It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Oh Newt, you rascal!

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.dailykos.com...


This afternoon, as a reward for that endorsement, in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer Gingrich promised to give Palin a presidential appointment.


It's times like this I am so glad we've got such a completely liberal media, as this will be all over the news for the foreseeable future, right? RIGHT?!

Be sure to watch the video at the link!

Just a reminder:


§ 599. Promise of appointment by candidate

Whoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.




posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil
 


those laws don't apply to the rich my friend.







edit on 19/1/2012 by Sauron because: - Replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To tab



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Gingrich also likes to chant in tongues, hang out with child molesters, participate in the burning of an effigy to a stone owl -- All in Sonoma County, California - Bohemian Grove.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
But, the Anointed One put in all those Czar's!! surely there isn't a double standard!?

It sounds like this was taken out of context...not surprising at all.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


oh well, everyones been there, even Ron paul.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


oh well, everyones been there, even Ron paul.


Oh yeah? Show me the proof that he wasn't sitting at home with his wife and kids, eating homeade cookies and reading Austrian economics.

Because there is proof of what goes on in Bohemian Grove.

And there is proof Gingrich was there.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
But, the Anointed One put in all those Czar's!! surely there isn't a double standard!?


...right.

No one ever appointed a Czar of anything before Obama took office...

en.wikipedia.org...

(I'm not sure if you're trolling or not - I'll assume so)


It sounds like this was taken out of context...not surprising at all.


Watch the video, it's pretty cut and dry.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil
 


Your wikipedia article only goes back to 2009, under the revision history, so that tells me that this wikipedia page was created by dems in response to the czar issue under Obama



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by negativenihil
 


Your wikipedia article only goes back to 2009, under the revision history, so that tells me that this wikipedia page was created by dems in response to the czar issue under Obama


Ah ok, so you're trolling. Thanks for your input!



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil
 


your avoiding the issue... show me a source other than wikipedia



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 


I was being sarcastic, its either Bohemian grove, or builderberg. those are the choices we have... just like repub or dem lol



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by negativenihil
 


your avoiding the issue... show me a source other than wikipedia


Issue = Avoided.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil
 


As much as I wish Palin had stuck to her Tea Party roots and endorsed Paul, I have to say Newt didn't violate the law here. She had already endorsed him. He wasn't promising anything quid pro quo. He already had her endorsement, and he was just complimenting her and making a political statement to his supporters about including her in his administration.

Too Bad Paul hasn't stepped up and made some announcements like this!! If Paul would name some of his plans for his Administration, maybe he could steal some of the thunder from Newt here.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm actually starting to think that's why Newt is so popular - because he is SO GOOD at getting by with junk that most of us would choke on and die.

He is...a rascal.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well something like this shouldn't go unpunished... but since newt's an elitist puppet... you will not see any sort of punishment come his way.... unless the people petition for it and make enough of a ruckus.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Had no idea Rush and Hannity supported this guy Newt! I flipped on the radio station that they are on and they were VERY bent out of shape about the "leftist media" focusing on this.
I could have sworn these tools were ripping on Gingrich about 2 years ago when I stopped on their radio station. So glad those phony bologna talk show hosts sails have set.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by negativenihil
 


your avoiding the issue... show me a source other than wikipedia


Loony sounds about right, how about we focus on the subject at hand instead of using deflection tactics. This thread is about Newt.

Newt a hypocrite, decrying laws that politicians have broken while he is doing all the same, end of story.

Don't let trolls derail yet another thread.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just the fact that he made this announcement prior to actually being elected is a sly way to solicit other endorsements for rewards without saying a word.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by negativenihil
 


As much as I wish Palin had stuck to her Tea Party roots and endorsed Paul, I have to say Newt didn't violate the law here. She had already endorsed him. He wasn't promising anything quid pro quo. He already had her endorsement, and he was just complimenting her and making a political statement to his supporters about including her in his administration.


To me, it really sounded like Newt was handing out a reward.

I don't think it's too radical an idea for there to have been some sort of backroom deal - especially with the people involved here - and that Newt, feeling full of himself and maybe even untouchable slipped up live on CNN.

No matter, I do feel that at the very least there should be some sort of investigation. But let's get real, there won't be one. This story's coverage in the main stream media will probably be totaled in seconds, at best.



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
Had no idea Rush and Hannity supported this guy Newt! I flipped on the radio station that they are on and they were VERY bent out of shape about the "leftist media" focusing on this.
I could have sworn these tools were ripping on Gingrich about 2 years ago when I stopped on their radio station. So glad those phony bologna talk show hosts sails have set.


The MSM took one on the chin last night at the CNN debate.

They brought up Newts ex wife and got blasted by everyone in the room!

The MSM once again recoiled in disbelief.



new topics

top topics



 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join