It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs On A Photo Taken Near A Cementary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I found this very old photo depicting the woods near a cementary at night. I just got a camera for my birthday so me and my buddy went out for a walk to try it out and take some pictures in the dark (it was past midnight). We walked into a pathway leading to a forest that was right next to the village cementary. We usually went there to visit relatives once in a while.
I got out my camera and randomly started taking pictures of the woods. (each time the flash creeped my buddy out cause I pretended to see shadows moving between the trees and he got really scared :lol

Somehow I didn't notice before but when you take a closer look at that picture you see a strange "orb" like traingle real close to eachother and then 3 scattered across the top:

here I highlighted the "orbs"

unfortunatly these pictures are of low quality but if anyone is interested enough in this stuff, pm me and I can link you high quality pics. (these were edited due to size)
The orbs appear to be in depth with the picture so I cant understand how this could be a reflexion or any other explainable light anomaly.

Later while on our way back I found another picture that was "ghostly":

It looks like smoke but the wierd thing is (sceptics: you gotta trust me on this one) we didnt notice any smoke at all that evening. We dont smoke cigarettes, the weather was a clear nightsky and there simply was no smoke as seen on the picture! It appears to be moving from the left to the right, and at the right side are the woods and behind those woods is the cementary. "okaay..creepy.."
Thats what we were thinking while reviewing these pics. Whats your take on this? Actual "ghosts" or "spirits" on camera?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Could it not just be the light flashing of an object? Your using a flash so that would not surprise me, hate to always be a sceptic but lens flares can happen in the dark and the flash increases the chances. Not sure about the smoke stuff, perhaps a drain or something.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Haha, orbs!
Never ceases to amaze me people still think these are anything other than light reflecting of dust.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hello

I am familiar with the theory of orbs but I for one stand by the idea its just dust reflecting of the camera flash at an angle to which it is facing the camera lens.

However this goes with all things paranormal in my opinion. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. We all know the Human body has an electrical current to it so where does that energy go?

Are ghosts just the trails of our electrical energy left behind, similar to the way a snail has slime left in its path?

Thats what I like to think anyway.

P.S

Good photo depicting orbs.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
PPS

I have some interesting photos taken from castles in Scotland (I live in Scotland btw)

One of the most interesting ones was taken at Balvenie Castle where my family history could be traced back to it. I hope to upload and share with the community as soon as I have the permission to do so

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

then tell me why out of 31 pictures that share a very high similarity, only 3 have "dust-reflections" on them.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ok the probability of getting an orb can be broken down to these following factors

1. The angle of the camera lense
2. The amount of dust in the area
3. The angle of the dust
4. The ambient light
5. The magnitude of the light emitted by the camera's flash

That is 5 conditions that must be met to capture "dust that is having light reflected off of it" for an ORB to occur, if the photo was taken in your own home with the lights on. And there were these little spheres with light being EMITTED from the little spheres. Then I would be all too happy to call that an orb.

What you have caught appears (at least to me) is "dust that is having light reflected off of it" thats why out of 30+ photos only 3 of the photos met the above parameters.

Sorry if it seems like I am shooting you down but if we believed everything we saw and heard we wouldnt have ATS

top topics

join