It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am unsure about ATS rivals and friends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd appreciate getting some quickly, if only to build a small network of rivals and friends on this site to both back me up and cut me down in my search for truth.

I don't plan to hold auditions for rivals and friends, but all the same I'm saying, I plan to hold auditions for friends and rivals. You don't know me well enough to decide if you want to be a friend or rival, and I don't know each of you reading this enough to place you there.

Let's uh, get a big group of people willing to deny ignorance together, but ignorant of each other, to network each other into a friendly sort of rivals and friends that operate in this site, under the banner of denying ignorance.

I'm an anarchist, unfit to lead a group of you, but useful for starting a group of cataclysmic proportions. :/

You'll find that as the starting anarchist in the group, I could be a rival to many political factions on this site, but I am indeed more useful to start a hub of rivals around which their collective rivalry equals our own friendships across a round-table of discussion.

So, I don't know who is willing to begin being my rival, my enemies closer than my friends, but maybe you'll feel friendly enough to offer a helping hand to building not only my own network, but yours as well.

Is this the right place to do that, or should I open this topic in a different forum than general chit-chat?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

I will friend you my fellow citizen of Ottawa.

Auditions seem a bit pompous I will say though.
edit on 19-1-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
I don't plan to hold auditions for rivals and friends, but all the same I'm saying, I plan to hold auditions for friends and rivals.

Huh?
I would suggest just reading and responding with your thoughts on the subjects rather that trying to hold auditions for friends and rivals. Beside real friends are much better that online friends

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Hahaha, sweet another Canuck, I've heard we're more numerous online than we are in real life but only because we're so technologically advanced with the supporting industrial culture than any real geopolitical weight. You are my friend now as well!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

In my opinion. ATS is not a competitive game. I don't know why you think we should team up and have a go at each other.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Go to the off topic : religion forum

Mention the antichrist stuff there. Then ask a few LOGICAL questions about the bible.

Is there a holy trinity, or only one?
Why do a few of you protest funerals?

Heck, they dont even agree if Noah lived, and if the flood actually happened.

You will have enemies in no time.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm an anarchist, unfit to lead a group of you, but useful for starting a group of cataclysmic proportions. :/

Rival ... see you around.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well, it's not a competitive game, but we can treat it lightly as such without receiving the consequences of treating it heavily as such, if only we dance around the issue of having friends and rivals anyways. Revolution, dancing, without one they are both nothing but themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Thank you, you are the enemy I keep close so I can have some friends with you. The enemies of your enemies are not my friends, but only because they're the ignorant we will deny!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

Well, it's not a competitive game, but we can treat it lightly as such without receiving the consequences of treating it heavily as such, if only we dance around the issue of having friends and rivals anyways. Revolution, dancing, without one they are both nothing but themselves.

You, sir, are an egotistical fruitcake. A well versed one, but still nutty.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
your a nut,and i kinda like it!
done the anarchy thing when i was younger,didn't work. i find that being a hermit keeps me calm.
as for polotics,i don't vote so i don't have a say,and i'm fine with that.man even if my vote counted i don't think it
would stop coca-cola from polutting the water in India,and selling the people the sludge they create as fertillizer!
(as i mentioned before,my english is excellent,its my typing that sucks)
i'll join your group,you can decide if i'm a friend or a rival!
but i do have an opinion on most everything.
i will say i don't believe in alien abduction.god,they hab been snatching us up for decades now and they still haven't figured us out yet?
nothing like being so advanced to be able to travel light years,but too dumb to learn any thing from the firs 10 disections of us! no wonder they haven't taken over yet!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Mention the antichrist stuff there.

That's anarchist, not antichrist.

To the OP, I thought your plea was cute.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I will add you as a friend cause I could see that while you've got some awesome opinions, if we were rivals it might make my incoherence and yours clash kind of awkwardly. So, to avoid conflict about your typing and my standards for it, you get to be in the friends camp. Not cause you're special, but because you seem ....special :p

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

OOPs, you are correct.

My bad, just got a bit caught up in it all.

OP - perhaps the survival forum would be a place to meet some (not all) like minded people.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Given that I suffer from flatulence and bad breath, which would you rather I was?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Mention the antichrist stuff there. Then ask a few LOGICAL questions about the bible.

Is there a holy trinity, or only one?
Why do a few of you protest funerals?

Heck, they dont even agree if Noah lived, and if the flood actually happened.

You will have enemies in no time.

Agreed. One ATS member, who shall remain nameless, though any of you who've frequented the Religion Forum will know who I'm talking about, placed me on his "rivals" list 7 times.... in one evening.

Just having an oposing opinion is enough to derail most people's emotions, religion-based or not.

To the OP: Put out your thoughts and opinions... the friends and rivals will develope organically.

edit on 19-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

They will organically develop yes, I'm trying to digitally jumpstart the ecosystem that develops.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Ha Ha.......I believe I know who you speak of.

He got so upset at me I actually got TWENTY SIX of those "rival" messages. ROTFL..........even made me snort at the time.

He had to hit that button 26 times......thats some anger issues.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

"I am a follower of Christ. I am on the one and only path to Heaven, which is love."

Meanwhile, in the darkness of his mother's basement...

[rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival][rival]

I'm telling you; visit any religious forum and begin speaking your mind.

Or you could just pick people at random and add them to your list.
Personally, I haven't seen what sort of difference it makes forum-wise.

edit on 19-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Do you know if you get a message if someone friends you?
Do they get a message if you un-friend them?

Thought it would be a bit humorous to friend him.....then a few hours later un-friend him. (repeat process every few hours until I can no longer sit in my chair from laughing.

If he sends me 26 rival messages, wouldn't the polite thing to do would be to send him 26 friend messages.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join