It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks whitehouse.gov after taking down Department of Justice and others

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

it takes an artist, artist do it because they are driven, not because of "rewards" that how I , personally define "art"

So the question becomes: why are artists "driven" to license or sell their work to corporations to distribute in certain profitable digital channels? Isn't this an indication of the artist's intention for his work?

Certainly they are well aware of the romantic notion of the "starving artist." So why would they do this?

But maybe they are not aware. So shouldn't we forget about going after the corporations and concentrate on the actual artists to convince them the way things should be done? This approach would be more effective as without the artists the corporations would disappear and the artist would then be doing things "properly".

Should we not tell them they should be "starving" and that they should only expect a pat on the back in return for their work?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Actually it's been proven that Israel was behind the Stuxnet attacks

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Who cares if they kill the internet! There's nothing on it, but a bunch of mis-information, propaganda, and people taking photos of themselves. When it comes to real communication, it gets blocked anyway....like on ATS. This site talks about "DENYing IGNORANCE"...but still has it's "rules and regulations", on what you can and cannot say. God forbid you talk about a natural substance that has many uses. Please! If you're gonna be a FREE internet, CENSORSHIP, as a whole, must go!!! Otherwise, you're just LIKE THEM!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

I looked at the twitter feeds, apparently it appears to have been a real attack, although they sprang into action rather quickly, it still gives the Feds the upper hand in all of this and gives more reasons for internet restriction.
edit on 1/20/2012 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I agree with you, we still have infowars.com though, and even if Google removes infowars from its News Search Engine list of results (yes they do this, infowars is one of the most visited news sites in the world) it is still incredibly popular despite the blatant de-listing from Google and Yahoo. WE ARE WINNING THE INFO WAR. KEEP FIGHTING AND GET RON PAUL INTO OFFICE AND WE CAN GO BACK TO UNRESTRICTED FREEDOM FOR ALL AMERICANS, AND EVENTUALLY THE REST OF THE WORLD! The only freedoms we will have to restrict is that of corporations with respect to their influence on and affiliations with government, because when the two intertwine like they have today, unmitigated corruption and tyranny run rampant.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Those of you who can't access Megaupload, there's an IP address you can get to...

MEGAUPLOAD IS BACK, NEW MEGAUPLOAD SITE - The leading online storage and file delivery service -

[I.P. Removed]

Have fun, boys

edit on 20-1-2012 by GakunGak because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: I.P. Removed

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GakunGak
Those of you who can't access Megaupload, there's an IP address you can get to...

MEGAUPLOAD IS BACK, NEW MEGAUPLOAD SITE - The leading online storage and file delivery service -

[I.P. Removed]

Have fun, boys

if thats the megaupload.bz site i really wouldnt click that if i were you as its part of the attack plan from anon to get ppl unwittingley DDOS various targets while that webpage is open

edit on 1/20/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I agree with you, somewhat... I would miss the internet, if it were gone. This is the only way we can meet people from all around the world, without actually having to go there. But you're right about the censorship. That's not free speech.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
This is a false flag if I ever seen one, SOPA and PIPA fail so lets create a cyberwar to prove how important they are.

Doubt it. Anon is childish enough to do somthing like this, they have proven it time and time again. Rather than use the democratic tools provided them, they dangerously provoke people in power even more, giving them more ammunition.

Do these idiots not realize an attack on the White House, even if its website is treason, punishable by death? Might serve a few of these tools right to get the chair.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I just checked out a couple of the websites, and they appear to be functional. Either it's a bunch of bullcrap, or the damage was so minimal they repaired it in a matter of minutes, which means it isn't worth crying about.

Problem?.jpg

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Do these idiots not realize an attack on the White House, even if its website is treason, punishable by death? Might serve a few of these tools right to get the chair.

Wow ... electric chair for attacking a website ? where do you live ? in Somalia ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

[I.P. Removed]

Have fun, boys

does the blatant Typo on that website screen tell you something?
look closer where it says "BEWARE TO THE PISHING SITES"

megaupload may be a lot of things but illiterate is not 1 of them

plz stop dropping the ip numbers and weblinks for that place cos its a SET UP intended to draw innocent people in to DDOS sites

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Wow ... electric chair for attacking a website ? where do you live ? in Somalia ?

