It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric bear skulls found underwater in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
After reading the thread on the staff found underwater in Lake Huron, this is yet another great find.

4 Prehistoric Bear skulls found underwater in a cave in Mexico proves yet again that the ice age has so much more to show us.

And then the evidence of human remains makes me wonder if these humans actually lived in the cave or were they perhaps just a snack for the family of 4?

Any way it develops is still a great find tho:
www.bbc.co.uk...

The ancient remains of four prehistoric bears have been uncovered by archaeologists diving in underwater caves in Mexico. Scientists think the extinct species lived in the caves in the ice age before they became filled with water. Human remains were also found.

In the dark depths of an underwater cave in eastern Mexico, archaeologists uncovered the ancient remains of four prehistoric bears in the Yucatan Peninsula. Officials believe they could date back to the ice age. Investigators from Mexico City's National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) and officials at the National Institute of Anthropology (INAH) uncovered the precious 11,000-year-old skulls in the ancient sinkhole, or cenote, in 2011. Read more: www.3news.co.nz...

I found this interesting because of the statement that the bear remains are clearly of Mayan origin. Is there a bear that is known to be found only in that area to make this statement? I have never heard of one but...

A total of four skulls were found some 50 metres deep within the cenote, which had provided ideal conditions for the preservation of the remains for thousands of years. "We have found a large quantity of [bear] remains," said Anda Alanis. "Some of them are clearly of Mayan origin." Read more: www.3news.co.nz...

edit on 19-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What a coincidence, I've been painting a bear all afternoon. Isn't weird when you spend a good amount of time doing something and then switch on the tv or internet and find what you've been discussing or doing popping up on the screen? Gotta love synchronicity.

Off topic, I know, but I thought it was interesting.

All that aside. Interesting find. Prehistoric creatures are one of many passions of mine. Could be that the bears were the prey. Men have been trapping animals for thousands of years with dead falls. The bears could've been brought back to the cave. Just a thought.

Off to watch the vid now.

[eta] I watched the vid. Pretty cool. I found a megalodon tooth in a similar fashion some years ago. The $h!tty thing is, I lost it in a move. Years later I found out how much those teeth are worth. *face palm*

edit on 19-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sorry, but observing the video, the whole thing looks staged. Kinda looks like the artifacts in Egypt that after three years where opened as if they were-had been, just opened.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Sorry, but observing the video, the whole thing looks staged. Kinda looks like the artifacts in Egypt that after three years where opened as if they were-had been, just opened.

Sorry? Why apologize?

If it is staged, then BBC and a bunch of other stations reporting are the ones to apologize.

My question would be why stage it tho? What's the end game?

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
What a coincidence, I've been painting a bear all afternoon.

A little more off topic but what I find curious is how you get the bear to stand still to be painted?

Anyhoo...

Yup, this kinda stuff makes me sit up and go hmmmm. Especially serious about the scenario that I posted. I want to know if the bears lived there and ate the humans or if the human remains were occupants and used the skulls in ceremonies. Maybe even just a decoration.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The shoot was staged, but it doesn't mean the vid is b.s.

This is obviously an account of how they found the skulls. They wouldn't dive, find skulls worth thousands of dollars and then leave them down there until a documentay crew from the BBC arrived. They had to restage how they found the skulls. The skulls in the water probably aren't even the same ones, but again, this doesn't damage the validity of the story.

A little more off topic but what I find curious is how you get the bear to stand still to be painted?

I put on Seinfeld, and he just sits there. I can't explain it

edit on 19-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by jude11

The shoot was staged, but it doesn't mean the vid is b.s.

This is obviously an account of how they found the skulls. They wouldn't dive, find skulls worth thousands of dollars and then leave them down there until a documentay crew from the BBC arrived. They had to restage how they found the skulls. The skulls in the water probably aren't even the same ones, but again, this doesn't damage the validity of the story.

Thanks for that.

Yes, we all know that documentaries are staged to try and bring us as close to the real event as possible. There isn't always a film crew, lighting etc when a discovery is made and the audience will want to relive the event as closely as can be.

Peace

top topics

join