Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Congress authorizes money and the President administrates its expenditure. The President has a lot of control on reducing the size of HIS bureaucracy - if Congress continues to authorize a budget for programs which no longer need funding -- well that is their choice - and I'm sure Paul wouldn't mind shutting down the government a few times to get the point across to the American people. I sure wouldn't like finding out that their trying to spend money they don't have - that I would owe - for something that doesn't exist.

Oh great...things we can look forward to under Ron Paul....government shut downs because he doesn't get his way when he proposes ridiculous things.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Ron Paul couldn't cut a thing without Congress.

The Executive branch (which is the bureaucracy) is controlled by the President and is separate from the Legislative Branch and equal in power. The outlays budgeted by Congress are to fund the welfare programs (primarily), to fund the wars and DOD, and to fund the bureaucracy (at the request of the Executive branch).

Can you concede that point?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have formed an opinion... and will share my thoughts.

NEWT, ROMNEY, OBAMA & SANTORUM...... Wait for it...

Are all career positions that are driven by self interest and do not respect the constitution. They are not a true representation of our nation. They Lie constantly and not one can be trusted to honor any position they claim to stand for.

Dr. Ron Paul is the only true representation of what this country stands for and his records and actions throughout history prove him to be a man of honor, principle and truthfulness. His selflessness and drive to help restore this country before it turns into a Nazi Germany is apparent. He is possible the best choice for America and the world.

I have come to the conclusion that the primary reason the majority of Americans are mislead by the other candidates is because our nations media and news sources have all become highly controlled and no longer can be called free press. We must restore the media somehow in order to educate, lead and inform the masses before it is too late. I think the condition of our country can be blamed almost solely on the media and the publics choice not to research things for themselves to find the truth.

I remember a saying, "And the masses will be deceived by him.." or "He will mislead many.."

It's not that the people are dumb..its just that when a Shepard arrives to lead the flock to safety the media misinforms, distracts, lie's and leads the sheep astray. It's the sleeping masses, massive trusting capacity that has lead them to believe the tv because well... "They said it on tv.." Again it is the Media that is to blame.

If we had a month of news that was truthful, honest and not controlled, truly free. I believe large amounts of people would wake up. I fear that it will take years of people getting burnt by there leaders to realize how far they have been mislead, to do there own research, the journey in waking up and seeing the truth.

By then the internet will be controlled, our constitution will be gone, freedoms lost, our country's debt will be massive, war will continue, jobs and our countries standing as the worlds best economy will fall to the worlds worst economy and people like me who speak freely will disappear into a ndaa black hole just for speaking from the heart. I love my country...

The courage it takes for me to write this is intense because with my level of knowledge from years of research well....I know how dangerous the times we live in are, and even as I type this someone in some room somewhere will probably add me to a list as a undesirable. In America it is sad to think this, but some one once said "You shall know them by there fruits" , "know them by there actions or deeds" , "Judge them not on there words but there deeds" Well if they do then so be it! I will choose to be free and speak truth from the heart, a true American Patriot.

Ron Paul 2012

edit on 19-1-2012 by Deja`Vu because: added a but more.

link   

Oh great...things we can look forward to under Ron Paul....government shut downs because he doesn't get his way when he proposes ridiculous things.

Obama Administration Prepares for Government Shutdown

I went all the way back to last month to find that.

link   

Oh yea, how many times now have they "shut down the government" with Obama as POTUS?

Ask our beloved commander why some soldiers didn't receive their paychecks last year.

Oh we forgot about that didn't we?

reply to post by Deja`Vu

All these guys are part of a group that took power through protest and revolution many many years ago, they've become just as corrupted as the monster they were fighting.

You are right as far as I can tell, Ron Paul appears to be one of few principled people that is unhinged from this power play.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There are soooooo many bombs the others could drop on Paul...but he isn't a threat...so they don't waste their time.

Yet you feel the absolute need to waste your time everyday on ATS dumping on Ron Paul because he is the single largest threat to your boy Obama.

