Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You know exactly when it was, I have nothing to prove to OTHER people because you and I know exactly when you lied and how many times you did it and got caught.

I'm not putting on a show for other people like you feel the need to do.

And calm down the 'ad homs' LOL. like you have some sort of honorable debate rule where you don't include ad hominem attacks. That is just so hilarious.

So you can't back up your claims...surprise.

And no...I don't know exactly what you are talking about. All I know is as soon as you start to run out of substance and can't respond to facts I'm presenting...you fall back on "well you have lied before and I called you on it"...but you can never prove that you did.

And look at you back peddling now...you don't want to put on a show, HA, that is all you try to do here. You see this as some sort of competition, while I am just sharing my opinion regardless of what others think. But hey...I guess you get the stars so you must be "winning"

I'll give you one more chance to save yourslef from looking a fool...please show me one of my "LIES"...or just admit that you are just trying to use that to deflect from the facts I'm presenting.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Google define Career Politician....

A politician or political leader (from Greek "polis") is an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making. ..

Well if you use that definition..then no...Ron Paul is not a career politician.

Because he has influenced nothing in his long career as a politician...only one bill passed in 14 years.

So if you are using that definition...no, he isn't a career politician...he is a failure.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'll give you one more chance to save yourslef from looking a fool...please show me one of my "LIES"

Nobody is obliged to show you anything. We all know what you are doing.

LOL you'll give him ONE more chance huh? What happens after that?

or just admit that you are just trying to use that to deflect from the facts I'm presenting.

Yea okay twisty, whatever you say.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Pity party convention? It was no pity party, I was there - we had a blast, with a concert, education, famous conservative speakers, got to be in a documentary, and had a generally much more fulfilling and enlightening (not to mention more peaceful and happy without swarms of riot cops and security) time than the republican convention.

Just clarifying...there was nothing of pity in it, and it was the official launch of the Campaign for Liberty, which has done quite a lot of good work and educating.

It was a pity party in the sense that Ron Paul went to it because he couldn't speak at the real convention.

To me, that shows a huge ego and arrogance...he can't speak so he is going to make his own convention.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Oh...HE REMEMBERS!

Suddenly the guy that is demanding proof of his lies REMEMBERS every little detail EXCEPT his own lies.

Way to spin it your way. Like I said, you know exactly what you lied about and how many lies you were caught in. I have nothing to prove because I know and YOU know what you did.

This is why I have no problem bringing up your lies anytime you want to tout about how your job on ATS is 'separating fact from fiction' like you LOVE to do. You have no rebuttal because you know exactly what you lied on and how many you were caught telling.

edit on 19-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Tell me exactly what I lied about. And yes...I do remember everything...which is why I know you are full of it and just attempting to smear because you have run out of substance...but you are failing.

So prove your claim...show me and everyone else my big "lie".

You won't...because you can't...because I didn't lie about anything. If you had a lie that I told, we all know you would be spreading it in every thread because that is who you are.

So please...share it with everyone...show my lie.

Or just keep looking foolish by not being able to back up your claim.
edit on 19-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

OK I apologize, Romney does slightly better than Ron Paul versus Obama, a 3 point difference on average. But tell me, what independents are attracted to Mitt Romney, let alone democrats? How many Democrats do you hear saying they switched parties to vote for Romney? Hell if people would take 60 seconds to inform themselves and look at Obama and Romney's campaign donations, they'd see that a vote for either of them is a vote for the same one, because their both puppets for the same organizations!

I'd love to see Obama try to convince voters that unconstitutional indefinite detention of American citizens without a charge or trial is better than...not having that. I'd also love to see him try to convince voters that war is better than peace, debt is better than cutting spending and chipping away at the debt (1 trillion by the first year), letting the Fed operate in secrecy is better than having a full and comprehensive audit.

I think if the voters were actually given the choice, no matter how much media propaganda is thrown at them, they would choose liberty over tyranny, a president that obeys the Constitution over one that does not, peace over war.

If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, we'll have the chance to see one of the most important elections in American history play out before our eyes, and see if Americans are ready to restore the principles that this country was founded on that are slipping away with each oppressive piece of legislation like the Patriot Act or NDAA.
edit on 19-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Tell me exactly what I lied about. And yes...I do remember everything...which is why I know you are full of it and just attempting to smear because you have run out of substance...but you are failing.

So prove your claim...show me and everyone else my big "lie".

You won't...because you can't...because I didn't lie about anything. If you had a lie that I told, we all know you would be spreading it in every thread because that is who you are.

