It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BlackHawk Flying over Queens NY 1/18/12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Anyone Notice a blackhawk helicopter flying over Queens, NY yesterday. Along the border of Nassau county and Queens county near Belmont racetrack. It's a regular path where I always see helicopters but NEVER military. I was in my backyard doing some carpentry, building a bed for a friend of mine and I noticed the heavy chop of the blades and looked up and this thing was flying around 200-300 feet. Real low and blacked out.

It looked as if it was going in slow motion. Seemed out of the ordinary but what really blew my mind is that it literally flew by a total of 4 times within a couple of hours. When I finally decided to get my camera the damn thing didn't come back. At least my wife saw it. She thought I was nuts at 1st until after she picked up the kids from school, she came in the back to talk to me and it flew over.

I have to check my security cameras because I remember looking up and flipping them off. Just curious if anyone else in the area noticed it and why it would be around when I never see any military over this flight path.

Correction is that my wife came in the back at around 11:30 and you can clearly see me pointing up and my wife looking . Let me figure out how to upload the video. I still have to find me flippingb it off. I have to search through an entire days worth of video. I'll be back
edit on 19/1/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/1/2012 by Revealation because: 1edit date. It was yesterday the 18th

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Don't know about that...but, had 2 V-22 Ospreys flying low over my home last night. Flying so low, it shook my home a bit. I figured they were doing night mountain maneuvers up here in the boonies. They were here Early September last go around.

In the North Ga Mountains where I live, we have low level military training routes. The do not stay at the 500 ft or above levels as required by regs. It can get pretty wild up here....I've been known to drop to the floor on more than one occasion.

Also have had to clean up doggy pee after some of those fly overs....poor puppy

edit on 19-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Did you recently just feel your house shake? I'm in Brooklyn and me and my mother just felt the house gently vibrate a few times and heard a faint rumble. I just jumped on ATS to see if anything was going on and found this.

On another note, last night there was a very bright light outside that seemed to be rotating. I ran to my window to see what it was but it was gone, all I saw was a bunch of people looking out their windows too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

No, didn't feel anything but I wasn't sitting still. I was out back kicking the ball around with my son. Also slight rumbles don't affect me. I grown used to the Long Island railroad. Everytime it passes my house rumbles.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Damn as soon as I leave Long Island, I miss something

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

someone must have had two 18 killstreaks in mw3....
.....oops 2nd line
ps just be thankful it wasnt a 24 killstreak
edit on 19/1/12 by vipertruck99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

Can't wait to leave NY, period!!!. Sick of everyone's wanna be tough guy attitude. I grew up in Franklin Square, Long Island. Where'd you go? anywhere interesting?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What type of event in Queens would
require a Black Hawk fly over?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Don't know, that's why I'm curious. Who knows why they do the things they do but I know what I saw. It was so low I felt like I could literally hit it with a baseball. The 4 times it flew by, it was always low. I was cuting with a circular saw and had the radio cranking and stopped what I was doing because I still heard and felt it.

Maybe they're FLIR everyones crib or trying out some new tech. getting ready for martial law. IDK but I do know it's out of the ordinary. 1 time in my life have I EVER sen a military jet fly by and that was after 911. Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Not sure what to think but
I have read other articles lately
about military flying in more
populated areas. Queens is
very populated, if something
is going on and a Blackhawk is
needed it should be thru the wires
soon. Keep an eye on the skies.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There are a few military posts in the area, you got Ft Totten in Whitestone, Ft Hamilton in Brooklyn and Ft Wadsworth on Staten Island. It might been a new pilot at an National Guard unit doing orientation flying, that is, flying over the area to get used to landmarks. There is an avation unit on Long Island at MacArthur airport, I was a member of it back in the 90's and they had Blackhawks, Hueys and a couple of Cobras back then.
Nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

Can't wait to leave NY, period!!!. Sick of everyone's wanna be tough guy attitude. I grew up in Franklin Square, Long Island. Where'd you go? anywhere interesting?

I'm in the same boat, raised in the same town too. What a coincidence. I'm commenting because I saw a video dated yesterday (1/18) on long island about the strange sounds. I'm not sure if that video is a hoax or not.

www.youtube.com...

This looks like it took place late (or at least after 6 pm). I unfortunately did not hear this sound yesterday.
edit on 19-1-2012 by dymiox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm about 10 minutes from Whitestone and that's the general direction it was flying, My family has owned this house for years(1969) even when we lived in Long Island, and as far as I can remember, I never see military fly by. I know the sounds of every helicopter that does a fly overdaily and can probably tell you their color from the sound alone.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dymiox

Small world. How old are you? I'm 40. You go to school out there? Back to the topic though, I don't think it was related to the sound unless it was early. They flew towards L.I then back towards NY then back to LI and back to Ny again. They were flying over late morning (around 11:30) to early afternoon (about 3:00).

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Funny - im out in Jersey & we had a Chinook fly over today rattling windows - Obama is in the city today or tomorrow for a fundraiser so could be something with that.

www.hackettstownlife.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by dymiox

Small world. How old are you? I'm 40. You go to school out there? Back to the topic though, I don't think it was related to the sound unless it was early. They flew towards L.I then back towards NY then back to LI and back to Ny again. They were flying over late morning (around 11:30) to early afternoon (about 3:00).

I will vouch for you that there are never military helicopters over here. News and police choppers sure, but those are easy to identify just by sound alone. Seeing military chopper activity and then that sound being heard in the same area is suspicious to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Didn't see anything last night.

Yeah grew up in queens myself and so sick of the people in ny. I lived in cali for a few years it was nice there I want to go back.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Over here in Staten Island, I haven't felt any unusual shaking of the house.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I lived on Long Island (suffolk county) til I turned 20 and went active Army and left

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I had the same thing happen 2nd day of deer season while i was cutting fire wood with other family members, it was a blacked out blackhawk helicopter and was flying just above tree top level, just the site of it coming out of nowhere kinda freaked me out , but within 5 minutes it flew over us again except this time the doors were open and you could see the crew, like they were going to pull a maneuver or shoot us or something, really freaked me out, so much i wrote a thread about it after it happened

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join