that can be split and established in many different ways. The second work they made was inserting the vowels, that were not there. And inserting the vowels actually means inserting the meaning of the words.

So, one thing we should know is that the only certainty we have is that we know that we don't know. Ok? this is a matter of fact. We don't even know how the Bible was vocalized when they wrote it. At the time when most of the Bible's events happened, above all the fundamental ones, Hebrew didn't even exist as a language. When many names were pronounced, Hebrew didn't exist, Moses didn't speak Hebrew. In the desert, they didn't speak Jewish during the exodus. If we like, if we want to believe they spoke some sort of Semitic language but I doubt it, they spoke some form of Amorite, then maybe they began to speak some form of Aramaic and later, a couple centuries later, Jewish began to shape, which is actually a transformed Sub-Phoenician.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"Hey! Here's the right way to live, love one another, don't judge or be mean or hurt each other or animals, blah blah blah.". But instead Faith - which smacks of a pretty obvious con job if ever there was one *except* again that being raised on it, you don't often "Wake up" enough to question it - is what we're suppose to have with fail, and either wait for God to handle these things we cannot, or act to help ourselves because we should "know" or whatever the going concensus on Faith is. Faith is only required for something that cannot provide proof. And that is a con from the minds of men - not even a particularly good con, but one that's obviously worked for those of us who don't learn to think or question the status quo. ANd it is too bad because what if those "Evil Men" we are warned about really were the engineers of the malaise of the world? What's that - "God wouldn't let happen?" Well I tell you what - God let's a lot of bad things happen to good people - why not that? It just doesn't make sense. And yes,maybe I'm just unable to understand with my puny human mind, but isn't that the point of a book like the Bible? To guide and explain what we're too inadequate to know or understand? It would have been nice if the original Bible could have foreseen the need for multi-lingual editions and a security tag to show no alterations had taken place. No, I'm not be facetious. It's supposed to be a Holy Divine Chronicle anyway, so what better way to add some certainty to the claims of divinity than with some miraculous tech? Again - this shouldn't even be the ridiculous assertion that some of the devout may perceive this idea to be. If miracles can happen, and God can talk to people then why not a real divine tome that is clearly the Word of God it's supposed to be anyway??? Does such proof get in the way of Faith or something? WHY can't this be?

Please don't get me wrong (or accuse me of saying something I'm not - which happens all the time in religion and with supposedly divine/divinely inspired documentation) - I am not poking fun at Faith because I lived it growing up and losing it is no picnic. It's terrible to suddenly feel the world around you is not at all what you thought it was and that any security or sense you found in the senseless is suddenly not only gone but was most lilely never there in the first place. I'm just saying it wouldn't take much - from someone supposedly capable of anything - to alleviate a lot of doubt (if not suffering and misery) in the world and be the inerrant guide that a book is supposed to already be,but quite obviously is not.

In the greater scheme of things, there may very well be some truly spiritual basis to this reality, maybe there is a loving creator force that we all came from, some higher existence of being that we came from or at the very least will return/go to when our time in physical reality is at an end. That's still a hope I hang on to with some admitted desperation. Otherwise there really doesn't seem to be much point to "All This". And the supposed divine guides that we have are...woefully lacking at best. Suffice to say, anything this ambiguous, this vague (and something subject to so many varied interpretations), and able to be sullied by "evil" men or even good men who are simply confused or unsure of something (because it's written in conflicting, changed, or ambiguous ways) can ONLY be the creation of US.Fallible, imperfect Humans, or rather physical beings, regardless of which lump of rock we or they came from. When I found out in college how the Roman Empire had seized upon religion as a grand and surprisingly effective way of controlling the populace, I suddenly had my answer why it didn't make sense: religion was simply a tool used by humans to control other humans. And soon after I entered the dark nightmare of questioning my Faith, that maybe there isn't a God and the Universe is purely a chance driven chaotic mess. That's why - to bring this lengthy post back to my opening statement - that this sort of prespective on scripture actually gives me some hope - because religion as I've been raised to believe it - is really as ludicrous, chaotic and contradictory as it seems because it is not based on anything divinely spiritual. That God may actually exist, but in a capacity that will take some more looking into - perhaps looking INward - to maybe get any understanding. So in this respect, this is paradoxically a good thing for God, at least IMO. :-)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wow, sorry took me so long to post part 2 of my post, for anyone who bothers reading it - didn't realize so many people would post so much in the between times! :-)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Jordan River
I've studied ancient scriptures enough to know this is B.S. Any one with a brain would know that God is an alien (not a physical alien) but a spiritual multi dimensional omnipresnce alien (cause we dont associate with God on a physical realm/level

We are not here to debate the nature of the one and only god(if there is such a thing) we are here to debate the creators of either life on this planet or the human species. God might have made the universe but aliens can still make humans from apes. Try to keep up.