The media also feels the need to ignore Ron, manipulate his news and policies for their viewers.

Outkast, you're so transparent, quit pretending.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Spin it every way you can, doesn't make you right or even close to it.

Ron Paul has no skeletons, drama doesn't follow him. That is a GOOD thing but again, your SPIN could say something otherwise.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The only reason you give THIS much attention to Ron Paul is because he is the largest threat to your precious Obama. As Ron Paul's popularity and support rises, your assertiveness goes up with it and your actions prove this.

And I'll say it again...I'm just having honest commentary because I don't have a horse in this race.

If you want me to be political about it...I would LOVE Ron Paul to go against Obama. I've always said, if I a m looking for the easiest win for Obama...I would be cheering for Bachman. But since she is out...the next best thing is Ron Paul. If I am looking for the least dangerous option, I would be cheering for Romney...even though he clearly has the best chance of beating Obama.

Before you respond...ask yourself why I would lie about this on ATS where there are a total of 20-25 people talking and participating in this thread???

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Oh yea, how many times now have they "shut down the government" with Obama as POTUS?

Ask our beloved commander why some soldiers didn't receive their paychecks last year.

Oh we forgot about that didn't we?
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Yes, and if that is what it comes to then that is what it comes to. Its not new and happens when the President and Congress disagree. There is a reason they were given equal power and the President has to act as the representative of the entire nation versus Congress acting as representatives of their districts and states (in theory). I have no problem with shut downs and expect one with Ron Paul as President because he often stands alone in protecting our liberties and the weasels in Congress would put all of their liberty stealing, deficit adding provisions in a bill called "Save the Children Bill" just to force Ron to veto it -- and the great thing is HE WOULD.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Yes, we all know that Congress creates and passes the budget.

link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Ron Paul is kind of the definition of a career politician.

I think your theory needs some work.

link   

Before you respond...ask yourself why I would lie about this on ATS where there are a total of 20-25 people talking and participating in this thread???

ok I took 5 seconds to think about it and came to this conclusion:

You've been caught in lies before right here on ATS. Why you would lie now might be the same reasons why you felt the need to lie, attacking Ron Paul, in the past.

That answer sufficient for you?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Deja`Vu

He is more of a HALF-career politician since he spent the other HALF of his career as a physician.

I know you like to SPIN a lot of things but I'll just chalk that mistake up to ignorance.

link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by colbe

Yes Ron Paul has a skeleton!! Look at this sick vote.

Day-after pill allows individual moral choice. (Apr 2011)

Santorum was right this evening, Paul isn't truly 100% for life. The "morning after
pill" is an abortion pill.

Sick vote?

OK, first off, do you know how the female reproductive system and ovulation work, in the first place?

Secondly, you are aware that the morning-after pill is just the same hormones generally used in regular birth control, and that they operate in pretty much the exact same way; either preventing ovulation if has already occurred or by preventing uterine implantation of the fertilized egg - which can happen entirely natually, as well (I suppose that makes God an abortion doctor...)?

That said, and I'm sorry if you find this offense - a completely non-differentiated blastocyte with no organs, no brainwaves, no nervous system, or anything else clearly separating it from much of anything we normally recognize as life not being implanted in the womb does NOT equal abortion, despite how ridiculously far some people want to push it.

Do you argue against common hormone-therapy for birth control? If not, you've got a serious consistency issue. And if you want to look at the whole of Paul's policies as compared to Santorum's, and claim Paul is the non-pro-lifer in that split...you've got much more serious issues. You're balking over the normal functionings of birth control, while Santorum has all but promised to drive us into more war and directly endanger fully-developed humans - and the vast number of those always ends up being civilian.

Hi,

God decides life and death, not us.

The prophetic for 13 years, my reading of it, has said the #1 judgment for our nation is abortion. We need a pro-life President.

How can you speak of implantation? Implantation means conception has taken place, there is already a new human person with a soul. That's why contraception is an intrinsic evil.

