It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is within us...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
statement of observation: nearly everyone that posted believes in the New Age Spirituality Movement, or self-spirituality;

Thou shalt not judge.

Most of the people who responded did so directly from the bible.

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
i believe that true love can come only from Christ.

How sad... you are living a limited life if you label every other love from anyone as "false" except by Jesus.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Isn't you father's DNA in you? Aren't you made of earth? Didn't the Bible say that man was made in the Gods' image? Doesn't your breath come from your god's breath of life? Isn't part of the ocean and sky within you?

"In the Beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God." Doesn't that infer that the word is etched on your soul? Doesn't this imply that his word is his creation?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Is the "kingdom of God" the same as "God"?
No.

My opinion is that the path to the kingdom of God lies within you.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Romans 2:14-15 14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

The Gentiles proved the law, or the word was written on their hearts, since they had the word they had the spirit of Christ.

Colossians 1 24:27 24 26 This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. 27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

This secret was kept for centuries, since the beginning of man I assume. CHRIST LIVES IN YOU.

Galatians 1:15-1615 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.

This is Saul who was later called Paul the writer of most of the New Testament saying that God revealed to him something that had been there since he was in his mother’s womb. HIS SON IN ME, realize this meant that Paul just realized that he had been persecuting not strangers following the way but his true brothers, even watching them be stoned to death. Not hard to see why he preached with such Zeal for those who are forgiven much love much.

1 Peter 1 10-12 10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

More evidence that the SPIRIT OF CHIRST IN THEM, prior to his coming as the man Jesus.

1 John 4:1-3 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.

Jesus has COME IN THE FLESH. IN YOUR FLESH. Jesus has many names, love and peace our among them. Also one of my favorites Emanuel, which means God with Us.

Luke 17:21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

The kingdom of God is within you, you are the temple.

So the question is who has Jesus in them? The church teaches that one must say they have the son in order to receive Christ in them. But this is not true. Here is how you know who has Christ in them. And where the confusion starts. But I will clear this up for all who see this message.

1 John 4:7-15 7 Dear friends let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

***************These are 2 separate concepts that the church has merged into one*****************

13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

In the top part of the passage it is being explained who has the son in them. It is clear by this passage that EVERYONE WHO LOVES IS BORN OF GOD AND KNOWS GOD, because GOD IS LOVE. So if you love you prove the son lives in you.

The second part of the message says that you must acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God, Anyone who acknowledges this, God lives in them and THEY IN GOD.

This is 2 separate messages love proves that the son lives in you, acknowledging it proves that you live in him. You can’t live in him if you don’t acknowledge that the son lives in you. But this does not mean that the son does not live in you.

Notice these verses mention nothing about baptism, observing Sabbaths, only that those who love prove that Jesus lives in them.

So what about all the other stuff. The other stuff are all outward signs. They are good for you to observe but the one command that we must put above all others is love. Love the father and Love the neighbor as thyself.

Do you see why Paul says not to follow any man, and that there is no Jew, Greek, or Pagan there is only the son? Jesus was not teaching religion, separation, judgment or hate. If someone cannot accept that the spirit of love lives in each of us, then maybe they don’t have the spirit of love. Jesus says that it is possible to speak against him and be forgiven. I believe that many, especially with what the church has taught will reject the bible. But No one should reject that the same spirit of love lives in all of us.

The sad thing to me is the truth is found in the bible but many will not find it. Many will accept the spirit of love, but they will refuse to acknowledge that it is Jesus. Anyone who acknowledges the son will receive a level of comfort and joy that cannot be explained by words. One acknowledges the son by faith, but faith without works is dead. One must put the teaching of Christ to work if they wish to receive the greater gifts.

I believe that the word is reveling itself to us now, because it was written for us. We are in the end times and we are being given the truth by God so that we will return to him.

edit on 20-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Isn't you father's DNA in you? Aren't you made of earth? Didn't the Bible say that man was made in the Gods' image? Doesn't your breath come from your god's breath of life? Isn't part of the ocean and sky within you?

"In the Beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God." Doesn't that infer that the word is etched on your soul? Doesn't this imply that his word is his creation?

And the word became flesh. The man Jesus was the word, the Son of God, the messiah, the one who forgives us and frees us from sin. The path to our salvation.

What is the key to the word? Love. Jesus is love. Love is the word by which all things were created. All was created out of love for love. The only path to love is love.

If one loves Christ lives in them and they in him. Anyone who lives by love finds love. The father is love. Anyone who lives by love finds the father.

This is not New Age this is bible.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

And the word became flesh. The man Jesus was the word, the Son of God, the messiah, the one who forgives us and frees us from sin. The path to our salvation.

And that is where you and I disagree. This a 2nd verse, so to speak, of an age old wisdom, inserted in order to make Jesus, the man, into a god. I can't go there, sorry.

What is the key to the word? Love. Jesus is love. Love is the word by which all things were created. All was created out of love for love. The only path to love is love.

If one loves Christ lives in them and they in him. Anyone who lives by love finds love. The father is love. Anyone who lives by love finds the father.

Jesus and the Christ consciousness are 2 different things, IMHO.
edit on 20-1-2012 by windword because: ocd

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

And that is where you and I disagree. This a 2nd verse, so to speak, of an age old wisdom, inserted in order to make Jesus, the man, into a god. I can't go there, sorry.

Jesus and the Christ consciousness are 2 different things, IMHO.
edit on 20-1-2012 by windword because: ocd

Why is it so hard to believe that Jesus is the Son of God who existed before all creation with the father? Why does Jesus and the Christ conscious need to be two different things? Why do you limit God? Why would a loving creator not be part of the creation?

