It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP heavyweights abandoned 2012, why? What do the smartest republicans know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Building off some thoughts I had when writing and defending my front page post, "Breaking News: Newt Gingrich's campaign is about to implode, something struck me as seriously wrong this year - The GOP quit.

Before you get fed up with this assertion, just think about it: Why did the republicans abandon the 2012 election? You say they didn't... oh yes they sure as hell did. Where's Christie? Where's Huckabee? Where's Brownback? Where's Keyes? Where the hell are your heavyweights? They didn't come to the fight, and also they're quiet - too quiet.

You got Romney who is *only* leading because he's not actually crazy in the conventional sense. Gingrich is sickening, his own party hates him, and people have long memories in politics, it's their form of clout. Paul is interesting but it just ain't going to happen. Santorum, we'll see you in 4 years. Huntsman we'll see you in 4 years.

Seriously, I want to know why the GOP abandoned this election? From womanizing, book publicity Cain, to programmable Perry (who hurt himself in Texas), to pray-the-gay-away Bachmann; this year has been a disgusting mess. You wouldn't want these people as neighbors, let alone near the nukes.

So again, why did the GOP heavyweights bow out of the 2012 race and leave this rotten crop to continue the fight?

Art credit: Mike Luckovich: blogs.ajc.com...
edit on 19-1-2012 by Jason88 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
They have no solutions to our country's problems; thus, they are surrendering the 2012 election. If they won the election, then they would no longer have anyone to point fingers at except themselves. It's clear that they would rather play the blame game....that's what happens when substance is lacking.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

The truth has set them free?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I have wondered the same. My thought is, they realize that the economy has at least four years before it really begins any real recovery. It may even get worse again before it gets better. They don't want anything to do with that so they can just balme it on the current administration. They willingly sacrifice 8 years for a possible 12-16 or more. It is the worst economy since the great depression. Giving them enough distance from the bush admin. And in a position of finger pointing the dems. I personally hold all of them responsible.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Why???
It is quite obvious to me.
They are shoring up their levees in anticipation of hurricane Paul.
Yep, for the first time Dr. Paul stands a real chance at winning, so they are getting all that they can behind one candidate.
Hurricane Paul, I like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I have asked myself this question so many times! It's like they want Obama to win. They're just playing the game, doing their part, for show. They could have had this election!

And I think Mr. Muttley2012 hit the nail squarely. They're going to let Obama continue on his current course and when the economy is going well and jobs are on the rise, they'll swoop in to claim the credit!

The smartest Republicans will be going up against a 'newbie' in 2016.

Great thread!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Jason88

I have asked myself this question so many times! It's like they want Obama to win. They're just playing the game, doing their part, for show. They could have had this election!

And I think Mr. Muttley2012 hit the nail squarely. They're going to let Obama continue on his current course and when the economy is going well and jobs are on the rise, they'll swoop in to claim the credit!

The smartest Republicans will be going up against a 'newbie' in 2016.

Great thread!

I have a personal belief that tensions will escalate to a catastrophic level far before 2016. If Dr. Paul is not elected, and someone simply furthers the political agendas of past administrations (like Bush & Obama have), then we may see a nuke scar Earths surface once again...So should we wait to get it right next time? or get it right now..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The ONLY reason that the MSM says Romney is the top contender, is because they were saying that long before the race even got started. For anyone that does not understand what Ron Paul is about, I suggest you research and not rely on the media for your education.

The only candidate that is going to beat Obama is the one who has a master understanding of the US Constitution, Obama is a Constitutional expert, yet he is perverting and changing it into toilet paper. Whereas Ron Paul holds the very foundation of the Constitution sacred.

Ask yourself, honestly, why the MSM does not even mention Ron Paul and if they do, it is in a negative way? Because, he is their biggest threat. Once Ron Paul is in the White House, MSM as they have operated with the White House will cease to exist.

RESEARCH!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I would like to have Ron Paul as a neighbor but good point about the rest of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Muttley2012

I have to agree with your point. There is no easy fix and the top republican dogs know that are steering clear until things get fixed thru 2012-2016. Also, my pet theory is they know they can't beat Obama so they're waiting it out while fielding the b-team against him.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

I have to agree with your point. There is no easy fix and the top republican dogs know that are steering clear until things get fixed thru 2012-2016. Also, my pet theory is they know they can't beat Obama so they're waiting it out while fielding the b-team against him.

From an Conservative perspective, that plays out well. However; what the conservatives do not count on is the fact that a 2nd term Obama will fulfill his 1st term promises! AND, given the current political climate, Obama will have a filibuster proof congress in 2013!

Waha, waha, waha....To the conservatives...step to the back and witness the power that is PEOPLE!!!!

OBAMA 2012!!!!!!!!!

See y'all fools in 2017!

Nite-night!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Still waiting on Obama's promises?

OT: I don't see how any of those people constitute as Heavyweights.

Christie is running for senator, and this is the first I've heard who Keyes and Brownback are. Huckabee is working for Fox news, and the last time he ran he was hardly relevant. With the way the GOP is fractured, with the Tea Party and Libertarian Party playing huge roles in this years election they couldn't go for an old school republican.

Perry had backing form the Tea Party but if he wasn't sloshed on the stage half the time he might have gained some ground. Santorm and Bachman are crazy and extreme and please the more hardcore conservatives. Rommey and Huntsman played as the moderates. Paul and Gingrich are the career politicians and Paul as the (most)blue-pubs and the Libertarian party backing him. Gingrich is corrupted as hell and has skeletons falling out of his closet but is able to talk his way out of it.

This is anything but B-team race. However who are the Democrats kidding us with Obama? What with the Rescission, and extra wars? Failing on every promise? Even something that was fully in his control such as bring the troops home? If any thing their bring us their b-team.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012
They have no solutions to our country's problems; thus, they are surrendering the 2012 election. If they won the election, then they would no longer have anyone to point fingers at except themselves. It's clear that they would rather play the blame game....that's what happens when substance is lacking.

^quoted for truth.

The GOP realizes that this election is like the GWB vs Kerry election that Dems had... no dog in the fight to win. The GOP will put someone up, knowing he can't win, and then continue the "it is their fault" game while doing nothing but ensuring them and theirs flourish at the expense of the many.

Derek

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I would argue that the best potential candidates are far too smart to run. A presidential run creates the problem of intense investigation from rivals of their past and current business dealings, investments and other potential bombshells. Far more than what is done during a state wide election. They likely want their skeletons left in the closet.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

I honestly think that you hit the bulls-eye there.

Republicans offer NO real solutions and just parrot crappy conservative ideas
over and over that fail in bad economies.

If one of them clowns (minus Paul) got in, the country would begin to move backwards again with the wealthy getting wealthier at the expense of the American middle-class who always suffer with their conservative plan of giving to the wealthy and taking from the middle-class ideas. Their interest is SOLELY for the wealthy, not the American People. Their actions show this time and time again.

Screw them all, with the exception of Ron Paul.
edit on 20-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's a sad day in America when the majority can't \recognize that Ron Paul is the only guy offering real solutions and the proven track record of honesty and integrity to carry them out. And the only guy who is not a shill with some hidden agenda and really cares about America. Romney has been tapped by the king makers apparently.

top topics

join