It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logical Proofs of Infinite External Consciousness

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
He's trying to use science to prove a "God" exists...Anybody else getting the same picture I'm getting? This makes no sense...
edit on 1-2-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

his trying to use both science and logic.
however he falls short on both accounts.
as deterministic, is a reference frame of observation and i NO WAY means our life is predetermined. well to som extent it is (birth, life, death), but what we do between is free will.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

If we turned two mirrors unto themselves, we would get the illusion of infinite space. However I believe this can be compared to time and space. Infinite time and space are just an illusion..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

cool. so what does this have to do with logic, science or determinism and free will?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

It has to do with infinite consciousness. It has to do with the whole theory of the universe, our existence, our purpose.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

yeah right.
so its all about perspective.
wow. everyone knows that already.
however, no relationship to science or logic.

I dare you to make the connection to universal consciousness in a few sentences from mirrors, without logical errors and leaps of faith.

btw, I understand what you are trying to say. if you believe, if you need comfort, fine! if you use logic and science to skew the argument, be prepared for it to be rectified!
faith and comfort are personal. no need for faulty logic.
and to every man his own.
edit on 2-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

The mirrors is just an example to describe the concept behind infinity, and on why I think it doesn't really exist. That is all, take it for what it is, Im not out to change the world, but good luck with that btw

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

well, i have no idea if infinity exists or not, but it is totally besides the point.
good luck to you too!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I'd like to quote a definition from the work of Harold W. Percival, author of that most difinitive book on the nature, purpose and plan of the universe and mans place in it, titled Thinking and Destiny

"CONSCIOUSNESS: is the Presence in all things---by which each thing is conscious in the degree in which it is conscious as what or of what it is or does.
As a word it is the adjective "conscious" developed into a noun by the suffix "ness". It is a word unique in language; it has no synonyms, and its meaning extends beyond human comprehension. Consciousness is beginningless, and endless; it is indivisible, without parts, qualities, states, attributes or limitations. Yet, everything, from the least to the greatest, in and beyond time and space is dependent on it, to be and to do. Its presence in every unit of nature and beyond nature enables all things and beings to be conscious as what or of what they are, and are to do, to be aware and conscious of all things and beings, and to progress in continuing higher degrees of being conscious towards the only one ultimate Reality-----Consciousness".

Pure Consciousness is as far as as you can go. Man's concept of God as some sort of super human with awesome nature controlling powers fades into insignificance when the truth dawns that everything in creation becomes an illusion except Consciousness.
edit on 2-2-2012 by triune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

yes but consciousness can create infinite illusions, for its sake, for others sake, for curiosities sake, for gods sake...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by triune

yes but consciousness can create infinite illusions, for its sake, for others sake, for curiosities sake, for gods sake...

On the contrary, consciousness does not do or create anything. It just IS. It is mans lack of conscious awareness, his inability to discern truth from illusion that is the problem.

If Consciousness could be said to have a purpose, it would be to provide the potential for everything in both the manifested and the unmanifested parts of the universe to evolve to ever higher levels of consciousness. Described by Percival as the 'Eternal Order of Progression'.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by triune

So God is an illusion?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

haha, good one.
1 would assume the answer will be, god creates the illusions, so as to full the unenlightened, you know: YOU, ME, and the rest of the critical thinkers. We are being fooled!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No. This logic only works using a time infinitely in the future, but that time will never exist. The only reason this seems to be a paradox is that it makes no sense at all. That's just my interpretation. if anyone actually understands this argument, please explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join