It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muwahahahahahahahahaha, False dichotomies are deliciously evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Could you imagine how the idea of personal taste translates into consuming ideas for a second? Thanks, we'll find you're going to disagree with your neighbor about which taste you like the most.

Anyways, it's only because false dichotomies exist in religious discussions and in scientific peer review that false dichotomies are an inevitable part of both, a reliable standard for not only judging the two, but pedaling them to others.

While of course it seems a vague argument to say that not only did God put these false dichotomies there to prove he exists, he also tossed atheists a few false dichotomies to back up their argument he doesn't.

The false dichotomy only one side gets to be true, the greater value of what I think our creator is.

If they're deliciously evil, can we eat them without feeling guilty?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Dont put that in your mouth you dont know where it has been.No really, what are you trying to say. Could you be more clear.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

google false dichotomy. he's speaking generally of them and how in creation is both duality of polar opposites and also many shades within the opposites if im not mistaken.

And to the OP statement: I have considered the dualistic and non dualistic aspects that I have run into and in every situation I find that I can suitably retrace the duality within all the varying shades. Sometimes it is a force or reaction to create balance sometimes it is something else entirely. But everything is always infinitely back-fed. Ours is always a sort of something of nothings nature.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

No need to feel guilty for they are packed full of vitamins and proteins. They are fuel of the awakened conscious.
But the ones you call “false” the next man calls sound. The ones you call evil the next man calls just. And so, they fall on the paddles of the mill's water wheel and the grind stones of existence continue to pulverize the grain of perception.
To recognize them at all is a gift in and of it's self.
An inverse proportion? I don't believe in a creator. But I like the idea none the less.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

I do have some evidence that the false dichotomies science finds are the messages religions seek. May I hand you some links to my arguments about them?

www.reddit.com...

and this before it

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

I will be reading these anon.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hmmm....pink, eh? How empirically evident. I recant my agnosticism.
Talk about calories. The creator gave me fries with that!

top topics

join