Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I think you're right on this. I am one of the undecided and he just doesn't have a strong personality. I'm still undecided but I don't think he showed very well tonight.

I do not like Santorum but I think even he showed better than Ron. I have a debate taped so I will probably watch it again tomorrow. Maybe then I'll make up my mind.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh mate, but it's that sort of thinking that will continue to lead the country down a destructive path. He doesn't have a strong personality? That's the most pressing issue you can think of when it comes to deciding who should be the next POTUS?

Far out man.

Where is the rest of the post? You only quoted me but didn't put what I was replying to so it is out of context. Why do people on here keep doing that?

I have stated on here before what really matters to me about Ron Paul. There are things that concern me other than his personality but instead people try to twist things.

The second most dangerous thing to Ron Paul are his supporters. A lot of Ron Paul supporters are not even from the United States that concerns me as well. Mate!
edit on 19-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by eLPresidente

I hope you aren't claiming those are lies.

One is just plain fact...he did use his left over campaign funds to create the Ron Paul Campaign For Liberty Convention.

And the other is my opinion...opinions can't be lies...sorry.

Try again.

Sigh..

You claim he is a racist (and have been doing so in the past) as if it was a fact with ZERO evidence to back it up. All of a sudden its just an opinion.

Well I'll be! Anybody that has lied in the past is now fully clear from guilt! Afterall, it was JUST an opinion.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

" Maybe Paul had to go pee (he is old...weak bladder)...and so they are just waiting for him to come back.
"

I hear Dr. Paul is a Big Fan of Super Beta Prostate , if he is elected our Next President , I doubt he will be Pissing Down anyones Leg that he might happen to Disagree with .....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I thought Santorum would be the next to fall also, but now that the news came out today that he won Iowa, how do you think that will affect the primary?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree with you, remember when O was running, the world went crazy over him. Europe begged us to elect him...if you didn't vote for him the rest of the world thought you were a caveman. I do not want non-citizens investing in our elections. If you don't live in the US you can not possibly know what we need here. The news and occasional vacations tell you nothing about us.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ugie1028

I thought Santorum would be the next to fall also, but now that the news came out today that he won Iowa, how do you think that will affect the primary?

Gingrich and Santorums Days are Numbered , It will Only be Romney and Paul Next in Virginia , the other two will become Old News Soon.......

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Ron Paul could barely get a word in with the other three, and CNN allowing them to hog the show with their bad mouthing each other and grandstanding with their accomplishments. It really is a sad state of affairs, the Republican fight for Presidential candidate......

Oh well as Jagger so eloquently said... "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need"..... The US voters will get what they need and that is more of the same !

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

I think you're right on this. I am one of the undecided and he just doesn't have a strong personality. I'm still undecided but I don't think he showed very well tonight.

I do not like Santorum but I think even he showed better than Ron. I have a debate taped so I will probably watch it again tomorrow. Maybe then I'll make up my mind.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh mate, but it's that sort of thinking that will continue to lead the country down a destructive path. He doesn't have a strong personality? That's the most pressing issue you can think of when it comes to deciding who should be the next POTUS?

Far out man.

Where is the rest of post? You quoted me, what I was replying to so it is out. Why do people on here keep doing that?

I have stated on here before what really matters to me about Ron Paul, his personality, but instead people try to twist things.

most Ron Paul supporters are from the United States that concerns me as well. Mate!
edit on 19-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

I`m having a hard time understanding you.
Why should it concern you that most Ron Paul supporters are from the U.S.?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Washington post twitter mention machine

This little puppy tracks how often the candidates are mentioned in twitter as you would expect RP leads the race as it should be.

There right wing retards(the Washington post) love to push Romney as if he has already won but it seems the morons arent paying attention to their own findings. lol typical brain dead idiots.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by colbe

How can you speak of implantation? Implantation means conception has taken place, there is already a new human person with a soul. That's why contraception is an intrinsic evil.

You're not paying attention, friend - I'm speaking of implantation because if a woman IS ovulating, and an egg IS fertilized, and then does not implant (as happens quite frequently, naturally) - are you saying God is flushing away that "new human person with a soul"?

And you're taking a short-sighted view of the matter, as Paul explained in the debate tonight directly - until the morality of the nation changes, the laws aren't likely to change either. Continuing to insist on a federal change and push candidates who do the same will only continue to result in failure, whereas supporting legislation and someone with Paul's views is more likely to result in this issue being returned back to the states, effectively overturning Roe v. Wade, and letting the people have a more-likely-to-succeed chance of addressing this with their state governments to actually get results.

It wasn't contraception that led to the legalization of abortion, it was the morality and thought process of the people. And laws won't change that. You're just going about it wrong, even if your heart's in the right place.

I will continue to disagree with the implication you make when you state that life begins at conception - yes, a process begins, but I see no theological, biological, or simple common-sense argument to support the claim that God gives a soul to something he so often allows to pass out of the body and die naturally. To say otherwise makes him a greater abortion supporter than anyone else, over the span of all human history.

It's simply a silly argument, and leads people to behave in irrational ways on addressing the issue fairly or efficiently.