But, who follows God these days, right? Sex is for pleasure alone and
the consequences can be done away with. Contraception has led
to the legalization of Abortion.

That's why you see mostly grey haired folks walking around these days.

One of the inventors of "the pill" condemns it now...fifty years later.

link   
Unfortunatley I wasn't able to watch the debate live, but I did just watch the Ron Paul highlights:
From what I saw, they absolutely loved him! He got thunderous applause basically every time he spoke, and there was even a point where the crowd booed the host for not questioning Ron Paul on a topic and demanded that he have a chance to answer.

I loved when he called Santorum "overly sensitive" for thinking that he was talking about him

Hopefully a good chunk of the South Carolina voters watched this debate, because with only 4 people on the stage now, they have a chance to hear each candidate weigh in on the issues, and they can decide which one they agree with on best. I didn't see how they reacted to the other candidates, but based on how the crowd responded to Ron Paul, they like his platform.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If you want me to be political about it...I would LOVE Ron Paul to go against Obama. I've always said, if I a m looking for the easiest win for Obama...I would be cheering for Bachman. But since she is out...the next best thing is Ron Paul. If I am looking for the least dangerous option, I would be cheering for Romney...even though he clearly has the best chance of beating Obama.

Clearly the DNC doesn't agree and it logically fails the mustard test. The biggest threat to Obama is losing independents because both sides have their bases locked. A conservative would vote for *anyone* before voting for Obama and a liberal will vote for Obama I think in 80% of the cases. His failures to deliver on his promises these first 4 years have weakened his base considerably.

With that said - the independents/undecideds will swing one way or the other and Ron Paul does tremendously well with them - he even takes a lot of Democrat votes in these primaries.

Its simple math. The GOP (the voters at least) are going to rally around whomever gets the nod (unless Paul doesn't get it). Paul takes at least 10% of the GOP vote with him. For example, I WILL vote for Obama if its only Obama/[insert name]. I'd rather have the devil I know and let him destroy this country than someone that pretends to be conservative. If a Paul name is on the ballot I'll vote for it though.

link   
santorum: 'damn you ron, things were going so well tonight and you had to bring up the truth...' (almost turns purple)

romney: "blah, blah, blah... what were we talking about again?" "oh yea, blah, blah, blah, obama, blah, blah, oblahma..." "constitution of declaration, one nation under god in which we stand for liberty and justice for all."

gingrich: "what was the questions again?" 'hubba hubba, did you see her in the 4th row?'

paul: "for a second, i thought you were against military doctors or something!!!" "don't be so sensitive ricky boy, i wasn't even talking about your sensitive little ass!!!"

link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by mcdgray129
Found a video of the full debate
Watch here

Thanks!

2nd

No problem
,whatching it now myself
edit on 19-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

link   

There are soooooo many bombs the others could drop on Paul...but he isn't a threat...so they don't waste their time.

Yet you feel the absolute need to waste your time everyday on ATS dumping on Ron Paul because he is the single largest threat to your boy Obama.

The media also feels the need to ignore Ron, manipulate his news and policies for their viewers.

Outkast, you're so transparent, quit pretending.

You and others seem to think that I come here with an agenda...that I want to convince people of one thing or another.

I come here for entertainment...I'm under no delusions that anything said on a message board will have any effect on someones support for Ron Paul.

I just call them as I see them...when people respond in an angry way...it usually means that a bit of truth has been hit...and the truth hurts.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

A career politician who doesn't get bribed by lobbyists because he has his priniciples and he sticks to them. He's uncorruptable, so in that sense he stands apart from government officials.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Deja`Vu

He is more of a HALF-career politician since he spent the other HALF of his career as a physician.

I know you like to SPIN a lot of things but I'll just chalk that mistake up to ignorance.

Look at his voting record. A career politician wouldn't cast the votes that Paul has cast and consistently been at odds with the liberal leadership. A career politician wouldn't tick off lobbyists to the point that they don't even bother talking to him.

new topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join