It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indictment Charges Megaupload Site With Piracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
you have the wrong language bro, might want to pick up on some hebrew

בתחבולות תעשה לך מלחמה

Seems I heard some rumors about who's side the Zionists were on...
but that is not for this thread

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Well that really puts a damper on this post of mine that I posted my record of my findings (not copy-written). I used MegaUpload to host those recordings and have never used it for anything further. Easy come easy go I suppose.

Perhaps you can sue the DOJ for screwing up your files ??

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

I'm sure I can remember a time when the entertainment companies wanted to ban the sale of secondhand DVD's, CD's etc. The were trying to say the money you paid was not to buy the product, it was only giving you licence to listen to it, therefore you couldn't resell the product

Greed pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by XPLodER
this action shows pipa and sopa are not necacery,
the feds already have ample powers to act and achive any real objective.
sopa and pipa will be bought back when no body is wactching.
You wrote what I was thinking.

What do we need sopa and pipa for? I think this case should demonstrate they aren't needed, and the existing laws should be adequate to fight piracy if the due process of law is followed, as it should be.

Trying to shortcut due process with SOPA should be a crime itself, and I'm hoping they don't bring it back when nobody is looking, but I'm afraid you might be right, that they might at least try that, so we need to be vigilant, to prevent that.

in my opinion SOPA and PIPA is a responce to the traditional media losing groung to internet sources and formats.

it can be used as a tool to "regulate" free speak of any decenters while ignoring friends who also "infringe" but are not prosicuted.

it can be seen as a "normalising" of criminal activity for profit,
the oringinerators of the software are at the centre of a distrabution network that gets payed by advertising,
ie profit for download.

they encourage the use of THEIR product for illegal use through deceptive advertising and design functionallity within the software,

and this "enables" a person to be a major copywrite infringer at home from a pc with little to no skill.

wham
then change laws to "clean up" the problem of copyrite infringement

i do not beleive in steeling,

but if a criminal enterprise was to "enable" users to become criminals and potential profit then.....
claim they must be protected,
then the feds slam a big download website and proves it never needed the powers it was calling for

xploder

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This should have been your heading Boncho.

From Megaupload to Megaexplode.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
From FoxNews.com, I thought this part was NUTS:

The individuals in the criminal enterprise each faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison on racketeering charges, five years for conspiracy to commit copyright infringement, 20 years on money laundering charges and five years on related charges. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

50 years for copyright? I mean my God, it's not like they're killing people or anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Megavideo is down....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
50 years for copyright? I mean my God, it's not like they're killing people or anything.

At this point, murder gets you less jail time than copyright infringement. The guy who killed Michael Jackson? He got 4 years in jail.

So.... By that logic, you could kill 12 for every 1 copyright infringement, measured in jail time.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
On one hand i do not agree that the U.S. has the right to bring charges against anyone of another country, on the otherhand stealing is stealing, even if it is digitized information. All i can say is if youre addicted to stealing music, video games, movies or anything else via internet you better break yourself of that habit and do it quick. Big Corp is wanting his money, and he's lobbying Uncle Sam...who lost his morality in 1861.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
www.FBI.gov is down

edit on 19-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Megaupload is back!

megavideo.bz...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So... Ol'ov good ol'ATS is just whining like a virgin for a fat guy who became a billionaire (and who was btw convicted a few times for illicit activities back in the 90's) just for setting up an enormous internetz server aimed to host copyrighted material.

Do y'all think :

1/ The guy'd have become so rich (biggest mansion in New-Zeal !
) if his business wasn't BASED upon THEFT ?
2/ Megaupload would have been ever dreamt of without any businessplan pertaining to copyrighted (read : buyable, so theftable...) material ?

To be true as the Anonymous I am, this Fat Kim Dotcom Schmitz Guy always made me sick about the New Web Paradigma, which he was simply raping for his own very greed. His site was greasy, orange, for years asking 90 seconds ( you're kidding, dude ?) to download any# or such. You got it : I almost never used Megaupload, just smelling all that mess was about.

