Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy
reply to post by mcdgray129

If I had access I would funnel an absentee ballot to you mate. You have a better understanding than many citizens of the US.

Mickey Mouse signed one for the primaries......and where is Obama now.....in Disney, thanking him for his vote.

Thanks
star for you
hahaha. And Ron Pauls message touches so many people, thats why so many people even outside of America likes him

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by MeesterB
I don't really get how RP can talk about cutting overseas spending and the point just gets ignored by all the other candidates. Is it because they can't argue with it?

They believe we want to be at constant war.

2nd

Exactly.. the other candidates know they can't make claims concerning imperialism because that's what they work for! Imperialism is their platform. And they're afraid of the scolding phone call they'd get from their globalist handlers tomorrow morning. I hear being verbally abused by powerful war-profiteering, mafia financiers isn't a fun way to start your day..

It's like when Obama claimed he'd repeal NAFTA when he was running and then Canada called his campaign office and asked if this was true, and they assured the Canadian government it was 'merely campaign rhetoric'

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Grimpachi
When Ron Paul says things like need to get out of South Korea that's where he loses me as a veteran and having served their I know the importance of why we need to be there and so should he.

So you disagree with your brothers in uniform?
He gets the most active duty donations than everyone else combined

I checked the numbers, and actually Obama gets more donations than Paul. Hunt the figures up for yourself. So the talking point should be "more active duty donations than any other Republican candidate."

It depends what Quarter you're talking about.. during one quarter, Ron got more than all the other Repubs COMBINED, AND more than Obama. And more recently, he got more than TWICE as much as all other Repubs combined... don't know about the Obama factor though. But yes, during at least one quarter he got more than Obama

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ok on Newt's affair question this just seems like a way to make him look like a better choice. Now on the standing ovation that's 2 debates in a row but what I found funny with the video of it was there was a line of 5 people there they looked to their left and thought oh everyone else is standing guess we better too they were all just sheep copying a small group. If anyone is near the debates of the future get a group of 20 and if RP makes an awesome statement just stand and see if everyone else copies bet you they do

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Obama might do slightly better but who cares how much coverage has RP had compared to the likes of the rest if RP is only a few points behind that isn't bad in my eyes when he has has has a very small percentage of news feed

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I thought Perry bowed out and is supporting Newt???

I'm a little curious . . . how many on this thread, see Newt as I do . . .

a dyed-in-the-wool globalist RINO???

And . . . Ron Paul as a . . . globalist wild card???

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
Ok on Newt's affair question this just seems like a way to make him look like a better choice. Now on the standing ovation that's 2 debates in a row but what I found funny with the video of it was there was a line of 5 people there they looked to their left and thought oh everyone else is standing guess we better too they were all just sheep copying a small group. If anyone is near the debates of the future get a group of 20 and if RP makes an awesome statement just stand and see if everyone else copies bet you they do

Outstanding debate! Of course, Newt gets the standing ovations.
The CNN moderator looked like he was looking for closet to hide in.
He tried to shift blame to ABC but it didn't work.
------------
Obama the Food Stamp President is in deep trouble. South Carolina is ready for battle.
The Boeing/NLRB mess and the Keystone Pipeline disaster has Obama labeled as
the Job Destroyer.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

It's God's teaching forever. He decides life and death not us, He created you and and He decides when He will take you home, the littlest, most innocent home to Him too.

So why are you using - with all due respect - a failed and imcomplete understanding of this one issue to shoulder aside a candidate who defends indisputable life, for those who advocate war, sanctions that kill, and all sorts of limits on liberty otherwise? Rick Santorum is a fear-driven warmonger, and the rest fall not far behind him - you speak of pro-life, but operate in the most backwards understanding of it.

A miscarriage is God's action. Contraception is a selfish act for pleasure. Sex is for marriage and procreation, both.

I have to disagree - if you're going to attribute a miscarriage to God's direct action (which doesn't even apply to lack of fetal implantation in the uterus, two very different things), then you have to say that every chance thing is his direct action, which I have to argue. Yes, god designed these processes, but they are natural processes and I do not believe that he personally crafts every one specifically - otherwise he is equally responsible for every cast of the dice, every spin of the wheel and every other chance thing that happens in the world - has quite a lot of atrocities to answer for directly, as that also makes him directly responsible for tubal and ectopic pregnancies, children being born without brains, all the deformed children being born in Iraq and other places (which I would much rather attribute to the chemical effects of DU ammunition used in the area, or something else we've introduced directly to cause the rise of such), and everything else.

