It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Told You S0: Newt 33% / Romney 31% / Paul 15% - Rasmussen Report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Ron is ignored because in the debates CNN is controlled by interests that Ron is not interested in. So is Fox news. They have their own agenda. The Banks control the media, and Ron wants to do away with the federal reserve that is why the media ignores him, not because of his policies which are spot on perfect.

If it is comes down to Newt vs Ron Paul in the end who do you think is gonna win in the debates. Ron is gonna call him all out.

Did you see the video in which Newt said that there should be terrorist attacks in America? Do you remember 9.11?
edit on 21-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

When the polling numbers come out for Hillary, she will blow away Newt, Romney, Santorum &
Ron Paul.

That's when Obama will head out to the golf course.

Why do think this poll was even conducted???

Hillary Polling Well

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Newt is much more qualified to be POTUS than Romney or Obama and Newt's much more intelligent than all of 'em (except for Huntsman who is out). But the man has more baggage than a NYC bus station. Newt is obnoxious and he isn't trustworthy. His past HAS to be factored in ... all that screwing and cheating on the ex wives, and telling lies and ethics violations etc etc ... we can't have a POTUS who could have surprises in his/her background and be blackmailed.

Qualified smart guy .... but
on Newt.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
People complain about politians being liars but want to put a known cheater and liar in the White House. America, quit voting based on witty one-liners and debate rhetoric. You pick up a snake, expect to get bit.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Newt is much more qualified to be POTUS than Romney or Obama and Newt's much more intelligent than all of 'em (except for Huntsman who is out). But the man has more baggage than a NYC bus station. Newt is obnoxious and he isn't trustworthy. His past HAS to be factored in ... all that screwing and cheating on the ex wives, and telling lies and ethics violations etc etc ... we can't have a POTUS who could have surprises in his/her background and be blackmailed.

Qualified smart guy .... but
on Newt.

It has to be Newt over Mitt Romney.

David Axelrod is drooling over Mitt Romney / Gordon Gecko.

He is their richest 1% poster boy.

All of those Cayman Island bank accounts are just icing for the cake.

------
They will have to throw out all of the Mitt Romney ads if Newt takes the lead.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
People complain about politians being liars but want to put a known cheater and liar in the White House. America, quit voting based on witty one-liners and debate rhetoric. You pick up a snake, expect to get bit.

Rick Perry says Newt is not the perfect guy but who among us is?

---------
Newt will work out well.
The voters have figured out the DNC hacks at CNN and ABC. They looked like
fools at the CNN debate. I think John King is hiding under his desk.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
newt sounds like kermit the frog and looks like miss piggy without make up. call me shallow or what not but i don't want the potus being a hybrid muppets character...

then again, no republican candidate will do a good job. the thing that the republican party doesn't seem to notice is trying to cut social security, medicaid & medicare, wanting to lower corporate taxes, lowering taxes for the elites, more deregulation of wall street, starting more wars, etc...

they aren't gonna create more jobs; they aren't gonna make the economy better for the middle class; they are gonna take away the benefits of senior citizens; state run colleges will keep on increasing fees; i don't see things improving this decade or any time soon. these aholes are deliberately saying in these debates, we are gonna get rid of the middle class to make the rich get richer.

sadly, none of these candidates have a chance to win against obama. hate to say this but it's gonna be another 4 years of osama i mean obama. things are looking grim...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I am not here to tell you which candidate to vote for, but I would like to point out the rhetoric and propaganda that you have used throughout this thread.

Obama is The Food Stamp President and the Keystone Pipeline Job Destroyer!

You have made this statement many times! First thing we have to look at is that the economy was trending downward when Obama took office. Obama continued the expensive wars and Bush economic policies after he came into office. That is exactly what McCain would have done had he been elected.

So indirectly you are making the case for a different tax/spending structure than what the Republicans put in place, and making the case for ending all oversees expenditures. Which candidate does that sound like?