I remember reading a thread about resisting an arrest, or even killing an officer, on constitutional grounds. So what if people were to attack the White House based on unconstitutional actions, as a form of protest? Would that loophole be applicable?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

If Goverment want to lock down they will find the loophole in law ..dont worry ...people are stupid who allow that laws and loopholes to pass quietly

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Good for Anonymous and whatever statement that they are attempting to make with the DDoS attacks on government servers. Now, just wait until the government loads their weapons with the ammo Anonymous has given to them. Big brother is on a rampage now!

If the internet were to cease to exist today I personally would not miss much because 97% of it is bullcrap anyway.

Convenient access to banking and email is all that I would WANT. Now pertaining to NEEDS? I don't NEED the internet for anything. I have watched this system grow from ARPANET back in the 70's to the commercial rebuke that it is today. All of my work is IP(Intellectual Property) based and email would do just fine for getting my product to my end-user clients.

I miss the days when ARPANET first went up and the only access one could get was to the universities and laboratories. It was live, direct and did I mention COMMERCIAL FREE!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Some people are suspicious because of the speed of the anonymous attack, keep in mind that some smaller websites already crash with just 200 request a second. Or even a hundred. If for example 150 PC's opened up 40 / 70 (whatever works) browser tabs each, all using the same URL, and then put all these tabs on auto reload every few seconds, we would be doing the same thing as anonymous, creating several thousands of requests a second. Perhaps not even breaking a law.

Or am I wrong?
Waiting for someone with more knowledge than me to answer this.

Edit
Hmm.., many would come from the same IP nrs. Perhaps preventing registering these as separate requests ?

edit on 20/1/12 by Barbaricfellow because: Error corrected

edit on 20/1/12 by Barbaricfellow because: On second thought...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Just thinking of implications.

Whats next? Attack the White House, Pentagon, and perhaps a missile silo or two? Yeah, dangerous and irresponsible doesnt begin to describe these attacks. While i understand and agree with what they are trying to do to an extent, their tactics are horribly flawed.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barbaricfellow
Some people are suspicious because of the speed of the anonymous attack, keep in mind that some smaller websites already crash with just 200 request a second. Or even a hundred. If for example 150 PC's opened up 40 / 70 (whatever works) browser tabs each, all using the same URL, and then put all these tabs on auto reload every few seconds, we would be doing the same thing as anonymous, creating several thousands of requests a second. Perhaps not even breaking a law.

Or am I wrong?
Waiting for someone with more knowledge than me to answer this.

edit on 20/1/12 by Barbaricfellow because: Error corrected

thats basically all Anon are doing or were doing last night
drawing people in on the fake link that the user a few posts above dropped
once the page is open it silently sends out massive amounts of data to a specific target and each person doing that basically bottlenecks the server of the target site

now that link is a poor example of such an attack plan as its got blatant typos and after tracing the ip it uses 30bounces to try and hide itself

if somebody like me could trace it im pretty sure the federal establishment will have no problem

i dont agree with preying on innocent people to do your dirty work in cyber wars such as this

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

[I.P. Removed]

Have fun, boys

Actually - I'd be very careful at the moment. I wouldn't trust any site that has an I.P address in the URL, since currently there's a very crafty technique being used - whereby fake mirrors are being used under the banner of claiming to be a new megaupload site, whereby accessing it contributes YOUR computer into a sort of botnet attack, which forces a DDOS attack on the feds websites.

Long story short, those links will make YOU part of the DDOS attack, even if you don't want to.

--

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by 0010110011101

They can hack away until: a) they get caught or b) there is no internet left to hack.
What is to be gained here folks?

I'm in favor of option b.

If we can't have it, they can't either. Scorched Earth. Either leave it free, or burn it down. Deny it's use to the enemy as well.

Yes, every day that goes by increases the perception that they are "the enemy". Who started this war?

Finish it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join