It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yes, to claim someone is or is not racist is an opinion.

You can prove that a certain act was racist, or a certain phrase was racist...but you can't claim someone is in fact racist or not racist.

No more than you can prove if someone is a happy person or an angry person.

It shouldn't have to be stated that it is an opinion...people with common sense should be able to comprehend that.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

My favorite movie in the whole world...so prophetic!! I keep pushing people to watch it....stars for the comparison.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by mcdgray129

Apparently not, because Obama has managed to destroy what little we had left of the US.....great job! I think that's how it was planned....on my last visit to Ireland I felt the hatred for us yanks...is that accurate? Or did I not spend enough time there to see how it really is?

You most not of spend enough time to see how it really is, as pretty much everyone i know in Ireland loves the usa..
And hey we didnt vote for the guy, that was all ye (IMO like the same mistake ye are making again if ye dont vote for Ron Paul). I think Obama pulled the wool over alot of peoples eyes with his lies, and got them to believe them.
Out of the 4 people ye have left Ron Paul is the only one to stand by his believes for so long.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Apparently this staff note has been ignored!
STOP posting about other members. STOP violating T&C with off topic posts, insults, and so on.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

****ATTENTION****

The topic of this thread is Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET NOT other members.

Any posts talking about other members, attacking other members, off topic, and any other T&C violations will be actioned by staff. If this staff note is ignored and the T&C violations continue, you may be post banned.

Discuss and debate the TOPIC and the topic ONLY!

Thank you!

edit on January 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
sorry missed that
edit on 20-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Apologies to the moderator, I too missed that, point taken...back on track.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by Navieko

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I think you're right on this. I am one of the undecided and he just doesn't have a strong personality. I'm still undecided but I don't think he showed very well tonight.

I do not like Santorum but I think even he showed better than Ron. I have a debate taped so I will probably watch it again tomorrow. Maybe then I'll make up my mind.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh mate, but it's that sort of thinking that will continue to lead the country down a destructive path. He doesn't have a strong personality? That's the most pressing issue you can think of when it comes to deciding who should be the next POTUS?

Far out man.

Where is the rest of post? You quoted me, what I was replying to so it is out. Why do people on here keep doing that?

I have stated on here before what really matters to me about Ron Paul, his personality, but instead people try to twist things.

most Ron Paul supporters are from the United States that concerns me as well. Mate!
edit on 19-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

I`m having a hard time understanding you.
Why should it concern you that most Ron Paul supporters are from the U.S.?

Sorry you didn't understand me. If you had not changed what I said maybe you would have understood.

Here I will post it again for you.

Where is the rest of the post? You only quoted me but didn't put what I was replying to so it is out of context. Why do people on here keep doing that?

I have stated on here before what really matters to me about Ron Paul. There are things that concern me other than his personality but instead people try to twist things.

The second most dangerous thing to Ron Paul are his supporters. A lot of Ron Paul supporters are not even from the United States that concerns me as well. Mate!

Clearly you can see the difference now.

This election is to important for games. I hope people will take it seriously or we might as well vote for Steven Colbert.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by colbe

How can you speak of implantation? Implantation means conception has taken place, there is already a new human person with a soul. That's why contraception is an intrinsic evil.

You're not paying attention, friend - I'm speaking of implantation because if a woman IS ovulating, and an egg IS fertilized, and then does not implant (as happens quite frequently, naturally) - are you saying God is flushing away that "new human person with a soul"?

And you're taking a short-sighted view of the matter, as Paul explained in the debate tonight directly - until the morality of the nation changes, the laws aren't likely to change either. Continuing to insist on a federal change and push candidates who do the same will only continue to result in failure, whereas supporting legislation and someone with Paul's views is more likely to result in this issue being returned back to the states, effectively overturning Roe v. Wade, and letting the people have a more-likely-to-succeed chance of addressing this with their state governments to actually get results.

It wasn't contraception that led to the legalization of abortion, it was the morality and thought process of the people. And laws won't change that. You're just going about it wrong, even if your heart's in the right place.