The Keystone pipeline is not a black and white issue as you make it seem. Over 60% of the nation was against the pipeline. Add to that the fact that Nebraska residents overwhelmingly said they were not willing to let the pipeline be run through their state, and you have a very complicated issue.

Let's also not forget that there are a myriad of known/unknown environmental and health issues surrounding the pipeline that have not been answered. So it would be silly to move forward on a project that has the potential to fail horribly. Kind of like Solyndra!

Also, if we are going to be consistent in our conservative beliefs, why would we allow big government to dictate power over a private venture? Private companies have to "sell" the idea to all of the people and communities effected. What you are asking the government top do is allow big government to dictate what a corporation can or cannot do without listening to the will of the people.

So the real question is: Are you actually a conservative?

Ron Pauls position on Iran is adolescent. Of all the candidates Ron Paul stands alone. No one agrees with him.

I agree with him. Many other people do as well. So your argument is false.

When I was in school, it was the immature bullies that picked fights with the smart/quiet kids so they could boost their own self-esteem and look tough. Apply that same way of thinking to modern politics and it seems that the people cheering to invade or bomb Iran are the numbskull adolescents.

Ron Paul stands alone? Good! I'm glad we actually have a choice that doesn't mirror everyone else on the ticket. What your statement proves is that Newt, Romney and Santorum are one in the same. No difference between them at all. Sure their delivery is different, but their ideas are the same.

The United States stands with Israel.

Why is that? Do you know why the US stand with Israel so closely? Is it because they have similar interests in economies and political structure? No, it's because Israel uses their Jewish heritage as a tool against those who do not support Israel, and the US cant be seen as being anti-semetic(sp). Its because they are Jewish pal. Like it or not, its all about religion. Something out forefathers warned us about.

Lets just go preemptively attack Iran. That's it. No one wants Iran to have a nuclear bomb. The rest of the world would cheer us on if we grabbed the nukes away from Iran.

No, I believe that the US would have a certain section of the world that would see this as the final straw, our actions would have finally proven to the world that we are an overly-aggressive bully, and we risk the chance that Russia, China and other nations would respond. We do not have the full support of the world to intervene in Iran. But we sure do think it's our business to do so, don't we?

Let me close this post by saying that I respect your opinion, and you have the right to express it. I would only suggest that you look into all facts and historical references that pertain to these issues. You would see that the road we are taking, and the propaganda that people talk is quickly bringing us to the next "fall of Rome" when the US oversteps its bounds.

You , sir, are speaking propaganda! You are making wild claims that cannot be proven or are not rooted in fact. Be very careful when you regurgitate talking points and quirky lines from Fox News personalities! You are in effect helping perpetuate the next step towards WW3.

Thanks
edit on 21-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I get that Newt is brilliant. I get that he's totally qualified. I get that he's up on everything international and knows business and the defense industry. I get that he's better qualified than anyone else (except Huntsman) and that he's even more qualified than Obama.

But he's got TONS OF BAGGAGE. He reeks of it.

He could easily bury Obama in a debate. Obama isn't nearly as bright as Newt and Obama doesn't have the energy level that Newt has. BUT the cold hard fact is that all that baggage will make it very unlikely that Newt could beat Obama ... even with Obama as bad as he is.

Romney - while not nearly as qualified - could beat Obama.

Side note - I think this field SUCKS.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Ron Paul wants to wait for the nuke to go off in one of our major cities and THEN go get who did it! Bad idea. When are the Ron Paul Zombies going to wake up? Being an isolationist is a recipe for disaster.

I disagree!

I believe what the Un-United States of America is doing now is isolationistic (I made up the word.. because I can)! You think bombing/raping/Embezzling/cheating/lying/brainwashing/murdering/dictating/assassinating/torturing/preemptive warring/ warring without a declaration/spying/ignoring the constitution/starving/poisoning/conspiring...ect.. is bringing your country closer to other nations?

NO!