Yes, he's the ultimate author of life and its processes, but I do not believe he actively crafts every single things that happens in our reality. There is also will, and there is also chance - despite the Psalm's lovely poetry.

You repeat the same thing not understanding what it is...a "fertilized egg." Life begins at conception.

Agreed - the process of life, that ends in a human. Conception, however, does not equal a human nor a soul. You can continue to insist on your belief and faith for saying such, but that is the only thing you'll have supporting such a claim.

You do "see" though, a change of "morality", yes, the times, accepting grave sin as not being a sin at all now!

Like accepting fear-driven warmakers over the sons of god trying to make peace?

What are you talking about friend, "no evidence?" Have you ever seen a ultrasound and the modern fetal photography the time lapsed? It's been divinely revealed, at the moment of fertilization, there is a new human person with a body and a soul. "I knew you before you were born" and
"I knit you in your mother's womb" such loving verses from Scripture.

Yes. I've seen ultrasounds and I'm very well familiar with fetal development - meaning I also know that a morning-after pill used with 48 hours of fertilization that we have no way if knowing has even occurred and has a very good chance of not naturally implanting anyway affects in no way, shape, or form anything resembling a human body or soul.

For clarity, here's what we're looking at at THREE WEEKS from fertilization:

Week 3
Gestational age: 2 (whole) weeks old. 15–21 days from last menstruation.
Embryonic age: Week nr 1. 0 (whole) weeks old. 1–7 days from fertilization.
1) Fertilization of the ovum to form a new human organism, the human zygote. (day 1 of fert.)
2) The zygote undergoes mitotic cellular divisions, but does not increase in size. This mitosis is also known as cleavage. A hollow cavity forms marking the blastocyst stage. (day 1.5–3 of fert.)
3) The blastocyst contains only a thin rim of trophoblast cells and a clump of cells at one end known as the "embryonic pole" which include embryonic stem cells.
4) The embryo hatches from its protein shell (zona pellucida) and performs implantation onto the endometrial lining of the mother's uterus. (day 5–6 of fert.)
5) If separation into identical twins occurs, 1/3 of the time it will happen before day 5.[7]

We have...cellular division. What we're talking about here, abortionist propaganda about later stages aside, is literally an actual clump of cells, at most. No formation, no differentiation, nothing. And very much likely to pass without implantation, all on its own.

And you refer to fetal photography - but we're not even at the fetal stage until about week 10. We're in completely different worlds here.

con't....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

continued response to colbe....

Contraceptioncauses an abortion of a fertilized egg! You reject this
because most of the world today want to deny life and take the pleasure of the act.

I haven't rejected it, actually, aside from arguing the proper use of the term abortion - I've just confirmed that this doesn't have much of anything to do with a human body or soul, given the development involved and the natural odds of the exact same thing happening anyway.

I could care less about denying life or taking pleasure in the act, I'm not philosophizing, I'm merely discussing the realities of fertilization, contraception, and development themselves...and pointing out how silly it is to compare contraception to abortion, in addition to supporting war candidates over peace candidates based on such.

Are you a man, may I ask? You don't have to say. People like anonymity.

This isn't opinion, it's a revealed Truth for 2000 years Remember our discussion when the Great Warning takes place.

Yes, colbe, I'm a man, I don't mind answering. But I would also prefer you not take that information to make some baseless assumption as to my motivations. I am also a child of god and a firm believer, and I used to share your opinion until I put a lot of thought, study, and prayer into it, as well as consideration of a good many other things I had previously accepted in this life.

I will definitely remember this discussion - but I do not find myself falling back to return to your belief here. You can say it isn't opinion, but you are casting your own interpretation on the scriptures, and specifically have only mentioned one which was likely David crying out to god - not god revealing any truth to David.

