It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... are you preparing for Dec. 21, 2012 ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yup...I've built a Faraday cage around my whole house, than I realized I don't have a garage....so I'm taking out the front wall and installing a garage door, so I can get my vehicle in ...it's gonna be tight cause I've filled up my whole house with food, water....mostly dark Bacardi...I think I've got it covered?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
alot of people are unsure if 2012 will hold an event or not, click the top link in my signature and deduce an answer for yourself , i had a theory which collides with prophecies out there.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
make sure your vehicles are well serviced before,not wasted money after all.if you want stock up on service parts.tyres,fuel and oil.at least you will be mobile.imagine you are quite happily eating your spare room of instant noodles and tuna and your neighbours notice their kids are skinnier than yours.would rather be able to relocate than man the barricades.
as for weapons its pointless in most countries,apart from u.s. to discuss it.i have a pretty decent air rifle,at least it will fill the pot a few times i suppose.
you got to consider what the protagonist will be....i hope its zombies,just dont have the resources to fight the chinese,aliens etc.lol....although a mad max scenario would be most welcome.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertruck99

i second the zombie scenario

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have x3 days off either side of the 21st so will be kicking back and watching it all unfold if it does.....

just in case....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

You would be better off with sardines lol. i would probably stock up on lots of pot noodles

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'll be stockin up on MREs and bottled water as well as canned goods, tissue, wipes, batteries, portable DVD player (gotta keep busy) and anything else I could need. Even if the world doesn't end it can be used in case of emergencies or natural disasters. I even have my Airmen's Manual lol

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

ooohh. No sardines, yuck. can't go there.
pot noodles, yes there is a good idea. you can do alot with noodles...
still not sure if I can afford to stock the vodka, keep trying but it keeps disappearing. Not sure where it is going.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You know, when I started this thread I probably should've clarified that i dont believe that the Earth will blow up or that there will be total destruction. I am more of the belief that if anything happens it will probably be something along the lines of an event, followed by lack of power or mass chaos. I know that if "the world ends" saving up cans of food wont help, yeah, i might as well party the nite before, but if shtf and most of us are alive to deal with the aftermath, then wouldn't it make sense to be prepared?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3headedalien
You know, when I started this thread I probably should've clarified that i dont believe that the Earth will blow up or that there will be total destruction.

Right, what would be the point of get prepared and storage supplies. People who wants to be prepared for a big disaster is people who believes life will go on no matter what.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Preparing....

abcnews.go.com...

A Prayer for Help and Praise for Its Answer

A Psalm of David.

Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock;

be not silent to me:

lest, if thou be silent to me,

I become like them that go down into the pit.

Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee,

when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.

Draw me not away with the wicked,

and with the workers of iniquity,

which speak peace to their neighbors,

but mischief is in their hearts.

Give them according to their deeds, Rev. 22.12

and according to the wickedness of their endeavors:

give them after the work of their hands;

render to them their desert.

Because they regard not the works of the LORD,

nor the operation of his hands,

he shall destroy them, and not build them up.

Blessed be the LORD,

because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.

The LORD is my strength and my shield;

my heart trusted in him, and I am helped:

therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth;

and with my song will I praise him.

The LORD is their strength,

and he is the saving strength of his anointed.

Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance:

feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't think it takes a negative or conspiratorial mindset to realise the world is going pretty crazy right now. Whether that has anything to do with cyclical destruction/renewal I don't know. IMO the two biggest current threats are economic and war. So it does make sense to stock up a little. And to make yourself as self reliant as possible. Say the supply chain gets disrupted or there is a devaluation, run on banks - whatever. I'd rather not be slugging it out with desperate people at ATMs or the grocery store. And I'd rather buy myself a little time. No you can't prepare for 'end of everything' but there is a world of possibilities inbetween.

edit on 20-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm not stocking up for the hoax called 2012. In December I will be getting ready for Christmas.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You know, when I started this thread I probably should've clarified that i dont believe that the Earth will blow up or that there will be total destruction. I am more of the belief that if anything happens it will probably be something along the lines of an event, followed by lack of power or mass chaos. I know that if "the world ends" saving up cans of food wont help, yeah, i might as well party the nite before, but if shtf and most of us are alive to deal with the aftermath, then wouldn't it make sense to be prepared?

I agree. It's absolutely baffling that people won't even think to prepare for the worst. Think about being a provider for your family. You surely won't be laughing if something happened and now all you have is warm beer. Won't your family be thrilled.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dymiox

Wouldn't your family be unhappy if you squandered money away preparing for a hoax?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I've wasted more money on a couch.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dymiox

So you made a negligible effort to prepare for 2012. Fine. Other people might make a more determined effort to prepare stocking piling months of food and the ability to cook that food and to treat water and to provide heat when the utilities go down as some have claimed.

I have the ability to get through several days of disaster. I am not preparing for the hoax of 2012 which in general claims for long term distress.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Even if I "wasted" an insignificant amount of money (compared to what I spend in a month, realistically) I don't think my family will be upset that we don't have to purchase any canned food and water at the grocery store for a month. Oh what pain it will be to have a few less bags of groceries every week!

I live by the motto "Better safe than sorry." To each their own.
edit on 20-1-2012 by dymiox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The way I see it, I honestly don't think I'd be "wasting" more than $30-$50 extra dollars during the course of a whole year to buy water/canned food/batteries. If nothing happens GREAT!! I get to keep a small collection of food just in case we are hit by another hurricane. Not a bad idea, no?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The way I see it, I honestly don't think I'd be "wasting" more than $30-$50 extra dollars during the course of a whole year to buy water/canned food/batteries. If nothing happens GREAT!! I get to keep a small collection of food just in case we are hit by another hurricane. Not a bad idea, no?

My thoughts exactly. Remove electricity from our every day world and it will shake things up a bit. Either that or the stampede of people rushing for the gas stations and grocery stores.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join