It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... are you preparing for Dec. 21, 2012 ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
so people here are not doing the prep needed for the claims of 2012. Instead they are doing the simple stuff like being ready for storms. That makes sense. I do that. Prepping for the claims of 2012 is much more than stocking a few odd cans and a little bottled water. Unlike a storm there won't be external rescuers in the 2012 claims.

2012 claims if true would mean you'll starve to death in 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I will be getting credit cards and maxing them all out by buying up all kinds of things useful for 2012. Bank loans too. The worst thing that can happen is that if nothing happens, i have to pay it back.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I do not believe that 2012 will be end all, but i am a person that thinks it is better to prepare to have than to have nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just in case i made this tool that even rambo would be proud to own. The handle has a screw on compass with plastic filters for the solar powered light. The handle is hollow 1.5 inch dia and 8 inch long. so you can store fishing gear in or any other stuff. The handle has threads on both ends to affix the attachments. 1st atachment is the guard. It screws onto the handle and has a threaded hole on top for the knife. The guard has a small hammer to the left and a pick to the right side. 2nd, The knife has a 8 inch mirror shine razor sharp blade with a saw at one end with a glass magnifyer at the base and a threaded bolt to screw it into the guard. 3, A small shovel that screws into the guard. 4th A small attachment that holds other attachments to make a screwdriver or use of small sockets. 5th A solar power light that screws at the other end of the handle. 6th is a 4 foot spear with threads on one end to screw into handle. Good for poking at ice over rivers, used as a spear and can be used for self defense. It a handy tool. You can shave with it and also has a magnifyer to start fires. The blade is so sharp you can open metal cans. The blades mirror finish allows you to signal to people by sun.
This tool tops them all, i'm glad i made it. I can core an apple with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The poster above remined me that i've always wanted to buy a machete, might be a good year to do so

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I'm not stocking up for the hoax called 2012. In December I will be getting ready for Christmas.

Oh no you dont...belief in a fake holiday //// however can you justify that......kidding Dude,

It will be another year I didnt work ,thus, not paying taxes...somebody might just catch on to that and make some real change.

Friday the 21st 2012 sounds like a great night for a Brisket cooked low and slow and plenty of Drop Top

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure I'll just be doing some last minute holiday shopping, and I'm also fairly certain everyone will be around to receive the gifts I buy.

If a giant brown dwarf is hurtling by, some canned goods won't help.

But there isn't a brown dwarf, and nothing is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"When the world ends we'll be burnin one,
Oh you know when the world ends
i'm gonna take you aside and say
Lets watch it all fade away, fade away
And the worlds done
Ours just begun"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 3headedalien

What's your plan?
Do you have one?
Do you care to?

1) What's your plan?

To make sure I'm done getting Christmas gifts for everyone a week before at least.

2) Do you have one? (a plan for the 12/21/2012 bogeyman)

No. It's just another date.

3) Do you care to? (have a plan for the 12/21/2012 bogeyman)

No. Although it should be entertaining to see "chicken littles" frantic about the sky falling.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a lot of people are unsure if 2012 will hold an event or not, click the top link in my signature and deduce an answer for yourself , i had a theory which collides with prophecies out there.

I'm not unsure at all. There will be no event. At least none associated with any prophecy or calendar. I'm pretty sure every little event that occurs in December will be attributed to this magical date though.

The sort of thinking behind this date is no more firm than the belief in Santa Claus - and the chance of it happening is equal to the chance Santa will be coming down your chimney a few days after the 21st.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Tis probably leaving through that hole in the top of the bottle...

I'm just saying.

-saige-

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Since it falls only a couple days from my 20th anniversary, my wife and I will most likely be in Hawaii if/when something happens. Might as well be in paradise if it's the end of the world.

All hail our new reptilian overlords

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Throwing a massive end of the world party... Arrangements for venue are already made.

And yes you are invited...
edit on 23-1-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Oh no you dont...belief in a fake holiday //// however can you justify that......kidding Dude,

Not a fake around my neck of the woods. We go all out with a real tree and presents and egg nog (made with whiskey).

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The ONLY thing I am gonna do is sit on ATS LIVE for the end of the world

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by rebellender

Not a fake around my neck of the woods. We go all out with a real tree and presents and egg nog (made with whiskey).

Yum!! mine with Meyers Dark Rum........enjoy

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
the only preparation i will be doing is sticking to training and hopefully that will see me through whatever may or may not happen
if it turns out to be a non starter in december i will pop a beer or two and celebrate
if it turns out to be something life changing or the end of the world
hopefully where i end up after this life may be more peacefull

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
yes,
I'm going to fill the cooler with beer, sit with friends.

Laugh and joke about the same "non-event" that happened in 2000.

Anyway, if the world does end.....guess I dont have to clean up after the party.

QFT, I remember 12 years ago discovery channel and etc were all playing their "Y2K" shows gathering up interest just as they are today with 2012....and what happened when the clock hit midnight and 2000 came? Not a f'n thing except more drinking.

The mass media has caught on to how much the public is into alternative theories of history and just conspiracy in general and have been playing us like a fiddle for a damn long time. I personally stopped believing in 2012 when a whole slew of 2012 shows started coming on tv because if there really was a devastating change to our world/system we wouldn't know it until it happened. TPTB wouldn't risk causing mass panic or a real change to their system by broadcasting the so called upcoming "event" all over television.

But look what happened a year after the so called Y2K event, 9-11 and the war on terror. Its like they took all that fear generated from y2k and poured it into a real event...maybe 2013 is the real event.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join