It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks whitehouse.gov after taking down Department of Justice and others

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Yep, Anonymous is a join NSA, CIA operation. Clear as day. No way any hacker in the USA would do this. They know that is serious jail time.

If they catch the hacker then good, if they cant catch him they are incompetent OR...this was staged.

You can't HONESTLY believe this, can you?
Please tell me this is sarcasm....even though it obviously isn't.

You'd figure that someone who has been on here for over 4 years would know better than that.

Anon is nothing of the like, and if you believe that, then you know nothing about the internet you're currently using.

sooo...you mean to tell me that YOU'VE been on this site for 4+ years, and you honestly believe that anonymous is an "elite citizen amateur group"

seriously?! is that what YOU believe

on a conspiracy website id rather believe that anonymous is actually owned by some branch of the government and that these "attacks" show how piracy affects the internet and how something must be done to stop it.

FALSE FLAG

nuff said... always remember ...the world goverments are controlled by an elite group of humans or entities whatever you want to call it.....everything that happens in the world is because they ALLOW it, for their gain

No, I've been on the site over 6 years, on the internet even longer, and was on /b/ when the collective consciousness known as Anonymous took life.
Anonymous is just an extension of being anonymous on a futaba board, or in this case, 4chan.
At first, it was just jokingly said that We Are Anonymous, while doxxing people or sending 300 pizzas to their house.
Those that spent the majority of their life on said boards took being Anonymous, the anonymity that posting on the boards allowed them, to heart.

The group now known as Anonymous is just the guys that took raiding, kiddie scripting, & DDOSing too seriously, and decided to become some kind of internet superheroes in their own eyes.
Most of them are just LOICing like chickens with their heads cut off.

Sure, one lone person that worked for a government agency could try & DDOS stuff by themselves and claim it was Anon that did it, but the actual Anonymous groups that aren't government cells (you know, pretty much all of them) will say whether they themselves did it or not.

TL;DR
You don't know what you're talking about, at all.
Not everything is a conspiracy.
You're supposed to deny ignorance, not deny reality & construe everything as a conspiracy.

Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Originally posted by hapablab
This is a false flag if I ever seen one, SOPA and PIPA fail so lets create a cyberwar to prove how important they are.

Far from it, this is very real. No good turning everything into a conspiracy.

What are we going to do? Allow them to walk over "our internet", remove sites at will and we can all sit down and not make a peep?

The only way to teach these morons in the US government/corporations is to teach them a lesson. Anonymous are doing the right thing as always "Close my site, i'll close yours".

We don't need the US trying to police every single object and atom on this planet. This is a taster and a warning to the US on what will continually happen in the future if more sites are taken down due to SOPA/PIPA.

Censorship. Worse than china.

Good on the hackers imo for taking on the Big bad governments of the USA.
This is no false flag but is very real, they are trying to take away our last bit of freedom of speech the Internet. and i bet you them hackers will fight them with everything they got, and rightfully so too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

I think you just pretty much nailed what I can't put into words, the only reason my gut is telling me false flag cia is because its far to directed for something that spawned from the most random place on the internet literally. someone already mentioned this has occured within 20 hours of the mega site going down.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When they start shutting down sites that don't have infringed copyrighted material on em, then I'll be concerned. As far as I can tell, if they are shutting down torrent sites/filesharing sites that have copyrighted materials, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, protecting the right of content creators. Say what you want about record companies/movie companies taking advantage of their artists, stealing protected works is still wrong and it still hurts the creator.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

I think you just pretty much nailed what I can't put into words, the only reason my gut is telling me false flag cia is because its far to directed for something that spawned from the most random place on the internet literally. someone already mentioned this has occured within 20 hours of the mega site going down.

It's not like being directed is hard.

Almost all Anonymous groups are coordinating through the raw guts of the internet that we used even twenty years ago;
IRC.

Especially if you're idling in a protected channel that only those that are registered and know the password to, you could mobilize as soon as you wanted to.

Like I said, most of these are just guys LOICing with all their bandwidth might, or script kiddies with a small botnet that think they're big time.

Being directed in one concerted action has become easier than any other time in human history, all because of the very internet the US government is threatening with their far reaching and abusive actions.

Hell, I personally know people that started doing this type of stuff as soon as they found out MU had been shut down.

Me?
I'm a mediafire fan, so I couldn't care less.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
actually it harms the network heads and the creators usually get the short end of the stick anyway, ask south parks creators what they think, then ask viacom. ed: @ giga.

something tells me no one is getting the extent of what could happen if this passes, were not worried about data only communication. well would you look at that, facebook seams to have something copywrited on it *click* gone. google *click* gone, yahoo? *click* gone.

myspace?! GONE. irc? =) probably not an issue. unless you post a link to something you shouldn't and its gone. like that south park episode where the money disappears.

what im trying to point out is if this passes, then it looks like they got internet 2.0 after all, and if this is the first time you've heard of -that-, then you have some catching up to do.
edit on 19/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Personally, I would NOT entrust my "important" files/documents/photos etc on a website that was known to deal in copyrighted materials. If you take that risk, then you assume the consequences.

