It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by Linkamoto
I cannot stand how Ron Paul will sometimes completely butcher an answer by stuttering all over himself, then the next answer will be an elegant thing of beauty. Ugh!

Its frustrating but he's old - and Americans were utterly deluded when he was young and saying the exact same things more eloquently.

You're right on that. At least some more people are alert to his beliefs nowadays, as opposed to virtually none way back when.

link   
Romney using Gorden Gekko speech

Greed is good

link   
I wish ATS updated in real time you guys are flying with responses

link   
These people truly are the definition of "unbelievable". The pure scripting of these mainstream candidates replies and rhetoric should be enough for the American public to see through. And god forbid we take the time to look into these individual's records and true policies/beliefs.

The only true candidate for change to the establishment is Ron Paul. Any other choice is a different side of the same coin. You can teach a man to fish, but if he doesn't employ that lesson and starves, what can you do?? If the American people don't break this trance and demand true change, unfortunately we deserve our fate.

link   
Listening to Romney is like listening to Obama describe how we was different than Bush in 2008. I don't buy any of it. When Romney says capitalism he means 'debt' and when he says freedom he means 'tyranny'.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
wow this guy just side stepped a math question and pivoted to Obama and 'free market capitalism'

ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!

He only had the programmed in sound bites to work with....

link   
Nothing wrong about profit? yea for you? what about the families you destroyed when you chopped up businesses? you helping other companies doesn't negate the fact that you ruined lives all for 'profit' you make me sick mitt!

link   
Yeah, RP got an early question, but let's see how long it takes to get back to him!

I hope Dr Paul talks over the time alotted as everyone else does.

link   
Just for everybody who thinks CNN is being fair to Ron, just take into consideration that it gets harder to ignore candidates on stage as they dwindle down.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wish all you guys would go into Chat during the debate...I like the thread too...but Chat would be fun.

link   
I know it's been said time and time again, but Romney's perpetual slimy grin he wears is so disturbing. Does anyone else get the feeling that he is literally, like, sort of psychologically not all there? He appears emotionless to me, I swear.

link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Yeah, RP got an early question, but let's see how long it takes to get back to him!

I hope Dr Paul talks over the time alotted as everyone else does.

This is very cool ^.......on a side note, everything Rick Santorum says makes my skin crawl. The guy just seems so fake.

link   
santorums a jobber along with mitt and newt

link   
this debate... feels like ive... seen it before...

link   

Nothing wrong about profit? yea for you? what about the families you destroyed when you chopped up businesses? you helping other companies doesn't negate the fact that you ruined lives all for 'profit' you make me sick mitt!

I can understand closing failing businesses but I can't abide destroying communities. Its been going on for 40 years - small town after small town has lost industry and had it replaced by Walmart, McDonalds, and Burger King. Driving through the south is mostly depressing. Its all thanks to people like Romney.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Santorums answer was so long....

link   

Hate to break this to you...but Ron Paul has no problem with profit either.

In fact, he wants to remove regulations that are in place that prevent some predatory practices.

link   
Ron's answer about creating jobs is poor. He gives a few generalities but loses points when he goes after his talking points which aren't specifically tied (in the mind of the public) to creating jobs. Newt is primed with specific programs and companies and models. Romney is another one with nice broad generalities but never addresses the specifics and then attacks Obama and never answers the question. When attacked on Bain, he deflects the attack onto Obama. Santorum comes up with the "food stamps" angle -- and the "Iowa" and "dependence" statement is going to be fact checked. He finally gets around to "building jobs" and all that he does is say "I did it." The crowd is clearly not that impressed, either. Lots of vagueness.

Romney gets points for a direct and on the target response.

link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Just for everybody who thinks CNN is being fair to Ron, just take into consideration that it gets harder to ignore candidates on stage as they dwindle down.

Wonder what they'll do when it's down to Paul and one other on the stage.....

link   
Romney's perpetual grin looks like a child molester at a tiny tot pageant

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join