Well I believe in the panspermia theory of the creation of life through asteroids, comets, etc

I dont think the title of this thread is "Tell me your theories of the origins of life on this planet"

so if thats the agenda you're trying to push or thats the subject you want to discuss why dont you make a thread of your own that relates to that topic? As you can see we already have a subject to discuss here.

I think it is on topic to discuss how this relates to us and our own current beliefs and maybe the need to rethink.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
For those that haven't watched the clip yet, the first 10 minutes is basically just the guy explaining his credentials and his translation process. He mentions that the original Hebraic language did not contain vowels and that over the centuries translators inserted vowels to interpret the texts and its his position that inserting vowels added unintended meaning. It's not until around the 10 minute mark that he even touches on an instance of what he considers a mistranslation and he hits on a word that he believes describes a UFO rather than the traditional meaning of it being "God's spirit". Unfortunately he doesn't get very far into this explanation before the clip ends and we're left with the rather annoying "to be continued".

Overall I'm left with the impression that he's just trying to sell a book (which is mentioned in the clip). There have been many scholars that have looked at the texts over the centuries and there has been general consensus that overall, the translations are accurate. This process in fact continues today, scholars are still poring over the Dead Sea scrolls and comparing them to accepted Bible translations to see how they compare, and the reports have been that the modern accepted translations are indeed surprisingly close to the original texts.

He touches on the argument in the clip that the Bible as we know it was assembled in later years (hundreds of years after Christ) and it could have been assembled differently and potentially the meaning would have been different. I agree with him on that point, had the Book of Enoch or other apocryphal texts been included then the Bible would have a slightly different feel than it does, but I've read those texts and while they do present some concepts that don't quite align with modern religious teachings they don't substantially change the message either. He's mixing some truth in with his own brand of reinterpretation to grant himself some credibility that I don't think he really has.

In case no one else has said...the books he spoke of i believe were books he wrote for and are owned by the Vatican and it is the vatican that will not be publishing those two remaining works he did for them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyFever
Dang, I Love this stuff.. I've been waiting for someone to come out and say this for a while now.

Does anyone know if Biglino has a book out written with English translation? I've searched the internet and found nothing. He shows it in one video, but I can't find it anywhere/???

Is it being blocked out ??? I need a copy or 3...

Here is the link you requested
www.holy-bible-aliens.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by EricD

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by scary

The Pope claimed to be Jesus, that's enough for me to write off anything that comes from Roman Catholicism.

No, he didn't. The Pope did not claim to be Jesus.

But the OP is claiming that the translator was actually fired by the Vatican, so that should be a plus in your book, right?

Eric

Pope Pius X was quoted saying these exact words:"The Pope is the Human representative of Christ on earth and he is Christ himself"

So yeah the Pope did claim this, and no Pope after him refuted it either. Furthermore the word "Pope" means "Father" and Jesus forbade any man to claim that he was our Father because we only have one Father and he's not on earth.

isn't it interesting that Jesus said Call no man Father but your Father in heaven...and yet this is exactly what religions call their preachers and have no qualms calling them Father...just one of the strange thing about religous followers who have read the bible and yet ignore what they say they believe day after day.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Apparently, thanks to the Internet more than anything else, NEW translations of a very difficult language to understand, let alone master, such as Hebrew, are being disseminated much more frequently all the time. You have to admit that accuracy, as a surrogate for truth, has been the first casualty, though.

I have not had the time to read through all 11 pages of this discussion but has anyone been to "The Chronical Project" at www.thechronicleproject.org... This group has been making a complete reexamination of the Hebrew language and text of the Torah and other Hebrew texts which has yeilded some very surprising information in itself much as Binglino's studies have produced. Like Binglino they have yet, to my knowledge, recieved any kind of recognition from "established" educational institutions, churches or other religeous groups for their work. Indeed, if they had any attention at all paid to them it was to condemn them as the Vatican has with Binglino. It's not surprising to me, though. Once a market is cornered you NEVER let it go! Not in your lifetime or in the ages to come!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ollie769

Apparently, thanks to the Internet more than anything else, NEW translations of a very difficult language to understand, let alone master, such as Hebrew, are being disseminated much more frequently all the time. You have to admit that accuracy, as a surrogate for truth, has been the first casualty, though.