I will continue to disagree with the implication you make when you state that life begins at conception - yes, a process begins, but I see no theological, biological, or simple common-sense argument to support the claim that God gives a soul to something he so often allows to pass out of the body and die naturally. To say otherwise makes him a greater abortion supporter than anyone else, over the span of all human history.

It's simply a silly argument, and leads people to behave in irrational ways on addressing the issue fairly or efficiently.

It's God's teaching forever. He decides life and death not us, He created you and and He decides when He will take you home, the littlest, most innocent home to Him too. A miscarriage is God's action. Contraception is a selfish act for pleasure. Sex is for marriage and procreation, both.

You repeat the same thing not understanding what it is...a "fertilized egg." Life begins at conception.

You do "see" though, a change of "morality", yes, the times, accepting grave sin as not being a sin at all now!

What are you talking about friend, "no evidence?" Have you ever seen a ultrasound and the modern fetal photography the time lapsed? It's been divinely revealed, at the moment of fertilization, there is a new human person with a body and a soul. "I knew you before you were born" and
"I knit you in your mother's womb" such loving verses from Scripture.

Contraceptioncauses an abortion of a fertilized egg! You reject this
because most of the world today want to deny life and take the pleasure of the act.

Are you a man, may I ask? You don't have to say. People like anonymity.

This isn't opinion, it's a revealed Truth for 2000 years Remember our discussion when the Great Warning takes place.

thanks for you very civil replies,

colbe

So you think kids should be born to people that dont want them?, why dont you think for one minute what that kids life might be like??.I believe everyone should have the choice, and if a women or a young girl that might of got pregnant by rape or mistake doesnt want to have a baby thats their choice..

Thanks for your comments. Wish I could change your beliefs. I can answer your question.

I stated the Truth, first, we all agree, sex is God's creation. He created it for marriage and for life. Both, together. It's man, especially in our time who has said "no" it's for pleasure and sometimes sex is for life.

No matter how a child is conceived, it is still a child! Drives me crazy,
our mothers were pro-life and everyone who is pro-abortion is alive!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I can find no reference to this so called wise quote, except on the TV show NCIS.....would like to enlighten me or did you make it up to try to sound better? Because as a wise human, I know you can never truly know what goes on unless you are a part of it.

One more thing I should have said....the quote would have been great if Europe was right about Obama..otherwise...fail.
edit on 20-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

Are you saying im not a wise man
. But yes i did make it up, but imo it still stands
And hey, i seen Obamas lies from the start, same with bush. It took Americans to vote them in not us Europeans,and ye voted bush and obama in all on you're own.
Are you going to try saying we made ye vote bush in too??.
And Ron Paul was and still is the best choice ye have, even back when Obama was running i could see this, but nope all Ye still voted in Obama anways cos they listened to the MSM too much. Kinda the same place you're getting the whole Europeans wanted Obama from, and that we hate the USA,
All lies might i add spreaded by the MSM...
And this is on topic imo, as the is no personal attacks on anyone.
And its discussing the topic at hand of who is best fit to be the President of America, and Imo and it has been for a long time now, that person is Ron Paul, and he done a great job tonight in the debate..
edit on 20-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
took over 50 minutes for Anderson Cooper to mention RP after the debate. corporate shills.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ron Paul has been warning us for decades and has been incredibly accurate. Why would you blame him?

You should be blaming the other politicians for not listening to him.

It should be clear to the average person that Washington D.C. is run by lobbyists, special interest groups, political action committees and establishment insiders.

You're acting as though all the crap legislation that has made it through Congress has somehow helped our nation. We're in the worst shape ever.

Ron Paul is warning us yet again that things are only going to get worse unless they embrace his ideals of peace, fiscal responsibility and individual liberties.

So who's going to be proven correct? Ron Paul, or the other politicians who have been consistently wrong? And then who will you blame?

Time Magazine: Ron Paul, The Prophet.

The Prophecies of Ron Paul

2001:

2003:

edit on 20-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by mcdgray129

So you think kids should be born to people that dont want them?, why dont you think for one minute what that kids life might be like??.I believe everyone should have the choice, and if a women or a young girl that might of got pregnant by rape or mistake doesnt want to have a baby thats their choice..