Why is it hard to believe that God loved us enough to provide what we needed in one book, and by his hand ensured it is the most published book in history? Why is it hard to believe that Satan would indeed pervert the word of God? Satan has caused man to believe in an interpretation that spreads judgment, hate, separation, and self righteousness.

The bible teaches what I am saying. No other religious book has been twisted by Satan, because no other book teaches the whole truth.

God is our father; he forgave us from before we were born. He proves that he chooses us by giving us the Spirit of his son so that we might know love. Anyone who can have faith in what God is trying to make obvious will enter the kingdom of heaven, which is in us. You can enter now or you can wait tell your physical death, the choice is yours. If you can believe in the father and the son, you can receive baptism of the Holy Spirit. This assures you of your forgiveness and salvation, freeing you from captivity of sin.

Satan has deceived the world just as predicted. All of the end time prophecies are happing right before your eyes. Is this fact alone not enough to convince anyone?

edit on 21-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Oh my! Where to begin.....

Why is it so hard to believe that Jesus is the Son of God who existed before all creation with the father? Why does Jesus and the Christ conscious need to be two different things? Why do you limit God? Why would a loving creator not be part of the creation?

Respectfully, I think its you who is limiting God. We are all "sons of God." We all existed, with God, before the creation. God and the creation are one.

Jesus was a man, the son of a carpenter, who was a very charismatic teacher and controversial rabbi. He taught Jewish mysticism, a practice that was "taboo" to commoners. He taught "Christ Consciousness." Christ consciousness, imo, represents the ultimate optimum potential of humanity, that is etched on our soul and ingrained in our instincts. It is our destiny.

Why is it hard to believe that God loved us enough to provide what we needed in one book, and by his hand ensured it is the most published book in history? Why is it hard to believe that Satan would indeed pervert the word of God? Satan has caused man to believe in an interpretation that spreads judgment, hate, separation, and self righteousness.

God didn't write a book. The Bible is NOT the word of God. It's full of metaphor, poems of glory, rules of engagement, and tales to answer questions asked by the fire at night.

The Bible isn't the most published book because God's its author, and HE insured its success. The Catholic Church did, and the Catholic Church published it. They marketed it for their own means, and so very cleverly marketed it to their competitors, as well.

To understand the nature of God, one only needs to look to the creation. It provides the curiousity, and is a never ending journey into the heart of God.

The bible teaches what I am saying. No other religious book has been twisted by Satan, because no other book teaches the whole truth.

What?
Why would a loving God allow Satan to defile HIS book, and yet allow respected leaders to teach that is the "whole truth?"

God is our father; he forgave us from before we were born.

Before I was born I was with God, I didn't need forgiveness and I don't need forgiveness for being born.

He proves that he chooses us by giving us the Spirit of his son so that we might know love.

The "Holy" spirit is the Christ Consciousness. It is always with us.

Anyone who can have faith in what God is trying to make obvious will enter the kingdom of heaven, which is in us.

What's obvious doesn't require faith. See, your limiting God by painting him as a frustrated being on the other side of a glass window, trying to get our attention. All the while, we are looking for him in a book, which has been corrupted by Satan. But the real message isn't the guy behind the glass or in the book he wrote, its within?

You can enter now or you can wait tell your physical death, the choice is yours. If you can believe in the father and the son, you can receive baptism of the Holy Spirit. This assures you of your forgiveness and salvation, freeing you from captivity of sin.

I didn't need a ticket to be with God before I was born and I don't recall getting a ticket for admission to life, so I'm pretty sure I don't need a ticket to go home, when all is said and done. I am not perfect and have challenges everyday, but I live my life knowing that God resides in every breath I take.

Satan has deceived the world just as predicted. All of the end time prophecies are happing right before your eyes. Is this fact alone not enough to convince anyone?

And the Bible is a recipe book for TPTB to control the masses by staging "prophesied" events or rewriting history.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
"The Kingdom of heaven is laid out upon the Earth and yet people do not see it" - Jesus

"God is love, he who lives in love lives in God and God with him" - John

"The most important: know that lord your god is one and love him, and love your neighbor as yourself" - Jesus

"Hear ye O Israel the Lord our God the Lord is one." - Quantum Entanglement

This is a LITERAL translation of Psalms 82:6:

"I -- I have said, "You are Gods, And [you are] sons of The Most High - all of you" - Psalms 82:6

Even from KING GAMES it says the same thing:

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." - Psalms 82:6

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
I'm not a Bible thumper but this was easy....

Luke 17:21

New International Version (©1984)
nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

New Living Translation (©2007)
You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."

English Standard Version (©2001)
nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

International Standard Version (©2008)
People won't be saying, 'Look! Here it is!' or 'There it is!' because now the kingdom of God is among you."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“Neither do they say, 'Behold, here it is!' and 'Behold, from here to there!', for behold, the Kingdom of God is within some of you.”

Side note - Goes to show you how many times the Bible has been rewritten and altered
edit on 19-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

Lol. Show that entire passage instead of just 1 verse because the context of that message comes from the preceding verses.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What context are we leaving out? Verse 19 is about something else. So start at verse 20:

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’[a] For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

As for you, OP, DelayedChristmas, don't you go saying that these Christians who believe in Jesus as the son of God and his father are worshiping "idols" just because they follow a verse in the bible saying that the kingdom of God is within.

If you didn't want to know the biblical scripture you shouldn't have asked.

edit on 21-1-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join