It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the Rtanj is a pyramid and the biggest one in the whole world? Evidence!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Unlikely why? Because there aren't any pyramid underneath the mountain?
Legends says that underneath this mountain you can find treasure and it's the biggest one in the world.
I know it's just a legend, but there are some truth in legends, right?

Scientists went to Rtanj, of course, but none, not one scientist went underneath Rtanj because they don't have resources!

And as i said, I wouldn't just drop this research because this people worked hard on it.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
reply to post by Byrd

Unlikely why? Because there aren't any pyramid underneath the mountain?
Legends says that underneath this mountain you can find treasure and it's the biggest one in the world.
I know it's just a legend, but there are some truth in legends, right?

Scientists went to Rtanj, of course, but none, not one scientist went underneath Rtanj because they don't have resources!

And as i said, I wouldn't just drop this research because this people worked hard on it.

Treasure!
Now you got my attention!
Lets find it!
However this pyramid idea has been around at keast 5 years, you would think a scan has been done already.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Yes, but as i said, they don't have resources.
Government doesn't want to invest into this project.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

It would not take very little in the way of resoures to find:

The quarry

The rubble from construction

The village or habitation where the workers lived as they built it

That can be done with a surface survey and test pits. If you used partially trained graduate students you could do such a study for less than 20k USD and probably less with more voluntary workers

What types of pottery sherds are found within 1/2 kilometer of the hill?
edit on 21/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Sorry mate, but I don't have that info.

Nice suggestion. I'll try to gather some people to help me with that. I was just thinking of going again to Rtanj and investigating...But you need to know that I'm not an expert

I really hope that Rtanj will get intention so it could be investigated properly.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Sorry mate, but I don't have that info.

Nice suggestion. I'll try to gather some people to help me with that. I was just thinking of going again to Rtanj and investigating...But you need to know that I'm not an expert

I really hope that Rtanj will get intention so it could be investigated properly

Well unless you or someone else can find such things little if any archaeological interest will be directed at that hill. Archaeological evidence for a construction of that size would leave a sizable and fairly easily detected presence.
edit on 21/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Ohh wath the hell, i will flag you (i pressume that a good thing?).
I still think its bollocks, but why not speculate. No harm, no foul.
I may go down and even investigate.
Incidently, do you have any ideas where attilas grave may be?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I know, but just imagine if Rtanj is actually a pyramid? It would be the biggest one in the whole world!
I don't know what else do you need to start investigating this hypothesis?( I think archaeological community not you specific)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I know, but just imagine if Rtanj is actually a pyramid? It would be the biggest one in the whole world!
I don't know what else do you need to start investigating this hypothesis?( I think archaeological community not you specific)

An informal investigation would take a few days and would need the permission of the land owners -as noted above you just need to find where the that huge volume of soil/rock was taken from. Access earlier geological studies of the area to see what the mountain/area is made up of - or have some one do it.* That is your start and a surface walk will show if there is any collection of sherds and stone tools in the area (considering the area there will be as people have been in that area for 30,000+ years.

I would suspect that the Austro-Hungarians would have done such geological studies in the 1880's probably by the Kaiserliche Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien (Vienna) or one of the other services such as the Österreichische Geographische Gesellschaft or Magyar Tudományos Akadémia.

Perhaps an easier way would be to find the local Librarian and ask about anyone who has an antiquarian interest in the area (in the west such people also seem to exist), a local historian and ask them. The nearest University would also have any geological information on the area
edit on 22/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

An informal investigation would take a few days and would need the permission of the land owners -as noted above you just need to find where the that huge volume of soil/rock was taken from. Access earlier geological studies of the area to see what the mountain/area is made up of - or have some one do it.* That is your start and a surface walk will show if there is any collection of sherds and stone tools in the area (considering the area there will be as people have been in that area for 30,000+ years.

I would suspect that the Austro-Hungarians would have done such geological studies in the 1880's probably by the Kaiserliche Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien (Vienna) or one of the other services such as the Österreichische Geographische Gesellschaft or Magyar Tudományos Akadémia.

