It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE HELP! My GF's X is tracking her car!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
firstly i think either you or your gf is an attention seeker and this isnt true.
however if it is true i think your gf or you could easily find a device that shouldnt be there, if you not familiar with cars, a local mechanic would help you out.
sounds like youve done nothing except make a thread on the internet, hence BS.

owned

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hey,that is a tricky situation.
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Do you confront this guy personally and risk someone getting killed?
No
Do you wait for the police to do something,cause they wont until something serious happens.

All I can say is get her to a safe place where he can't find her and maybe things will cool down.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Those owuld all get her arrested and she has a daughter to look after. HE wont harm his daughter just her I'm afraid once he realises he'll never have her back thats when he'll loose it. Being too far away to protect her all the time makes me feel so powerless, it;s so awful. She;s so used to it that she blanks it out somehow, but she flinches at the wind on her letterbox even. The police n courts are so useless, I'm so worried he might snap. Skunk has made him an emotional wreck half the time and a violent women beater the other half. I want to sort it myself, but he;ll only go for her when I;m not around

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was going to suggest EMP too but 1 you'd probably get the cops off their ass to arrest you if you did and 2 the car wouldn't work (static breaks microchips.)

ed: assuming the car is not from the 80's and does infact have some form of computer, not just battery, lights, radio. the radio would most likely be screwed in that list. and in all seriousness if you know how to make a homemade EMP you probably wouldn't be asking how to stop a tracker.
edit on 19/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Shes had the marks to prove it, believe me she is a sweet girl and I have to make her call the police because she has become so used to the threats and abuse. She seems to think because they dont live together that the violent threats are empty ones but he approaches her in her car while shes out, even if she has a friend in the car.

The reason police are being slow at first was because she gave up reporting it all, but since I've been with her I make her report everything and also report it myself. It's taken 6 weeks to get someone to start getting her help to get him away. Trust me he is a total emotional mess and extremely unstable. He's a coward as he approaches her where as I only get phone calls. IMO he gets of on scaring her, it's like a form of control for him to still influence her life now he;s mostly out of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

No I know her from where I live. Shes a decent person studying to be a midwife, she studies, works and looks after her daughter. Shes not a single mum who sits about all day like you seem to have assumed

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

What are you on about? I have reported every threat made to me and her to the police in her area and mine when I'm not with her. She has a women from a domestic abuse charity helping her get a case ready to relocate her ti a new house and to get him t stay away from her.

This is an ongoing issue with the police and her family are all involved. This guy is your typical scummy dealer who started selling a bit and so now thinks he;s some kind of gangster, even though he lives with his mum.

People on here are making assumption I just want help. My gf is a hardworking single mum also studying ti be a midwife which is no easy feat. She is constantly working, studying and looking after her daughter. She is a good person who foolishly got involved with this guy when she was young and since turning into the scum he is has started threatening her. People please do not make assumptions just based on what some people make up and say. I;ve posted this because I am genuinely worried and feel like I am using up every option. I'm worried that untik the court case she wont be safe.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I had a similar experience myself, but it was family that wasn't being left alone by ex's.

I told them i'd stab them in the neck if I ever saw them again. cops like we have established are so terrible at 'domestic'.

I meant it, I hope I never have to, and I hope you resolve your issues. peace.

ps. if your properly stuck and you are absolutely positive the car is being tracked but you can't find the device, try using a radio frequency reciever (a radio in other words, I have an old walkman that has a busted earth and can pick up static noise, test by holding near any tv or 60hz ac power source.)

ed: while I never resort to violence it seams the most logical option is to scare this guy half to death, do not take this out of context >_>
edit on 19/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

So someone who knows nothing about the situation apart form a few snippets makes a complete generalisation about a situation they know nothing about?

Not exactly owned. Can people just tell me the easiest ways to find out how this is being done? Thanks for the serious responses, she does have an iphone, but he has not had access to it though and last time like I said he did this by tracking a moble phone in the boot. This isn;t very uncommon too, my mates dad has fitted one in his car 'just in case'.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks thats what we are trying to do, she has to work and go to college though so she can't just up and move away as much as want her to stay with me. She takes it well as she has been used to it for a while now, but you read about awful things happening and the thought that this could be one of the few ones that gets out of control and me not being nearby makes me feel really helpless and the police are apologetic about what hey can do and only interview him and let him go or don;t bother at all despite his criminal history.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

So someone who knows nothing about the situation apart form a few snippets makes a complete generalisation about a situation they know nothing about?

Not exactly owned. Can people just tell me the easiest ways to find out how this is being done? Thanks for the serious responses, she does have an iphone, but he has not had access to it though and last time like I said he did this by tracking a moble phone in the boot. This isn;t very uncommon too, my mates dad has fitted one in his car 'just in case'.

i wasn't talking about the situation when i said Owned, a random girl debunked your claim in a way that specifically owned your "GF" , thus "OWNED"

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

LOL to your last line!

Anyhow, so about 12-14 years ago when we we young adults this girl that was a friend, was with her boyfriend drove around a very dangerous 90 degree corner in the valley and his tire fell of the front of his truck, one of my best friend was a suspect for the possibility of tampering with the lug nuts. (he was innocent afterwards)

when the truck flipped this girl was trapped in the crushed truck and watched her boyfriend pass away in front of her, mind you this happened at night down a non frequent road. She was trapped for many hours before anyone came to the accident......... Okay, this is the start to her messed up mind..

Next year she finally getting over that, she begin to date. She went to a small town out of Anchorage house-sitting for a friend, this dude prior to the new boyfriend was harassing her, following her everywhere. One night as her current boyfriend and her were sleeping this crazy ex broke in and was standing at the end of the bed they were sleeping. He had a big ax, like one of the 48" long with a 6" steel head, and split it into the back of her boyfriends head, she woke up to him bouncing the bed trying to use his foot, to wedge it loose from his head, as she ran out of the room he slammed the ax into her arm leaving it barely hanging on.