You're definitely welcome for the discussion - I'm sorry we can't agree on it but I mean no offense to you or your beliefs with it...just reasoned disagreement.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ugie1028

I thought Santorum would be the next to fall also, but now that the news came out today that he won Iowa, how do you think that will affect the primary?

Gingrich and Santorums Days are Numbered , It will Only be Romney and Paul Next in Virginia , the other two will become Old News Soon.......

Newt will win the primary in South Carolina.

The race is wide open now.

Rick Santorum won Iowa.
Mitt Romney won New Hampshire.
Newt won South Carolina.

Time to move on to Florida.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

The number 1 issue for South Carolina is the economy. 9.9% unemployment is
unacceptable. The Boeing / NLRB mess has everyone running away from
Obama - The Food Stamp President.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
When given the opportunity to express his opinion on the final question of the night, Dr Paul I thought, dropped the ball on NOT mentioning that he just had FOUR S.C. senators endorse him.

Would have been the icing on the cake for those who were still on the fence about his positions.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5
When given the opportunity to express his opinion on the final question of the night, Dr Paul I thought, dropped the ball on NOT mentioning that he just had FOUR S.C. senators endorse him.

Would have been the icing on the cake for those who were still on the fence about his positions.

I think Ron Paul is just standing there in amazement at all of the standing ovations Newt
is getting!

Newt had that CNN moderator on his heals all night.

I think those YouTubes of Newt will be taught in universities. How to win a debate.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree, newt started the debate off with a great response to the moderator, whom in my opinion, did a below average job.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5
I agree, newt started the debate off with a great response to the moderator, whom in my opinion, did a below average job.

For those of you who missed it, here it is.

The fireworks starts after 2 minutes and 22 seconds.
--------
ABC and CNN are in full damage control mode.

OMG! How do we spin this???!!!!!!!!

ABC = Despicable !!! Flamed by Newt! I could watch this video everyday.
------------

BTW, ABC is already trying to spin it with some clever editing. Check YouTube.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Great debate and I thank whoever timed each candidate. Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich did really really well tonight. For me it's down to those two at the moment. Since my man Huntsman is out. I'll probably lead more towards Gingrich but NJ isn't until June so I might not even be able to vote in the primaries.

Are you guys happy that Ron Paul got way more time this time? I am glad he answered other questions besides the ones about the economy. But Ron Paul needs more specific plans that just cutting the military spending. I would like to see more ideas from Ron Paul in the future and now that less people are up there there will be.

Newt always bashing the liberal bias. I loved it!!! He didn't come out as whiny and arrogant as he had in other debates, this time that label fell to santorum. I think SC will vote more conservative this time because they didn't really like Romney up there. Two standing ovations for Newt and a shout out for Ron Paul!

He dooesn't need a bunch of plans to pander to targeted audiences. His plan is sound and revolves around government getting out of the way and protecting it's people's liberty and sound money. Having sound money will do more than an any government plan. He's got the only plan that helps.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by eLPresidente

I hope you aren't claiming those are lies.

One is just plain fact...he did use his left over campaign funds to create the Ron Paul Campaign For Liberty Convention.

And the other is my opinion...opinions can't be lies...sorry.

Try again.

Opinions stated as absolutes are, in fact, lies, that's without considering how off that opinion is.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

What do you think is going to happen if we leave Korea?

What I think. Absolutely nothing. It may have been necessary during the cold war but that has been over for more than 20 years.

But lets say I am wrong and something does happen. I am pretty sure congress could declare war and go back there pretty quickly.

As far as the insults... supporters of all the candidates throw around and play the insult game. I don't like it either but are you really saying that only the RP crowd does it? gimme a break. Supporters of all the candidates do that and it is ugly no matter who they back.

Personally I see RP supporters getting insulted much more than they insult.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

When did you check the numbers?

I have checked the numbers and RP has $95,000 donated to him from the military with Obama having $72,000 donated to him from the military.

If you have different information I would love to see the link.

www.examiner.com...

hotair.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Ron Paul just made a point that we should bring our troops home and put them on our borders which is unconstitutional. Somebody should call him out on that.

That is incorrect, Ron Paul said we should use those resources to protect our border, not use the troops. Resources.

Resources means money. Sorry not picking on you just found two different posts you made that I had something to say about.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution