It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Paradox of Starving Children in Africa - Media Propaganda?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

i'm from michigan , seen it already, but in my opinion even though everyone may not have the choice to leave the city, being in a city in my opinion is a death warrant, too crowded and not enough resources to survive if the city goes black. Being in a more rural (not boondock boonies) but slightly rural environment increases odds of surviving when the worst is at your door.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Good then you know what I am talking about.......one wrong turn on a side street and you are dinner.
No if's and's or but's
Toast and well done too.
These people are hurting so bad yet their country can send billions in aid or billions in a war machine anywhere they want.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
reply to post by Iwinder

i'm from michigan , seen it already, but in my opinion even though everyone may not have the choice to leave the city, being in a city in my opinion is a death warrant, too crowded and not enough resources to survive if the city goes black. Being in a more rural (not boondock boonies) but slightly rural environment increases odds of surviving when the worst is at your door.

Unless of course, those starving city folk manage to get to your place.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I believe that the whole charity system in the West is far more corrupt than most people think. If you consider how many sources of income are given to charity - including from individual donations, foundations and organisations - and examine the poverty levels, something does not quite add up. Where is the majority of this money going?

Considering this corruption, I believe the purpose of portraying Africa as a starving continent plays on the emotions of those living in the West and encourages them to donate money. Unfortunately, the majority of this money is not reaching those in need but rather going to TPTB in some form or another. The media is complicit in this scam.
edit on 19/1/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nearly 80% of USAID money flows back to American firms. Employing thousands of people whilst providing a hidden subsidy for many farmers. It has become an industry unto itself.

Monsanto has been very proactive in getting a foothold in Africa.

USAID has been the key.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Man on World Hunger. Sam Kinison. Watch the language though.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why can't these starving children in Africa just build farms and crops, and live the way people did before money existed, when society ran on the bartering system?

I still don't understand how all these starving children are able to survive and reproduce millions of more starving children.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join