It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China turns against Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No offense taken. I think that because North Korea threatens their neighbours every month, and Iran isn't half as vocal, only compounds the proof that the deterrent is working. There is no sense in isolating a country to prevent them from Nuclear proliferation; besides which, Iran are a signatory of that treaty, Israel, not so much... and they do have nukes.

reply to post by Aeons

Carefully chosen, caring words. I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You want me to choose careful words over North Korea and their very own country killing Fat Bomb bomb?

And I mean Kim Jong-Un.

news.nationalpost.com...

“We want peace and tranquility in the region. But some of the countries in our region, they want to direct other countries 12,000 miles away from this region,” Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said in English during a visit to Turkey.

The remark was an apparent reference to the alliance of Iran’s Arab neighbours with Washington, which maintains a huge fleet in the Gulf and says it will keep the waterway open.

“I am calling to all countries in the region, please don’t let yourselves be dragged into a dangerous position,” he told Turkey’s NTV broadcaster.

If anyone finds the full transcript of this little chat, link me up!

There is some context missing here. Is this a warning to Turkey as well, or is this coming from inside Turkey because Turkey is playing Ottoman Empire host?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by citizen6511
if Iran can have a sufficiently capable conventional missile strike, through mad, it could provide it's security.

the most logical defence would be...

Building a missile defense shield?

in worst case scenario, and iran is attacked.
all iran needs is conventional missiles abel to destroy the oil facilities of the gulf region.
these are siting ducks, easy to target.

and an occasional volley of anti ship missiles at the chanel in the straight of hormuz.

if iran can defend itself, it won't be attacked.

then no one attacks iran, problem solved, and diplomacy can dance for decades.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
china's technology just looks good. unfortunately it all falls to pieces after about 2 minutes in action.Chinas ICBMS are made by the Black Cat Firework company

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think before anyone of the country's with nuclear power or nuclear bombs should practice what they preach before pushing what they think other country's should and should not have. If they want to build power plants so they can have warmth cook and everything else that comes along with having a stable supply of power go for it, just like the USA China and any other country's that uses nuclear power. As for making bombs well how many do the US have or china....? how about dismantle the lot then start preaching.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Given Iran's vast oil fields nuclear power isn't needed and can only be seen as Iran's intent to someday develop the bomb.

I disagree with this statement. Oil isn't going to last forever, why can't a country take steps to lower its dependence on oil? A lot of countries are going the nuclear power route, why not Iran?

They are on an ocean of it. They have currents around them for good wave energy. They are near the equator, with plenty of good use for solar. They are warm, so don't have the same energy consumption of citizens of a colder nation.

They have no need of it. They want it for a different type of "power."

I agree wholeheartedly.

Iran is taking the same route North Korea did.

The big Nuclear Bomb Lie, "Nuclear Ambitions=Peaceful Purposes".

That is until they create the bomb in one of their hidden underground bases.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What I don't get is how can China or any other country that have nuclear weapons criticize Iran for having them? Hypocrisy at its finest. To be frank no one should have them.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This means thanks to Iran's ignorance they just cut their own throat. China found its extra oil supply elsewhere and they will hang Iran out to dry and not risk war with their number one customer the U.S.

The problem is Russia. Russia is now an oil producing powerhouse and shares a border with Iran. Any threat by the U.S. in a actual invasion of Iran during the cold war meant certain battle with the Warsaw Pact.

The Question is what will Russia do today? I know U.S. Generals and Admirals are not real worried about Russia anymore but Russia with the Persians and Arabs on their side they do.

I know Russia does not want war with the U.S. or Israel for that matter but I think some old General's in the Kremlin will fight real hard when they see another country on its border look like it will fall into NATO hands. Just look at the recent pooh talk that happened over Ukraine trying to get into NATO.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
What I don't get is how can China or any other country that have nuclear weapons criticize Iran for having them? Hypocrisy at its finest. To be frank no one should have them.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

The Chicoms are not bat shat crazy like the current leaders are in Iran. Only wack jobs like NK, Syria and Venesula want them to have the bomb so they can be the axis of idiots together.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
To be frank no one should have them.

Agreed.

