It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Scoffs at Western Sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Iran is claiming demand for their oil is making sanctions ineffective !!

The Iranian Ambassador to South Korea Ahmad Masoumifar made statements to that effect.

He says Iran has no problem with keeping up with demand.

Europe is currently trying to figure out how to impose sanctions on Iran.

Iranian Ambassador to South Korea Ahmad Masoumifar on Wednesday said there is a high demand for Iran's crude oil supplies and Tehran has no problem maintaining exports.

Masoumifar also shrugged off Iran's shrinking pools of customers, saying "we (Iran) are producing about 80 million barrels [of oil] and there is demand for about 90 million."

In a Tuesday interview with The Korea Times, he said US sanctions are "a dangerous idea" meant to impose Washington's domestic law internationally.

While Iran has been able to shore up lost oil contracts by increasing oil exports to China and Russia, Masoumifar's claim has been widely panned as Iranian propaganda by analysts who note Iran would not have threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz in the event of further Western sanctions if they were not taking their toll.

Iran says Western sanctions are having no effect because demand for its oil outstrips its customers' other concerns.
( First Publish: 1/19/2012, 7:53 PM Arutz Sheva - Israel )

Will Western Sanctions REALLY Hurt Iran ?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Here goes my best anology...

Scrawny kid on the playground picking fights and talking "smack" to the bigger kids because he has a couple of big "goons" ready to back him up.

Iran is not fearing any western sanctions because Russia and China are so heavily invested in the survival of an intact Iran.

Then again this may all be a part of TPTB's plan for WWIII???

The world is tetering on the "tightrope" above the canyon of impending doom.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If Iran were to be attacked, they should find a way to strike Saudi Arabia. I'm not a military brainiac so I'm unsure if they have the capability or not, but since SA said they can make up for the Iranian oil, Iran would be very smart to strike SA if they were attacked.

I'm not condoning this but I'm just looking at it from a strategic point of view.

I don't think sanctions alone would hurt Iran. It would take military action that cripples their oil producing capabilities. Russia and China made it quite clear that they don't want military action on Iran, if this is true then all the West has is sanctions which IMO won't harm Iran.

The only other option is secret assassinations or a possible FF scenario.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, if sanctions are of no consequence to the Islamic Republic then why all the complaining and threats?

The fact is that sanctions will hurt, especially the targetted ones.

regards

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

If Iran were to be attacked, they should find a way to strike Saudi Arabia. I'm not a military brainiac so I'm unsure if they have the capability or not, but since SA said they can make up for the Iranian oil, Iran would be very smart to strike SA if they were attacked.

I'm not condoning this but I'm just looking at it from a strategic point of view.

I don't think sanctions alone would hurt Iran. It would take military action that cripples their oil producing capabilities. Russia and China made it quite clear that they don't want military action on Iran, if this is true then all the West has is sanctions which IMO won't harm Iran.

The only other option is secret assassinations or a possible FF scenario.

Not a bad strategy.

Maybe Russia would like that as well.

They could sell more oil at higher prices.

Hmmm.

China buys a lot of oil from Russia.

China's Nov Russian fuel oil imports hit 1.5-year high

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You just reminded me that the U.S also buys a lot of fuel off of the Russians.

Fuel Transfer Complete in Nome, Alaska

When I first heard of the Russian tanker "relieving" Alaska from it's gas shortage I couldn't help but wonder how dependent is the U.S. economy on Russian goods, Chinese goods too?

All these economies are dependent on each other in my opinion. Some of these countries must have some pretty big plans if they're willing to sabotage their economies like this.

join