It's simple, don't store your car at a chop shop.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't think anonymous attacked anyone..

anonymousmedia.org...

not a word on this site...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If someone didn't get killed then it didn't happen

Anon should be workin on the Fed and gettin that 15 trillion back

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
this is getting weirder. I looked up LOIC because I am not a hacker, and lo and behold >_>

Anonymous also used LOIC to attack supporters of the Stop Online Piracy Act, including the websites of the United States Department of Justice, the Recording Industry Association of America,and the Motion Picture Association of America on January 19th, 2012 after the FBI took down the famous file sharing site MegaUpload and arrested its adminstrators on charges of Copyright Infringement. Anonymous claimed this to be their largest attack with over 5,635 people participating in the DDoS attack via LOIC.[9]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

so, its already on wikipedia. I also found this, apparently anon's twitter feed for this op twitter.com...#!/search?q=%23OpMegaupload

make of the above what you will, I think i've said enough on the matter for now. according to that feed, mega is online O_o

ed: I can't link twitter properly apparently, if anyone knows the fix for that please post a link that needs no adress bar messing about with-ness.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

rofl I was thinking that same thing!!!! Its sad cause there going to retaliate in some means thats going to b blown out of proportion....so sad so sad

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
this is getting weirder. I looked up LOIC because I am not a hacker, and lo and behold >_>

Anonymous also used LOIC to attack supporters of the Stop Online Piracy Act, including the websites of the United States Department of Justice, the Recording Industry Association of America,and the Motion Picture Association of America on January 19th, 2012 after the FBI took down the famous file sharing site MegaUpload and arrested its adminstrators on charges of Copyright Infringement. Anonymous claimed this to be their largest attack with over 5,635 people participating in the DDoS attack via LOIC.[9]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

so, its already on wikipedia. I also found this, apparently anon's twitter feed for this op twitter.com...#!/search?q=%23OpMegaupload

make of the above what you will, I think i've said enough on the matter for now. according to that feed, mega is online O_o

I'm not sure what you're implying?

Wikis can be edited at any time as long as they aren't locked. The revision you're talking about was very recent, by a user that has edited pages in the past. All you have to do is look at the history.

On another note, I didn't know that over 5k had participated in the DDOSing. I never knew LOIC had become so widespread, but I guess it can't be helped.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is one target out there that anon could attack that would prove to me and all of you that they are on our side.

TAKE OUT THE TV STATIONS.

Without tv the sheeple will run about like headles chickens for a few days then they'll start to think again.

The only reason we are in this mess is because tv controls EVERYONE.

TV is the source of $trillions.

I dont believe anon cant see this therefore I cant help but think they are cia.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just checking hashtags for #anonymous and #megaupload on twitter, appears people are right about the fbi website being knocked offline too:

www.fbi.gov...
Seems it really has begun... internet revolution?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
There is one target out there that anon could attack that would prove to me and all of you that they are on our side.

Without tv the sheeple will run about like headles chickens for a few days then they'll start to think again.

Where do people come up with this kind of crap?

Do you even know how hard it is to take out TV stations compared to internet sites? On the internet, it's conceivable that as long as you flood a site with enough traffic, it will go down. It's only a temporary solution, but it works. Depending on how long, it could cost them money.

To bring down a TV station, you'd either have to legit hack directly into either their feed or network (both of which take a high level of skill), or take down their hardware.
The latter is obviously a great way to get serious jail time, so you're probably assuming they would do the former.

It's just an estimate, but I'd guess that less than .2% of those that identify themselves as Anonymous have the level of skill needed to do so.
(Then again, you never know which dummy that works at a station will open an email with a backdoor worm attachment that spreads through the network, but that's besides the point.)

In other words, your idea of somehow shutting down multiple TV stations is so unbelievable and unrealistic that I have to assume your views on Anon are the same.

I don't believe that you can't see this, therefore I can't help but think that you yourself are CIA
(See how stupid that sounds??)
edit on 19-1-2012 by Destiny Of Souls because: hurrdurr

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Where do people come up with this kind of crap?

Do you even know how hard it is to take out TV stations compared to internet sites? On the internet, it's conceivable that as long as you flood a site with enough traffic, it will go down. It's only a temporary solution, but it works. Depending on how long, it could cost them money.

To bring down a TV station, you'd either have to legit hack directly into either their feed or network (both of which take a high level of skill), or take down their hardware.
The latter is obviously a great way to get serious jail time, so you're probably assuming they would do the former.

It's just an estimate, but I'd guess that less than .2% of those that identify themselves as Anonymous have the level of skill needed to do so.
(Then again, you never know which dummy that works at a station will open an email with a backdoor worm attachment that spreads through the network, but that's besides the point.)

In other words, your idea of somehow shutting down multiple TV stations is so unbelievable and unrealistic that I have to assume your views on Anon are the same.

I want them to do that for the sheer epicness of it lol

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Predator

They can try and control the internet with their legislation but the internet is too smart, there will be ways around the rules. The US people just have to stop being pushovers and tell the government where to go and how to get there.

They sure have succeeded with online gambling. No microgames or any of the games europe enjoys. If you know something please share.
edit on 19-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Just because something is blocked now doesn't mean it will be blocked for long. It's like the iPhone and iPad, yes, they can hold us back for a while but we always end up conquering them. Patience is a virtue.

Although I do really feel bad for people and on line gambling, because some people have no control and lose everything because of a website. Should the government be blocking them? No. But people should stand up and take their rights back. Why let your government start with this? When will it end? Will Europe stand up to a similar bill as SOPA? I hope so.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
FBI.COM IS TANGO DOWN.

twitter.com...#!/YourAnonNews

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

If your idea of revolution is whiny kids being mad they can't steal something that doesn't belong to them, then yes the "revolution" has started. More like a temper tantrum rage fest.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join