It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... are you preparing for Dec. 21, 2012 ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The wife and I are both believers of the supernatural and had a conversation a few years back (2009?) about the 2012 topic. After a very lengthy conversation we decided that in the whole year of 2012 we'd buy one extra canned food each time we'd go to the grocery store JUST IN CASE (lol). We figure it would also serves us in case of a hurricane or any other type of emergency since we live near the gulf coast.

We want to have some spare canned food and water just in case anything were to happen. Throughout the course of this year we also want to buy some seeds and have at least another first aid kit ready. Batteries for our flashlights/radios, maybe firewood, I don't know, I'm sure I'll think of something. We figure it's not to silly to do such things since they all cost very little money to get over the course of the year.

No one knows what's going to happen, Christmas might (and probably will) come around just like any other year with absolutely no problems but it's better to prepare than regret don't you think?

What's your plan? Do you have one? Do you care to?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yes,
I'm going to fill the cooler with beer, sit with friends.

Laugh and joke about the same "non-event" that happened in 2000.

Anyway, if the world does end.....guess I dont have to clean up after the party.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3headedalien

What's your plan? Do you have one? Do you care to?

[color=gold]
My plan is to maintain a positive vibration overall and try to assist in the overall POSITIVE frequency of Earth and its inhabitants..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
no, Im preparing for something real and a present danger, March 20 2012, when greece defalts on its bonds, starting a chain reaction that will result in the collapse of society and the end world as we know it. Think "Dark Ages 2"
edit on 19-1-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm preparing for the world wide sigh when everyone works out they have work in the morning.

Might get some beers in too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 3headedalien

Yes, I have prepared. No, not for the December doom though.

Anything could hit at any moment in time. Electrical grid falling, earthquake or any other weather anomaly. It's better to be safe than sorry !!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No one i know puts any stock into this. So, most likely ill be worrying about last minute gift shopping, planning our annual winter snowboarding trip, figuring out what to do for new years eve, etc.

Im not going to worry a bit unless i see a mushroom cloud somewhere in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Que Sera Sera! If some great catastrophe were to happen, there's not a lot I could do about it. Planning or worrying etc etc, makes no sense to me.

There's no evidence to suggest anything of that nature will take place, we will all be here again in 2013 and will be reading when the dates are for the next cataclysmic event. War is probably the worst threat right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
I'm preparing for the world wide sigh when everyone works out they have work in the morning.

Might get some beers in too.

Dude, the 21st is a FRIDAY.

PARTY TIME!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Sweet. Friday is pizza night too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My plans for December 21st to get loads of beer stocked up and find everyone who created these dumb 2012 disaster movies and laugh at them.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hmm. Lot of parties that day it seems. Guess I'll stock up on vodka then.

I don't want to feel left out.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
going with the flow, even if it is the end of the world, anyone forget about the whole MAD 'nuke us we nuke you' scenario? we are already essentially dead, just waiting for someone to screw up.

I've talked it over quite a bit with people I know, and going from research, the verdict? solar phenomena, aliens, or nothing.

ed: or possibly ww3. (at any rate i'm prepared for all of the above, including nothing happening, which would be great compared to damascus being turned to ash because the illuminati want to make revelations happen in reality to prove...*yawn* i'm boring myself with the repetition, make sure the NWO don't pull their crap before december and everything will be just wonderful.)
edit on 19/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Honestly, I will be doing some last minute Christmas shopping. Trying to spot any one trying to stock up for the end of the world or something, maybe crack a joke about them to who ever is with me.

And no doubt, trying to talk my girlfriend into wrapping the presents for me.... I hate it and I am so awful at wrapping.

I am making no special efforts to prepare for any kind of end of the world scenario. I do have things around such as a first aid kid and of course my collection of knives, but that is nothing to do with 2012.

If something did happen ( It wont) and I live, I suppose I could rummage through some abandoned houses and stores for supplies.

edit on 19-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm not preparing.

Let it come.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My daughter's 21st birthday is on the 22nd and her time of birth is about 8 minutes after midnight, so I suppose I'll be throwing her the proper party a parent should throw for a 21-year old at the end of the world.

But seriously, other than a nice fun birthday party, that's about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't understand what is the problem with be prepared for disasters. 12-21-12 had been mentioned so much in so many ways, even if the chances are very low of such an event may occur, nobody can be 100% sure. If you have a family, rather be prepared and be a responsable father or mother.

We know the planet is going thru big changes and we've seen what happened in places like Japan. Storage food, medicines, survival items is intelligent. I've been doing that for long time and every 6 months I use what is going to expire soon and replace it.

I just replaced my car with a more reliable SUV vehicle and will gear it up. I have a dog that can hunt small animals. Also, I will start to storage natural medicines.

There is a lot of people making jokes about this, that's just a way to disguise fear.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just kinda will wait it out and go with the flow of things but i have been working towards small projects that will help me obtain some kind of free energy via tesla patents. Also working on a few projects to help my car get better gas mileage or run on no gas at all anything to make life cheaper and not rely on community rip off programs such as utility company's and big corporations like oil and such. But sad to say not very easy when ya got 3 kids and a wife who think your not capable of doing anything without money or government corporations. Also looking into small farming and indoor gardening. But on another note i gave up video games the big rims and stereo in my truck and devoted the money to these things after all there just material items and there are a million more like then in the world i just feel kinda unprepared for the future of this country.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 3headedalien

But the Mayans and the Hopi's never said that the end of the world will be on Dec 21, 2012.
That is when their sky gods return to collect them and take them away.
As far as the Hopi's go, their skygod will take all the people who have respected the earth.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm pretty much always ready for whatever mother nature does to us out here.....
But sure, I'll admit I'm slowly stocking a few canned goods like tuna just in case.
dunno if it will help, but plan on stocking a bit of ammo too.
and if nothing happens, I'll be eating alot of tuna sandwiches anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join