Perhaps an easier way would be to find the local Librarian and ask about anyone who has an antiquarian interest in the area (in the west such people also seem to exist), a local historian and ask them. The nearest University would also have any geological information on the area
edit on 22/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

I went to library, and they said that they don't have that kind of information..And University said that they will contact me as soon as they find something about it....
I'm planning to go to Rtanj with few friends who have the necessary equipment for the research...And I'll be going there within the week...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Nikola,
Thanks for a very Interesting thread.
Have a quick search on youtube for "Indonesian Pyramids" there is a 4 minute power point presentation on very pyramid like mountains in various parts of Indonesia. I cannot paste it for you as I dont have access on this p.c.
It is well worth watching as there are at least 2 examples of mountain sized pyramids with extremely straight edges. Of course they are covered in soil now and overgrown with vegetation but the geometric shapes are unmistakeable.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I went to library, and they said that they don't have that kind of information..And University said that they will contact me as soon as they find something about it....
I'm planning to go to Rtanj with few friends who have the necessary equipment for the research...And I'll be going there within the week...

A good geological map of the area will tell you more (those are usually available from a number of sources. Wikipedia has information on the geology -- it's basically upthrust limestone with karst sinkholes (so watch your step. It's riddled with natural caves.) Wikipedia has a good relief map of the area, which gives more information than the topo map you posted.

The second image on this page has an even more detailed map: www.mountain-forecast.com... Notice the multiple erosion valleys and the shape -- which really isn't a pyramid.

But if you aren't convinced by maps, I suggest that you visit the mines. They lead into the mountain. If this was a pyramid, all they would have to do to get to treasures/salt/whatever is just take out blocks instead of blasting through rock.

Geological descriptions of the area:

The entire part of Serbia east of the Great and South Morava rivers is referred to as "Carpatho-Balkan arc" in geotectonic terminology. The region is composed of rocks of Proterozoic to Quaternary age. Limestones and dolomites (in a lesser extent) of Jurassic (J2, J3) and Lower Cretaceous (K1+2, K3+4) age whose thickness can be more than 1,000 m. The structures are generally oriented in north-south direction, which bend on northern and southern parts, forming a C-shaped arc.[3]

Though those mountains are related to the Carpathians from the geological point of view, they have been included to them by the scientists only at the end of the 20. century. In the past, those mountains were included by mistake to the Balkan mountains.
en.wikipedia.org...

In any case, I think it's a FUN excursion idea and I hope you bring us back pictures! I doubt, however, you'll find any pyramids The area has been farmed and mined and studied for resource mining -- people would have noticed if there was a pyramid shaped area where you could conveniently pick up quarried blocks of limestone to make houses and other things with.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

First, I want to thank you for the information you gave me.
I appreciate it.

I don't think I'll find the pyramid, but I'm hoping to find clues which indicate there is really a pyramid...
While I am there, I'll talk with local people, maybe they know something...

In any case, it's going to be a "wild" trip!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I believe that the Holy Mountain of the Dacians is this pyramid.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
TC, did you ever take the trip? Did you find anything of interest? Any photos?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
TC, did you ever take the trip? Did you find anything of interest? Any photos?

I'd suggest you send them a PM he may not be monitoring this thread

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Yes. I've been there a few times, and I'm planning on going back on 21. decembar 2012, since I believe a lot of people will go there then.

I have a couple of photos, but I don't think it can be of a lot of help. But, on the other hand, I have a full hand of experience while I was there.

Once you enter the surroundings of Rtanj, you can clearly feel "something" different in the air. I can't explain it, I asked my guide what this feeling is, he said once you enter here, the vibes changes. He also said it's because of a different electro-magnetic variations. Then, i talked with people who live there and got few interesting legends and myths. They first told me that it is said that if you drink Rtanj's tea, it heals you from the inside. People there used it for a medical treatment for almost anything.

Then, I asked them what do they think Rtanj is. I got a couple of different answers. But I will said only one, which is particularly interesting to me. It is said that beneath Rtanj, you can find an alien base. They said there are going some strange activities there. Seeing all kinds of lights, pressure going up and down...etc.

Then I went on Rtanj mountain. It is a very big mountain. I found there many researchers, and talked with them for a while. They told me nothing new, except if they had more money, they could do a better research. And they wonder how come no one from the archaeological community came here to investigate it.

I continued by myself. Rtanj is a really strange place. You can feel it. At the same time, it's so beautiful. I mean, the nature is just fascinating there.

Like I said, i will go there on decembar 21. I hope i will find something interesting, i prepared everything. Hopefully I will discover something.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join