So please...share it with everyone...show my lie.

reply to post by RSF77

Oh yea, how many times now have they "shut down the government" with Obama as POTUS?

Ask our beloved commander why some soldiers didn't receive their paychecks last year.

Oh we forgot about that didn't we?

Ummmm....zero times.

And soldiers didn't ever not recieve their paychecks.

Maybe you forgot that never really happened...because Obama worked with Congress to get things passed.

I think you should recheck your facts.

Here ya go twisty, here's an example about your twistiness.

But your old boy Obama helped to get that passed didn't he?

Look I'll even include the part where I admitted I was wrong. (Even though this is what I was implying all along)

Oh, excuse me... I mean HALF PAY, not entirely not receiving their checks.

I figured you might be smart enough to know what I mean, but no. Either way, Obama flip flops on anything and gladly goes along with anyone filling his pockets unless there is sufficient outrage about it. Sometimes he just signs stuff "despite reservations" lol. You've got to be kidding me.

Maybe I forgot that never really happen, I don't know. You tell me.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I assume you are not against cutting a trillion in his first year but getting it done
If I am wrong correct me

But as president he will have the loudest voice in the U.S
He can educate the people with state of the union addresses and interviews and tell people to visit their local representatives
This is the power of power to the states

I'm fine with cuts in the right area..which is defense. I used to think Ron Paul was for defense cuts...but he is just for "military" cuts.

And yes...my stance is that it will never be done. Republicans won't cut the defense budget that he would want to, and Democrats won't cut the domestic policies he wants to cut. No one will work with him.

What's wrong with that?
He's against 90% of the programs that the income tax subsidizes so what's the problem?

I am not against most of those programs...neither is the majority of Americans or Congress. So again...it just has zero chance of ever being passed.

Obama expanded the war into the entire middle east while campaigning as a peace candidate

Also look at his campaign donors

Obama did exactly what he said he would do....draw down in Iraq, and surge in Afganistan. People like to claim he was 100% anti-war...but he never was...go watch any of his campaign speeches or debates and he makes it extremely clear what he would do...and he did it.

I don't care about anyones donors...all Americans have the right to donate...no matter where they work.

And maybe you should look at his top donors...I think you might be surprised.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

surprise surprise!

To further show his arrogance...he created his own convention like a little child...

I thought this series was pretty hilarious as well:

reply to post by eLPresidente

There is also a lot of false information about Paul that

his supporters try to pass off here, and I

don't like people trying to spread lies.

he is racist

self-discreditation much?

edit on 19-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

you're funny, one day you will see the truth. by the way whats your age bracket?
edit on 19-1-2012 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

What are the options?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Ron Paul couldn't cut a thing without Congress.

After what the Republican pulled with Obama...the budget isn't getting cut in any significant way any time soon.

Ron Paul has no track record of getting either Republicans or Democrats to work with him in his long career in Congress...that isn't going to magically change with him as President.

One thing for sure. If President, Dr. Paul would know exactly what his responsibilities are as head of the Executive branch of government. Perhaps one of the strongest things he will do is use the Presidential veto. to control congress.

I am sick of replying to you so I have decided not to bother with your tripe anymore tonight.
edit on 1/19/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I think you're right on this. I am one of the undecided and he just doesn't have a strong personality. I'm still undecided but I don't think he showed very well tonight.

I do not like Santorum but I think even he showed better than Ron. I have a debate taped so I will probably watch it again tomorrow. Maybe then I'll make up my mind.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh mate, but it's that sort of thinking that will continue to lead the country down a destructive path. He doesn't have a strong personality? That's the most pressing issue you can think of when it comes to deciding who should be the next POTUS?

Far out man.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

You claimed the government shut down and soldiers didn't get paid.

I said that was false...and it is false.

You re-defining what you say doesn't make your original statements correct.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well, I suppose you can look at it that way, eye of the beholder and such. But I see that as a fairly strained interpretation as there doesn't really seem to be much of arrogance or ego to Paul, especially when standing on stage with these gentlemen or the crowd from last time around...

If he's arrogant and sporting a big ego - what on earth must we come up with to call them, in all fairness? He pales in comparison, and actually used his absence from the republican convention to have more fun and do more good - he created a national organization and spawned ongoing involvement around the nation and in our political system.

What did the RNC convention accomplish, other than anointing a candidate doomed from the outset and a set of very bad ideas?

edit on 1/19/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I hope you aren't claiming those are lies.

One is just plain fact...he did use his left over campaign funds to create the Ron Paul Campaign For Liberty Convention.

And the other is my opinion...opinions can't be lies...sorry.

Try again.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join