It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq was for oil, just like Iran is for oil.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Lately, we have seen many threads for and against
the possible war with iran. Some people are saying
we should stop iran before they obtain the weapon
that could threat the western world.

We all know they said the same thing about Iraq, and
we all know it turned out to be lies.

I believe that the american government has a long term
plan when it comes to the middle east, and that is to put
as many puppet, american friendly governments in power,
so when the time comes, they will be first in line for the oil.

Here is an interesting link that
pretty much sums it up.

As for the americans who believe that the american government
are doing the right thing, you are simply brainwashed. Why do you
think your government drills it into your head from a young age to be
patriotic for you country? Its so that that can get away with the crimes
they commit.

And before you say i am anti american, i am not. I have
nothing against american people, i just dont like your government,
like i dont like many governments.

I believe in being patriotic for the planet, and i see patriotic
for your country as just another brainwashing tool used by
many governments, and going by the posts i have read in here,
it works

edit on 19-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As much as the people in charge change over there it does not make sense to try and place "puppets" in place for "someday" when we may need them.

I don't believe it's about oil. Never was before and it's not now.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

As much as the people in charge change over there it does not make sense to try and place "puppets" in place for "someday" when we may need them.

I don't believe it's about oil. Never was before and it's not now.

read the link. Its obvious that the iraq invasion was for
oil. People cant use 9/11 as the excuse because the invasion
of iraq was planned before then.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yay more planet talk... well whether you like it or not, we live on this rock, and because all 6 billion+ of us are different in our own ways, we're all gonna have something to disagree about. hopefully Gene Roddenberry's vision comes to pass where we find intelligent life ( or it finds us) we suddenly come together as a species for the betterment of the planet.

But until that happens, we're stuck with what we got.

and you should also know since it sounds as if you don't live here, Gas (petrol) prices for cars, homes, etc haven't gotten any better. so no, Iraq was not about oil... if it was, why would we help the Iraqi government get set up so they could sell their oil to Europe, etc.

Lastly, if i remember correctly..Iranian oil is pretty dirty, Libya has the "Sweet" crude, and that oil goes to the EU.

for those of you who think these wars have been about oil, try this. stop protesting the drilling/pipelines here in America, let us drill for our own oil, and lets see if we have any more wars.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

If the war in Iraq was for oil why did the Irag oil contracts go to China?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

The real reason for WAR. Its because the oil barons are deciding to drop our $ for buying and selling oil. They decided to buy and sell in EURO instead of the $. If this happens and we don't do anything about it the whole world money systen falls apart. The US was going to sell Iraq oil to pay for the war but they didn't why, because they shut down the oil fields there, and capped then to keep the oil prices high. We need to get rid of the FED banks and UN. They are the Dictators of the world. (UN) United Nations of World Bankers. Get it. They control everything. Who suffers? The working people all over. We can't have a gold or silver standard because there is not enough gold or silver in the whole world to backup the dollars in curculation. If anyone tells you we should go back to a gold or silver standard they are BSing you, it can't be done period. The only standard to back up the dollar now is oil. The US has to borrow money, why we are bankrupt. We the workers like you and pay the taxes to cover the dept. Lets all wake up.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Sir I strongly agree with you.

P.S

The oil that is drilled in the middle east, belongs to the companies that drilled the oil. Point the finger at them as they are most likely the ones that precipitated these events.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

its not big oil, its the liberal environmentalists. The deep water horizon was bad because the well was in deep water, where the only thing we could send down was remote controlled subs, not men.

The XL keystone pipeline was designed to have state of the art redundancies in the event of a leak. most pipelines running through this country are being upgraded with these systems. included in these systems are sensors every so many yards to let someone know that there is a loss of pressure in the event of a leak. this allows for greater accuracy in finding the leak, and since its accessible, it can and would be fixed A LOT faster than the DH was.

my point is, if we could drill and refine our own oil, and ship it to our gas stations without the added fuel costs to deliver it across the ocean, we could revert back to a gold standard instead of using oil.

I'm all for alternative energies, so long as the technology is there to supply the current demand that oil and natural gas fulfills. but until that time, it makes more sense to go ahead and use the resources here at home. and what ever money is left over from not buying foreign oil, should be used for the R&D of these alternatives energies.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It is clearly for oil, and its a long term plan, not short term. The evidence is there for everyone to see.

US firms vie to rebuild Iraq

Oil firms 'discuss Iraqi stake

Analysis: Oil and the Bush cabinet

Dick Cheney: Leading hawk

The excuse for the war with Iraq was that Saddam needs to be disarmed. But recent declassified documents prove that Iraq was armed by America

Report: U.S. supplied the kinds of germs Iraq

Oil has always been top of Bush's foreign-policy agenda

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You people need to stop feeding yourselves lies.

It was never about oil

The campaign was to ensure Israel's superamcy over the Middle east since the start.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

It is all for oil no oil for you or me to pay less prices at the pump dear, is about control of oil reserve and keep driving prices up to the roof for profits.

People have the tendency to think that oil wars are for making oil available to everybody, but if this happen the oil mafia will be losing money no making it.

Research on Geopolitical wars

Now controlling how much oil move around that is how profits are made.

While people think oil is control by the oil producing countries is not so, it is the US stock market future, the ones that dictate how much we all pay for that oil.

That is why whenever is sanctions against a oil producing country the ones to gain the most are actually oil companies.

The more the US sanction Iran now like it did to Iraq the more we pay at the pump and the more oil companies profits.

Even including Iran itself as their out put is restricted costing more to produce and sale.

If big oil producing countries like Iraq and Iran that have the biggest reserve of oil in their lands are allow to profit and benefit from their oil production and sales we will be paying a lot less for our oil as oil will become plentiful.

But US can not afford to have countries in the category of anti American to become superpowers with their reserves fo oil and chose to whom benefit with sales as China.

If the America oil were in the hands of the people and not in the hands of profiteers oil mafia or in contracts to foreign nations like Alaska and the Gulf are we will be paying a lot less for oil.

So once again is not about war to make oil available but rather to make oil less available.

plain and simple.

Resource Wars: Geopolitics in a World of Dwindling Energy Supplies

oilprice.com...

edit on 20-1-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Actually, it's to prevent the return of the Caliphate. If any one Islamic country were to unify the Muslim world into a single bloc, it would rival the United States, Russia and China. None of these superpowers will allow that to happen, which is why they each take turns building up and tearing down potential candidates.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Like Aristotle said, indoctrinate the citizens into a school all thinking the same nationalistic ways, and walla, you have the 5 percent aristocrats, leading the rest of the 95 percent, in any which way they deem necessary

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What chance do we have when most of the people in the world
are completly brainwashed by their governments. Anyone who
thinks the likes of bush and chaney didnt get rich ovrt the iraq
war are seriously delusional when it comes to their government.

Hrre is a good example. How many people belived that the governments
were telling the truth about iraq? When the real truth came out, alot of
these people still tried to justify the war by saying"oh; but saddam was
killing his people, so we had to invade"

You see what i am getting at hrte? And the same thing is happening with
iran, and if we do invade and find no evidence that he wad building a bomb,
again, people will say the same thing they said about iraq.

I am english, and i know my government is just as guilty when it
came to iraq, and i hope they get brought to justice.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the iraq war was about oil

why do people feel the need to stick up for these crininals?
Is it because they some how feel that it would be Betrayal?

And now people are falling for the same thing with iran

new topics

top topics

join