I have not had the time to read through all 11 pages of this discussion but has anyone been to "The Chronical Project" at www.thechronicleproject.org... This group has been making a complete reexamination of the Hebrew language and text of the Torah and other Hebrew texts which has yeilded some very surprising information in itself much as Binglino's studies have produced. Like Binglino they have yet, to my knowledge, recieved any kind of recognition from "established" educational institutions, churches or other religeous groups for their work. Indeed, if they had any attention at all paid to them it was to condemn them as the Vatican has with Biglino. It's not surprising to me, though. Once a market is cornered you NEVER let it go! Not in your lifetime or in the ages to come!

Once a market is cornered you NEVER let it go!

great observation.
Infact, from what I listened to in the videos of another Biglino conference,
it seems he is closely watched and controlled by some Secret Services
(Vatican? Gesuits? SMOM?)
and received several death threats.

surprising?

are they afraid to lose their "market", after 1687 years of deception?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewtonDKC
Wow, sorry took me so long to post part 2 of my post, for anyone who bothers reading it - didn't realize so many people would post so much in the between times! :-)

Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed.
Having said that, I found so many things wrong in your understanding that I have to question how serious you were about your study of the Bible.

For example; animal sacrifice. While there are many hard things to understand and seeming (on the surface) contradictions, most folk understand that animal sacrifice was first and foremost about us understanding the consequence of sin. To do it as an act without some serious inner-contemplation would be valueless, spiritually dangerous, and miss the point.

Another thing is that not everyone came to their faith--like yourself--from being raised in it. You should recognize that, and if you do, that negates some of your assertions about faith.

I'm sorry you lost your faith, and I understand the angst that that can cause, but for someone as obviously intelligent as you are, you shouldn't be speaking in such absolutes with the modicum of understanding you display.

The Bible does speak to me and many in a deep way. However that wasn't enough for me either. But when I look at our world and our dire situation, I see an overlay in the good book that sufficiently identifies, prophesies, and explains our collective condition with an accuracy that seems preternatural and thusly worthy of consideration.

Peace my friend and God bless all of us in our bumbling and all-to-human search for our own truths.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
Am I allowed to post the same question I did earlier and that went right under the radar? Here it is...

Sorry and thanks, simultaneously.

"

Am I the only one who finds that the Sumerian pictogram of the RUACH, according to this man, looks a lot like the UFO, or RIV, filmed in Turkey, hovering above water?... "
No your not the only one...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just finished watching the first segment, and I have to thank you so much for showing this! I argued with my mom for years over the legitimacy of the bible's origins, and finally she saw the logic behind my words. Before that, she was of the mind that every word in the 'good book' was pure and right, not altered by man or his political motives. To hear that it was even more than what it is now is exciting to me. The bible made all the more sense after I got my hands on the Apocrypha and read what had not been as corrupted. Honestly, the gospel of Thomas was more like a breath of fresh air in what was otherwise a den of despair. I will continue to watch these videos, and once more, thank you!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In addition to my more personal opus (opi?) that I posted, :-) here's a couple of the things I found noteworthy from the videos for anyone still hoping for a summary of sorts:

1. The whole "he doesn't interpret but writes it down as it says literally" issue that others have said is contradictory - clearly he DOES add quite a bit of interpretation to this for the presentation - what I take his meaning to be is: He first wrote down the literal saying translating it exactly as it says it in the original version he's using, without assuming a particular word means something it doesn't.
This version was handed over to the Vatican (as far as I understand) and they then re-translated it with their spiritual/traditionalist meanings added.

2. He THEN later on realized that what he had written made far more sense than traditional (and varying interpretations) if it was read with a literal understanding of what was being stated - i.e. if the words said "Yahweh's big heavy object was on the mountain" - NOT to automatically assign a mystical, spiritual meaning while reading it but take it at face value with the understanding these people were using the only non-technical words and descriptions at their disposal to describe real world events.
In other words (i.e. and yes, I'm interpreting this for you ), anytime we read something we always perform some inherent interpreting of the material as it's how we humans comprehend what we read. But don';t read it with a "This is a tale of spirits and miracles" but rather as "this is real world events" as described by a non-technological society. So he's certainly giving a new version of it, but after the fact of reading it at face value in this manner. I hope that makes sense in describing his approach!

