It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Debunks Stereo-B Triangular UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
NASA Scientists have finally debunked claims made here and elsewhere about a triangular pyramid shaped object that was seen a few weeks ago on the Stereo-B, and discussed in this thread:
Huge UFO Pyramid Incoming!

Their conclusion was an internal reflection, so there you go people another false UFO claim.

Some people have noticed a strange triangular or diamond-shape "object" entering the field-of-view of the HI2 telescope on STEREO Behind around December 26, 2011. You can see the feature in question in this movie moving from right-to-left, just above the trapezoidal occulter on the right side of the image, and more clearly in this close-up movie. What is this?

The answer lies on the exact opposite side of the image. At the same time as this strange-looking feature starts being visible, the very bright planet Venus enters the HI2-B field-of-view from the lower left. Notice that Venus and the feature stay in step almost exactly opposite each other across the middle of the detector. This is not a coincidence. The strange looking geometrical "object" is actually an internal reflection of the planet Venus within the telescope optics. This effect has been seen many times before. Here's a particularly striking example of internal reflections caused by the planet Earth as seen early in the STEREO mission, taken from our image artifacts pages.

NASA.GOV Link

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

Just goes to show you that all conspiracy nuts pull their crap out of thin air with no actual backing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well if it was not Venus then it would have to be either swamp gas or ballons wouldnt it

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Well if it was not Venus then it would have to be either swamp gas or ballons wouldnt it

Yea lets refute scientific claims backed by science.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slavich
reply to post by hotbread

Just goes to show you that all conspiracy nuts pull their crap out of thin air with no actual backing.

I would not bank on what you just posted, trust me on this one, there are people who operate within the internet for a cause that to some it seems, evil , non ethical, non transparent and to others, it seems essential, democratic and / or a matter of national security. I guess its all about from which side of the fence one chooses to look from.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"Finally debunked" ..

That is so funny because I was part of the massive thread that eventually got shot due to the op attacking posters who tried to debunk it .. we came to some conclusions that were pretty solid I thought.. that was a couple of weeks ago

Me and a few others helped explain this.. I attributed it to internal light reflection and cited a few NASA sites that showed similar phenomena .. and ultimately I showed an alternate camera viewing the same area at the same time with no UFO present which I personally believed should have closed the case completely .. the internal light reflection along with image processing would absolutely explain this.. that thread went on forever.. the op was warned several times.. added me as a foe, and eventually got his thread shut down.

edit on 1/19/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by miniatus

Bravo you miniatus.As I recall you explained it over 100 times, you should be hired by NASA.Wait... maybe you really are...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It amazes me how trusting people are of government offices and affiliates.
They would never lie to us.......................open your eyes people!!!!!

PLPL

I have not read this thread, I made this comment based on the fact that NASA debunked this, so it must be true. I must have missed the memo that states everyone with .gov at the end of their web address is the know all end all.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Reply to post by miniatus

Bravo you miniatus.As I recall you explained it over 100 times, you should be hired by NASA.Wait... maybe you really are...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

lol .. that would be nice, I wouldn't mind ... I would probably make more than I make as a lowly software developer =)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori

PLPL

I have not read this thread, I made this comment based on the fact that NASA debunked this, so it must be true. I must have missed the memo that states everyone with .gov at the end of their web address is the know all end all.

There was a thread on this very thing a few weeks ago, me and many other smarter people than I, including Phage.. debunked this before NASA spoke out .. trust me.. it's nothing.. it has to do with the equipment and light artifacts and nothing more.. they have other cameras aimed at the same space and that is the biggest nail in the coffin for this UFO thing.. there's nothing on the other camera

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I do think that they use Venus way too often. But there is a good chance that that is what it was this time though.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Dear Bob Down Under,

Please give it a rest.

Nah!! Andre It was high flying swamp gas, you should no that ?

Now its time to sit back and wait as it will not be long before the lens flare, lantern, ball lightening and the old swamp gas pops its head up.

The Military would call this SWAMP GAS
    or should I say a weather balloon?.

Have a good look through these photos as there are plenty of what you are calling trash can lids?
    Better than swamp gas I suppose.

Well thats the norm these days but its a bit more modern than shouting swamp gas! balloon! chinese lantern! venus!

Its the new and fashionable skeptic tool, the old swamp gas and weather balloon has had its days.

Well it makes a change from the old weather ballons and swamp gas routine.

Yep!!! I am with you but dont forget the old swamp gas and balloons? Lol

I hate skeptics!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
delete - my responses was aimed at the wrong person

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Skepticism is a healthy quality .. it's really important because a lot of times many people tend to believe what they want to believe just because.. they take anything they don't understand and use it to bolster what they have already convinced themselves as true, they don't look at it with scientific objectivity .. they don't usually try to look at alternative, rational explanations first..

The general rule of thumb should be to look at all possible explanations and only when you can't find one that fits, consider the alternate.. that isn't to say that you have debunked it with certainty.. it just means you've found a plausible explanation and so there's no reason to jump to the fanciful explanation as fact.. That doesn't mean GIVE UP your mission to prove aliens exist.. I am one of those that believe they do .. and want to prove it .. it just means continue your quest to find evidence that stands up to valid and proper scrutiny..

Off topic:

But I have a user who keeps adding me as a foe .. repeatedly .. I'm not sure why ATS allows this, but it's constantly flooding me with "new message" notifications.. anything we can do to limit the number of times someone can add you as a foe? op? please? =)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I've never been one much to say "I told you so"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but I told you so.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
I've never been one much to say "I told you so"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but I told you so.

You absolutely deserve that right! you sparked my further research into those images.. you really deserve all the credit for this one.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori

PLPL

that's what i'm saying, NASA isn't exactly known for their honesty , havn't they lied and been caught a few times already?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

it's not only nasa though.. it's this very community that worked on that image and many came up with valid explanations before NASA touched it ..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What NASA claims then NASA is right.Time will tell if off world intelligences are heading our way or are hear and when and if they decide to show up or reveal themselves for what ever reasons no amount of smugness on here or official disinformation or even lies be they scientific or not will censer it.Those who laugh last springs to mind;

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

no doubt, but even here everyone is a self taught genius on debunkery so i'm still unconvinced

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join