Ron Paul is the exact opposite of that belief and because of it.. it will bring ties closer to other nations of this world. The USA needs Ron Paul! Because the empire of the world right now is still the USA; The world NEEDS Ron Paul!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I get that Newt is brilliant. I get that he's totally qualified. I get that he's up on everything international and knows business and the defense industry. I get that he's better qualified than anyone else (except Huntsman) and that he's even more qualified than Obama.

But he's got TONS OF BAGGAGE. He reeks of it.

He could easily bury Obama in a debate. Obama isn't nearly as bright as Newt and Obama doesn't have the energy level that Newt has. BUT the cold hard fact is that all that baggage will make it very unlikely that Newt could beat Obama ... even with Obama as bad as he is.

Romney - while not nearly as qualified - could beat Obama.

Side note - I think this field SUCKS.

Bill Clinton also had tons of baggage but he got elected and then re-elected!
The economy trumps - everything -.
The number one concern for America is the economy.

Remember James Carville? It's the economy stupid.

Americans are ignoring the tons of garbage and voting for Newt. Look at the polling data.

It's is ALL about Jobs - Jobs - Jobs & ignore the garbage and the ABC/CNN fools.

Just watch the 2 standing ovations Newt got at the debate.
- Newt Dominates -

edit on 21-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

Ron Paul wants to wait for the nuke to go off in one of our major cities and THEN go get who did it! Bad idea. When are the Ron Paul Zombies going to wake up? Being an isolationist is a recipe for disaster.

I disagree!

I believe what the Un-United States of America is doing now is isolationistic (I made up the word.. because I can)! You think bombing/raping/Embezzling/cheating/lying/brainwashing/murdering/dictating/assassinating/torturing/preemptive warring/ warring without a declaration/spying/ignoring the constitution/starving/poisoning/conspiring...ect.. is bringing your country closer to other nations?

NO!

Ron Paul is the exact opposite of that belief and because of it.. it will bring ties closer to other nations of this world. The USA needs Ron Paul! Because the empire of the world right now is still the USA; The world NEEDS Ron Paul!

It will never happen.

I'll be glad when the reality distortion field gets turned off for you November 2012.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If you would be so kind as to respond to my post, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Go ahead and vote for Ron Paul. Good luck.

BTW, the United States stands with Israel. Anyways has and always will.
That will never change. Get over it.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I was hoping for a little bit more reciprocation on the issues. There are many posts in this thread in which you made specific claims as to why Newt is the man to vote for. I made comments to the contrary. If you are going to sway my opinion and make your case here on ATS, you have to show me where I am wrong or misguided.

So please, lets discuss the issues and see if you can make your case.

ETA:

BTW, the United States stands with Israel. Anyways has and always will. That will never change. Get over it.

Ok, why? There is a reason and I would like to know why you come to that conclusion.

edit on 21-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Because no one else will.

The United States is a Judeo-Christian nation.

We helped form the state of Israel after World War 2.

They are surrounded by enemies. They need our help and we give it to them gladly.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Actually, the US is a nation of many different people, faiths or lack thereof. Our founders specifically warned against religious zealotry and control of government. So be very careful claiming the US is a Judeo-Christian nation because you alienate everyone else (a majority) of those whom do not fall into that particular category.

So the relationship you claim we have with Israel would be, in fact, contradictory to the spirit of the constitution.

They are surrounded by enemies.

Do you know why their neighbors are not friendly to Israel?

Will you please comment on the issues I brought up in my first post?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I do not care WHAT the polling numbers say for Hillary.

It is only because the general public is not aware of some of the horrors of the state dept in wikileaks.

I don't think she'll run. I don't think she'll want it to come out.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Have to shake my head at this thread. How many lies will it take for people to get off the idiot bandwagon and start thinking for themselves a little bit? Honestly, after the bull# of this decade I am convinced it will never happen.

Gingrich will be different from Obama like Obama was different from Bush. A vote for anyone but Ron Paul is an endorsement of the last 12 years. We get the government we deserve.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dontshoot

This is Ron Pauls last shot.

In 2016 Ron Paul will be 81 years old!

What then? I think Newt will be an 8 year president.

- Newt Getting Standing Ovations -

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join