3. An "after the fact" factoid - the whole "burnt offerings" sacrifice stuff (which always has bothered me as repulsive from a supposedly loving spiritual God) - later he was told that astronauts "Stink" up their capsule on the moon due to the way their skin cells come off and are destroyed in the environment present. He presents this as a possible explanation for why the Elohim - again, NOT God, but physical beings that visited these ancient people - might want such scents as in addition to familiarity it also apparently evoked a sense of calm or relaxation in their bodies/brains, a sort of chemical/drug effect.

4. Stories like Cain and Abel and the fact that God would be so unfair in commending Abel on killing an animal over vegetables (abhorrent to many modern sensibilities - certainly to me!) makes sense if we remove a Divine/Holy perspective and just read it as a statement from a physical being that digs the odor and isn't actually putting any spiritual value on it - just what he likes - but the humans attributed a deeper and incorrect meaning to it.

5. The Garden of Eden and tasting of the fruit of Knowledge - I particularly liked this one - because stripped down it is simply a - again I'm interpreting here (Forgive me if it goes against the...ahem, spirit of the lecture when you should be making your own judgements) - anyway, it's a Genetic Engineer explaining to his now conscious creations that are thinking beings that they have taken the first step into a bigger world - not chastising them for or scolding them - but trying to make them understand they are thinking beings now and about to leave the safety of the play pen/lab/garden. Thus far the have been looked after, protected and provided for, but now the real existence begins and it's going to be a struggle at times, especially initially as they get used to it. Having babies HURTS. Being hungry requires working to provide food instead of coming to the lab cafeteria. Running around buck nekkid is all groovy with their fit and uncalloused and scar-less bodies but now they'll need to protect that hang and other assorted orifices, and briars and bugs will not be pleasant to exposed skin!! :-)
So in other words, "God" didn't reprimand and banish humans for being human and sampling the very things he put as temptation right in front of them (and with the curiosity and wonder that he freaking designed them with!) Another story that always bothered the heck out of me! Instead it's a coming of age tale if anything, the creator sends of his creations to be part of the world and to Live, Love, Hurt and Die. All the things that make physical reality the experience it is.In a way, I wish it was God as it certainly paints him in a fairer and more caring light - but still too "human" obviously and I hope for a lot more from whatever God that may be, if there is one, but one that won't act so cruel, unfair, and mad when his creations do the very things he made them capable of doing and had to know in advance they'd do anyway!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There were 600 books in the original bible, later pared down to 80, then the 66 that make up the current version of the book. The reasons given for removing 520 books were that they were "uninspired".

So picture a movie edited down to just the action scenes, no backstory or character development, and you have the King James bible. Which is the Michael Bay version of the bible.

So while interesting the interpretations are just fragments of the bigger story, and since most of the lost books were destroyed that's all we have left. Which is the version that jibes with the holy roman church.

So much of our true history is lost that we will never know the whole truth.

We're only a few steps ahead of throwing virgins into volcano's today.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

who then wrote it down, where it was then interpreted by a dozen other people. It's all 10th-hand telephone game knowledge that you can twist another 1,000 ways, if you want to.

This is exactly what the bible is, or at least genesis. It's the Sumerian tablets, after about 3000 years of telephone game. For me the clincher is the story of Noah, except 3000 years earlier, and with all the names changed.

Originally written by Sumerians, who were told about it by their gods who walked among them, ruled them, and they were in fear of. I think it's safe to assume they weren't really gods, only people with superior technology that came from the sky.

I for one believe there's more truth in what this guy is saying than fiction. It doesn't mean there's no god. It just means that these guys weren't him, or her.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
so, just got done with video 3

did he suggest space smells like burnt meat?

wtf

if it does, then erm..why? and if he doesn't, can we then simply toss out this hypothesis and the baby with the bathwater?

hmm..how would someone test that...stick their head out of a shuttle and breath in doesn't seem like a good idea..

___
nevermind, started 4 and he explains (sort of) the smell in a pod. ok..no barbecue space smell...pity really, space would make me hungry.
edit on 20-1-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Sounds like the dam aliens fried half the planets animals to get high on the stench!

Found it all pretty weird when first reading the bible, better his explanation then the non explanations from everywhere else!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I set about to watch all these, but quickly realized it lacked a comprehensive assessment, and that the author was doing what he initially blamed other Biblical translators for doing, although he said he wouldn't. He stretches values of words to provide meanings of what HE wants. Clearly. ( Think I'll stick with the Hebrew, but thanks. )

In other words, its sketchy.

And how about this for a commandment:

"Do Not Cook the kid in the mother's blood."

Sorry. That just struck me as funny.
edit on 1/20/2012 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join