She screamed to him(the Ex) how sorry she was, and how much she loved him and was happy he murdered him, after gaining the trust of this Ex, she bolted out and was screaming and banging down a door the house down the street, That girl is so messed up because of this..

Still, she is not going to ever be the same, and issues like this are not to be taken lightly.

This was in Eagle River, AK

Tell your Ex to train and buy a gun, at least a 9mm, pepper spray does not cut it when one has a DETERMINED AGENDA!!

Take this story in account, I wouldn't have wrote it if I didn't care bout your girl dude and your life!

Much love

CALL THE COPS..

AGAIN, CALL THE COPS

ONCE MORE, CALL THE COPS

MORE ADVICE? CALL THE COPS

edit on 19-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: ADDED LAST FEW LINES FOR MORAL SUPPORT

edit on 19-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It is VERY easy to install tracking software to just about any phone now days. A friend of mine has a tracker on his wife's phone because of a psychotic\suicidal breakdown of hers a year earlier. It's not detectable on her phone, works when her phone is off, and is accurate up to a few meters. Any received 'coordinates' can be plotted to Google earth or the closest known address to any GPS.

My advice to her, get a NEW PHONE and NEW NUMBER like right now. If there is a 'bug' in/on her car, bug detectors are fairly inexpensive and extremely easy to use.

Police in this case are going to be absolutely no help at all, they are not paid to nor are they under any obligation to help anyone.

If I was in this situation, I would find his place of residence, don a ski mask and beat some fear into that despicable human being... just my opinion...

He picks on her because it's easy for him and gives him a type of control, he knows the outcome of the game and until he loses he isn't going to stop...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If the cops do not do anything, what tends to happen if ignored...

It become a void to fill in the news and the local police department asks for more budgets to make a difference.. which we see how that plays out. the problem is more good outcomes happen when the right choice is made by taking it into your own hands, unfortunately, the state and public frown upon this and serious consequences happen to the person helping without the right of the law..

I have seen and heard of many cases of DWI offenders getting off because they follow or get in their vehicle to save a women in distress or help out someone in dire need of help when the law enforcement can't get there in time. If need be, take actions into your own account. God is the one who judges in the long one, including your conscience, not cops and law enforcement, IMO

Again this is just my advise and perspective on this topic

Good Luck friends
edit on 19-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added lines

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There are stores in my city called "SPY SHOPS" and they sell everything you cant imagine. Considering you arent sure how and in what way she's being "tracked"...I'd get a jammer scanner. They dont cost much I think.

There is also a program called "MXXXXX SPY" (complete name omitted for safety sake...but it can be searched and located) which lets you read private texts, emails, phone messages etc without passwords. It cost $49.95 per year and you can get into anyone messages etc that way.

It not right but it is out there. I was informed of this one recently from an "exotic" dancer who said such "dancers" use it to check out texts from guys who visit their "shows" to read them and see where they really live, if they are really not married, and how much $$$ they really have.

I forwarded this to a nurse friend who was having problems. I suspect in your GF's case...this may be the way she's being "tracked". By her emails, and texts...and not necessarily by her cars movements.

Good luck...oh. And call the POLICE!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Does he come and get it every night to charge it?

Did he hardwire in an I-phone?

He's not tracking anything...

Exactly.

Sounds more like he's simply stalking her, knows her habits and routes, etc.

So.....

1) She needs to move. She really doesn't need this guy knowing where she and her daughter lives. However, depending on his custody rights, this may be problematic.

2) The police are likely no help because they need some serious probable cause to keep him away from his daughter (and thus, the mom) (again, given whatever custody/visitation rights he has).

3) She really needs to tell this guy to get lost, and make it very clear she isn't interested. That's really up to her. However, if you are her boyfriend, and you don't live close, then of course he's going to keep coming around. At some point, if you really fear for her safety, you'll need to be ever present until he gets the hint.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have an ex boyfriend who is just like that. He is a crazy nut case I can not get rid of him even getting him locked up for coming to my house hasn't did anything. He calls all my friend's when i do not answer my phone. one time I got home at 6 in the morning and he was inside my car sleeping in it. He calls my parents crying and "telling" on me LMAO I am 27 years old and he calls my parents. He left voice mails saying he will kill me and my friend Adam I have no idea how to help you with a crazy ex boyfriend because,I can not even help myself with mine. He has spit on me many times,hit me he is the craziest person I have ever been with. No matter what I do he will not leave I lied and told him I cheat on him every week and have sex with everyone and that still doesn't work. to me he is my ex but, he thinks in his crazy head that I am still his girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]She needs to move and change her phone number.

Second.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

This is the UK buying a gun unfortunately is not an option

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Yea this is why I'm so worried, I've heard stories that start out like this ending horribly, any weapon she could get legally here would just endanger her more as he would most likely use it on her. She comes down near me often to see friends but lives like an hour or so away and I don't have a car anymore. Getting a train there takes so long that I pretty much can do nothing to help if something happened, this is why I feel so helpless. Just trying ti get her to stay around family as much as possible.

I call the police as well as her, because nothing gets done apart from the occasional police visit where he is never arrested despite these terrible threats we log everything and do our best; At first I really thought I don't wana get involved, but things have moved on more. I wouldn't feel right leaving her anyway to deal with this with one less person supporting her.

It really is just so hard to get things done here. He isn't even fit to see his daughter, but her mum still has to take her daughter to see the scumbag who wants to keep her terrified. As the accused he has more righs than his vicrtim

<< 1    3 >>

join