Thanks for your comments. Wish I could change your beliefs. I can answer your question.

I stated the Truth, first, we all agree, sex is God's creation. He created it for marriage and for life. Both, together. It's man, especially in our time who has said "no" it's for pleasure and sometimes sex is for life.

No matter how a child is conceived, it is still a child! Drives me crazy,
our mothers were pro-life and everyone who is pro-abortion is alive!!

Removed cos it doesnt add anything to the discussion, but Ron Paul is still the best choice ye Americans have.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

EDIT: Found this link on a Norwegian news-site (comment from a guy on an article, yes, the media here also ignores Ron Paul O_o) And the guy that linked it also said that this vid was recorded and uploaded during the debate, and Ron Paul was leading from start to finish, and according to this person who linked it, the poll was deleted right before the debate ended! Anyone else saw this poll on cnn.com? I noticed this video after the debate ended so I didn't get the chance to confirm this :/ So if anyone saw this during the debate, please speak!
edit on 20-1-2012 by spire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spire

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I have a feeling that newt is gonna have a smart comment that is gonna pander to the audience.

I don't know, but I think it just happened

How many times has Romney ran for whatever and lost or suspended...I have seen some old photos of past campaigns, where he has lost or did whatever OH became a millionaire. Now he is on his 3rd run for washington...His past "runs" should have him spanking the pants or talking the standing O's out of everyone. He will not win legitimately if he becomes our pres it will be the same way W did...through voter fraud. Already happening in IOWA are we are just in the infancy of the primaries. Mitt was getting 20 votes for every 2 votes......someone count it in one precinct and now they are recounting another 8. That is if they can file some type of E receipt with their votes or the votes don't count. HMMMM......I wish Newt could debate Obama and Dr. Paul could be President.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

YES you are correct - first line. I find that they are ignored within the first 5-10 minutes of my entering the ATS platform and of/in ANY forum. I was dinged and then realized HOW MUCH T & C are broken from promoting people to go to a site a buy items, text message lingo, curse word explicitives with characters and letters, avatar names and signatures suggestive to other sites, attacks against other members. Unfortunately - it isnt very hard to be a nanny in the state of the US......but I guess people get carried away when in the company of like character. At least their are people like you that try to keep up the good fight.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Ronal Reagan once said....When you get in bed with the government you are going to get more than a good nights' sleep. There are a few retorts that we could banter with here. But basically they all mention Reagan and unfortunately - Romney has just indirectly been involved with DC.. Look at his donors...vs the bailed outs. He is indeed part of Washington just the Grey part.

Of course I have just watched the late showing of the debate....hence my current posts.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spire

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Is it me or are they forcing themselves in EVERY SINGLE SHOT to not show Ron Paul?

They always show Newt, Santorum and Romney and never Paul unless he talks.

This is disgusting.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Yeah, noticed this aswell, but hey, shocking isn't it?

Absolutely.. I was noticing this all night. Whenever Paul wasn't talking (which was often), they'd show either only who was talking, or they kept going to a shot of the 3some, Santy, Rom and Grinch. It was kind of insane. And then at the end, the were doing a pan across all of them, from left to right, and literally the second Ron's right shoulder came into view they cut to a different shot. This is not Ron Paul supporter paranoia, any objective person would notice this.

Make no mistake, this is subliminal brainwashing. They want to drive home the idea that he's not an option. When the sheeple think of their choices, the MSM will do everything in their power to ensure that their mind conjures up images of everybody but Ron.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Since all the videos dont seem to be on that link i posted ill post them here

Part 1

Part2

Part3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

If I had access I would funnel an absentee ballot to you mate. You have a better understanding than many citizens of the US.

Mickey Mouse signed one for the primaries......and where is Obama now.....in Disney, thanking him for his vote.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

OFF TOPIC..but if is of use when pages get to this number and people are trying to "keep" up or on a learning curve.
Hey mate...I just learned that if you click the repsonder's / post reply name on the post you will see the previous message - or most recent.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join