It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous takes down Department of Justice, RIAA, Motion Picture Association and Universal Music

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How convenient that sopa and pipa have taken everyones eyes off the buildup of forces by the us and israel towards attacking iran.
megaupload being attacked by anonymous will provide the msm the lickspittle reasons to ignore the iranian ramp up even more.
The first we will know about it it will have started, uk news is full of israeli morons telling us we have to save them.
anonymous should be sitting the hell down and shutting the # up at the moment, not providing reasons to keep the biggest current danger to us all out of the news.
why aren't anonymous attacking the governments computers trying to glean information that could crash the regime in the us and uk, oh yeah thats right, they aren't meant too.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

megaupload being attacked by anonymous will provide the msm the lickspittle reasons to ignore the iranian ramp up even more.

Dude, MU wasn't attacked by anonymous... it was taken down by federal investigators.
Anonymous attacked (sort-of) DoJ and other two websites...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Maybe. Personally I went and checked and DOJ is indeed down. So some people are saying this could be a false flag cyber attack or something, but I'm wondering how that could help SOPA get passed... In other words, would SOPA passing help prevent incidents like this? I don't know but honestly I have not looked in depth at what SOPA really is, besides... "Anti Piracy"...

I think a better question to ask is: If they can do this already, what do they need SOPA/PIPA for?

So its been a full 48hrs of real time and as you can see unless a full week of cyber time is closed no real decision is being taken. Simply sit back and enjoy the fireworks as for SOPA, and its nuking of m.u. , well, that was only a test run, simply a taste of whats around the corner for everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
I saw on the news today that the guys from Megaupload were making over 40 mill a year on that website. This makes me wonder why anonymous would do such a thing in a retaliation to a couple guys making millions of dollars being thieve's. I know the movie companies are the real thieves for how much they make a year, but these guys aren't any better than them.

I dont think anonymous are doing it for Kim Dotcom, its a principle thing about control of information by corrupt political bodies. As a westerner I used to be amused that Iran and China censor the web, telling people what they can and cannot see, and yet here we are, having a democratic and elected government censoring us.

Piracy relating to copyright and intellectual property is rightly illegal, people invest large sums in their work and IP is all they have to protect it, how many people have fake Tag / Rolex from the lucky lucky guy abroad, why isnt america demanding the Turkish government close their Bazzars full of counterfeit goods?.

Doesn't matter anyway, before fast downloads you could buy any movie / CD from the computer fairs, the guy at work, the 'black market'. You take your chance if you want to break the law, there will always be an option.

Seems the stupid US think that chasing a few key sites they can cut the head off the snake, bit like Afghanistan, and now they are realising the Taliban isnt going away, lets talk with them, same here, megaupload will be replaced a hundred times within 2012, thats alot of extradition and legal time, US money sucking corporate lawyers will be making a fortune for very little difference to anything, only one winner here.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

We Anonymous are launching our largest attack ever on government and music industry sites. Lulz. The FBI didn't think they would get away with this did they? They should have expected us.

#OpMegaupload
The following sites were taken down in response to the FBI shutting down megaupload.com
TANGO DOWN

justice.gov
universalmusic.com
riaa.org
mpaa.org
copyright.gov
hadopi.fr
wmg.com
usdoj.gov
bmi.com
fbi.gov
Anti-piracy.be/nl/
ChrisDodd.com
Vivendi.fr
Whitehouse.gov

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not Forgive.
We do not Forget.
Expect Us.

@AnonymousWiki

http:///WEydcBVV

Anon has spoken...

Soul

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Anon hacks a FBI phone call to Britsh E-Crime division...

Soul

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And we all know what they will accomplish with this: NOTHING
Because except for those nerds, not many people give a crap about those websites...or how many times do the users of ATS visit the websites of the RIAA and FBI? I didn't even know the RIAA had a websites
You know, instead of using the time and money to do something good, those losers think by bringing down some websites they actually accomplish something. It's a joke and if anything, moves like this gives those organisations even more reasons to pull for SOPA and the other acts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join