And especially China's little Yippy Yappy Lap dog North Korea as well.

edit on 19-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
china's technology just looks good. unfortunately it all falls to pieces after about 2 minutes in action.Chinas ICBMS are made by the Black Cat Firework company

Keep thinking that way...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Beijing talking tough on Iran strait shutdown

China has expressed its clearest objection yet to Iran's threat to close the Strait of Hormuz in retaliation against new US sanctions, as Premier Wen Jiabao wrapped up a visit to the Middle East.

"Everyone is concerned about the security of the Strait of Hormuz, because it is an important international passage," Wen said at a press conference in Doha, Qatar, on Wednesday at the end of a six-day trip that also included stops in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

Looks like you're right, they are turning against Iran.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You want me to choose careful words over North Korea and their very own country killing Fat Bomb bomb?

And I mean Kim Jong-Un.

That would have been way better if I'd caught my mistake several hours ago.

You want me to choose careful words over North Korea and their very own country killing Fat Boy?

So now then defenders of Iran's peaceful ambitions. What are you going to do if Iran does do what everyone knows they will?

You're ready to live with an unstable Pakistan, an unstable Aghanistan both spinning out Jihadis like they are a factory line? Turkey and the Sauds making deals to get their hands on quick nuke tech? Libya's "reformers" using their Chinese run petroleum fields to buy themselves some?

Then the real fun starts.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's about time China opened their mouth about this! They have being playing all sides of the equation to figure out whom to put their money on. In all reality, they are more concerned about their business ties with Iran and the oil output. Apparently, these new sanctions are expected to disrupt Iranian oil exports and central banking. Did China just blink? Personally, I think they care more about business than Iran getting the bomb.

I have to admit war against Iran would seriously hinder their bottom line. War is bad for business! Lets hope they are as serious about their statement as the US and Israel? Hopefully, China can get Iran to tone down the tough guy talk and to the bargaining table for legitimate negotiations? That can only happen when Iran takes an earnest approach to alleviating the concerns by the West about their nuclear program. Lets wait and see . . .
edit on 19-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I question the title, the article and the source.

Notice, the source claims that China condemned Iran, which is a border line lie, this is not a condemnation at all, this is a reiteration that it is against International law for Iran to obtain a nuclear weapon, and China is against that. Without a doubt, the source only publishes one small quote, I'm sure China reiterates that Iran has the right to obtain peaceful nuclear technology, but that part is not important - RIGHT?

China also reiterates that Chinese and Iranian oil trade is normal, but that was published in a different Telegraph article.

He said "Legitimate trade should be protected, otherwise the world economic order would fall into turmoil," that can be considered a condemnation of US oil embargo against Iran.

I think this article puts things in to perspective:
www.veteranstoday.com...

It is about US interests in international market, destroy the competition, whether it be military or economic. This is business as usual, and Iranian Central Bank is also a threat to US interests, another obvious target which people were talking about, but now people can see the evidence after new rounds of sanctions.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Russian General already warned that nuclear war is not out of option and the situation could evolve towards that direction if US continues to meddle and if the NATO eastward expansion doesn't stop.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
China may cut 1/2 of its oil imported directly from Iran, but it can make up the shortfall by purchasing the other 1/2 using Turkey as the middle man.

Turkey, Iran eye closer financial ties

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I still wonder if Iran is trying to pull the same trick as Israel with there "nuclear ambiguity" (also known as "nuclear opacity"). Israel has never officially admitted to having nuclear weapons, instead repeating over the years that it would not be the first country to "introduce" nuclear weapons to the Middle East, leaving ambiguity as to whether it means it will not create, will not disclose, will not make first use of the weapons or possibly some other interpretation of the phrase.

There are a number of countries that could build nuclear weapons the leading one being Japan.

Japan could with all the nuclear resources they have build a weapon i believe in 90 days if attacked with a nuclear weapon from say North Korea.
They have all the manufacturing base, the engineers, and the reprocessing plant to convert spent fuel rods to nuclear weapons pits.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Suppose other nations have a hidden capability that isn't flaunted like the space-race, or the cold-war?

All the bullying arrogance of this warring nation state since 9-11 showing-off all it's capabilities is almost like thinking one's self is invincible to nations that don't flaunt their capabilities; until it's not to flaunt but to punish...

?
edit on (1/20/1212 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The last i heard was that China and Russia were selling weapons to Iran and were standing by them.This was only short while ago too so i think this is a non story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join