It's God's teaching forever. He decides life and death not us, He created you and and He decides when He will take you home, the littlest, most innocent home to Him too. A miscarriage is God's action. Contraception is a selfish act for pleasure. Sex is for marriage and procreation, both.

You repeat the same thing not understanding what it is...a "fertilized egg." Life begins at conception.

You do "see" though, a change of "morality", yes, the times, accepting grave sin as not being a sin at all now!

What are you talking about friend, "no evidence?" Have you ever seen a ultrasound and the modern fetal photography the time lapsed? It's been divinely revealed, at the moment of fertilization, there is a new human person with a body and a soul. "I knew you before you were born" and
"I knit you in your mother's womb" such loving verses from Scripture.

Contraceptioncauses an abortion of a fertilized egg! You reject this
because most of the world today want to deny life and take the pleasure of the act.

Are you a man, may I ask? You don't have to say. People like anonymity.

This isn't opinion, it's a revealed Truth for 2000 years Remember our discussion when the Great Warning takes place.

thanks for you very civil replies,

colbe

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree with you, remember when O was running, the world went crazy over him. Europe begged us to elect him...if you didn't vote for him the rest of the world thought you were a caveman. I do not want non-citizens investing in our elections. If you don't live in the US you can not possibly know what we need here. The news and occasional vacations tell you nothing about us.

A wise man once said, "it takes an outsider to see the problems going on on the inside", make of that what you will

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Just singing that song to my daughter the other day when she was being a brat...but anyway....here's my 2 cents. I agree with most of what Paul believes in, but I am in fear of what will happen when the entitlement addicts start losing their fixes. Don't get me wrong that what I want for this country, everyone get off their arses and pay their own bills, but will we be sorry? I guess I shouldn't worry though, most of those of us that want these changes have guns
. I am so used to the status quo...I start thinking wow, can this really happen, can we get our country back?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

It's funny how twitter can keep track of all those mentions, when they can't even count the votes in the caucuses correctly...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

Apparently not, because Obama has managed to destroy what little we had left of the US.....great job! I think that's how it was planned....on my last visit to Ireland I felt the hatred for us yanks...is that accurate? Or did I not spend enough time there to see how it really is?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I just have to post this from my favorite movie probably pass it down to my siblings, but this is what South Carolina would think of Obama....

South Carolina whats up???!!!!

Mike Judge = Genius

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by colbe

How can you speak of implantation? Implantation means conception has taken place, there is already a new human person with a soul. That's why contraception is an intrinsic evil.

You're not paying attention, friend - I'm speaking of implantation because if a woman IS ovulating, and an egg IS fertilized, and then does not implant (as happens quite frequently, naturally) - are you saying God is flushing away that "new human person with a soul"?

And you're taking a short-sighted view of the matter, as Paul explained in the debate tonight directly - until the morality of the nation changes, the laws aren't likely to change either. Continuing to insist on a federal change and push candidates who do the same will only continue to result in failure, whereas supporting legislation and someone with Paul's views is more likely to result in this issue being returned back to the states, effectively overturning Roe v. Wade, and letting the people have a more-likely-to-succeed chance of addressing this with their state governments to actually get results.

It wasn't contraception that led to the legalization of abortion, it was the morality and thought process of the people. And laws won't change that. You're just going about it wrong, even if your heart's in the right place.

I will continue to disagree with the implication you make when you state that life begins at conception - yes, a process begins, but I see no theological, biological, or simple common-sense argument to support the claim that God gives a soul to something he so often allows to pass out of the body and die naturally. To say otherwise makes him a greater abortion supporter than anyone else, over the span of all human history.

It's simply a silly argument, and leads people to behave in irrational ways on addressing the issue fairly or efficiently.

It's God's teaching forever. He decides life and death not us, He created you and and He decides when He will take you home, the littlest, most innocent home to Him too. A miscarriage is God's action. Contraception is a selfish act for pleasure. Sex is for marriage and procreation, both.

You repeat the same thing not understanding what it is...a "fertilized egg." Life begins at conception.

You do "see" though, a change of "morality", yes, the times, accepting grave sin as not being a sin at all now!

What are you talking about friend, "no evidence?" Have you ever seen a ultrasound and the modern fetal photography the time lapsed? It's been divinely revealed, at the moment of fertilization, there is a new human person with a body and a soul. "I knew you before you were born" and
"I knit you in your mother's womb" such loving verses from Scripture.

Contraceptioncauses an abortion of a fertilized egg! You reject this
because most of the world today want to deny life and take the pleasure of the act.

Are you a man, may I ask? You don't have to say. People like anonymity.

This isn't opinion, it's a revealed Truth for 2000 years Remember our discussion when the Great Warning takes place.

thanks for you very civil replies,

colbe

So you think kids should be born to people that dont want them?, why dont you think for one minute what that kids life might be like??.I believe everyone should have the choice, and if a women or a young girl that might of got pregnant by rape or mistake doesnt want to have a baby thats their choice..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

I can find no reference to this so called wise quote, except on the TV show NCIS.....would like to enlighten me or did you make it up to try to sound better? Because as a wise human, I know you can never truly know what goes on unless you are a part of it.

One more thing I should have said....the quote would have been great if Europe was right about Obama..otherwise...fail.
edit on 20-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join