This said, HERE IS THE ETHICAL DILEMNA FOR ALL WWW ACTIVISTS :

... LIBERATE THE WORLD BENEVOLENTLY ...

- OR -

... TRY TO LIBERATE THE WORLD FOR BUYING THE MOST EXPENSIVE MANSION IN NEW ZEALAND...

You know what ? All my P2P sites are still on.
Mind you, none of'em is making bucks upon copyright infringement, while all of them are working upon what is called by TPTB " copyright infringement".
Guess what ? I'm of those who strongly believe that "copyright" is, in itself and as nowadays enforced, PURE THEFT.

Go figure.

Now, as tough, civilisational matters require subtles statements, let me add this for the sake of any fairness :

A. ThePirateBay IS NOT DOWN, so aren't many Private Trackers ; are those making huge money from their so-called piracy ?
B. Should the New Paradigm that's just emerging from the Internetz be truly philanthropic, or should it profit to some happy few who tomorrow will be the same ones you're just fighting against today (such a Schmitz Guy, id est).
C. When will YOU, AMERICAN CITIZENS, practically revolt against your Leviatanesque Government ?

Oh : Feel free not to answer.

edit on 19/1/2012 by Pr0sp3r0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You know, back in the day we used to tape songs off the radio on our cassette players.... and tv shows to watch later on VHS....

OH how times have changed!

Imagine how many people would have been jailed in the 80's for that??

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They made a video

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!!!!! Take the internet down.....and I'll just start a BBS for me and my friends! Did it before and I'll do it again, along with 20 million other people!
I'll even burn cd's and dvd's again, only this time I'll charge $2.00 for each one to everyone I know! I'll even sell it to my friends so they can sell it to their friends at a discount if they buy 5 or more copies of whatever I got. LOL We as a people WILL NOT EVER go back to how it used to be without a fight.

I'll sell Terrabyte drives that are FULL of everything you can imagine to people. A ONE stop shop of sorts! how can they EVER stop that. 2 Terrabyte drives loaded with nothing but movies for $300 bucks 2 Terrabytes of music, everything you could ever want. 2 Terrabytes of comic books......everything! 2 Terrabytes of programs and books and documents. OMG why has no one done this yet????? I would buy them for sure.

Could you imagine going into Wal-mart and buying a 2 Terrabyte drive filled with nothing but action movies or TV shows? I would LOVE that!

HAHAHAHA!!!! Bring it on USA! You will only CREATE a bigger monster than you had already! We people are smart, intelligent, and devious. Every time TPTB try to make an impact they only make it worse! And now I have just given 200,000 people here the next step in digital revolution, and IDEAS that will go on. Whats a hard drive cost now, 100 bucks for 2 Terrabytes. I spend a day transferring from one drive to another and sell said drive for $300.00. LOL I will have just made $200.00 bucks for nothing. And believe me, there are people out there that still don't know how to dnload ANYTHING, and would love these drives full of STUFF!

Now carry on with your day people......the government is gonna make us EVOLVE! LMAO

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
if you like it or not your now gonna witness evolution in a digital global scale
its just a case of whos gonna win the battle on this 1

i know where my moneys at
and its not the feds either

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Get that **** on ebay or somewhere, I'm down with that

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i say i hope anonymous shuts these vindictive bastiches down so hard they burn up the goverment hardware.
they were made that there sneak little censorship plan failed so they went after one of the better file sharing sites.
it was one site i didnt have to type in crappy hard to read capthchas. way to go guberment corporate butt kissers
i hope you choke on money major record labels and movie studios .

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

This is like a good soap opera.

Between Anon and the Government.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i say i hope anonymous shuts these vindictive bastiches down so hard they burn up the goverment hardware.
they were made that there sneak little censorship plan failed so they went after one of the better file sharing sites.
it was one site i didnt have to type in crappy hard to read capthchas. way to go guberment corporate butt kissers
i hope you choke on money major record labels and movie studios .

expect a lot of releases in the near future of record company high rollers details with names addresses phone numbers etc
same for the department of justice
and its all down hill from there

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join