It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
If you consider the morning after pill to be an abortion pill, you probably also consider birth control pills to be the same. After all, birth control pills use harmones to keep anything from implanting in the womb. That's why some pharmacists refuse to give them out.

Your right, I see the same argument on other forums and they argue the same viewpoint - its an ultra-extreme view that will be destroyed by Obama and do nothing but energize liberals and push independents back to Obama. I hate these issues - we'll let the country burn and die because we want someone in Washington to force everyone to behave a certain way (either liberal or conservative). Let the states manage it and then you can move to some place you agree with. If they felt so strongly they'd expect Washington to force Europe and Africa and South America and so on in to behaving the same way as well -- hmm isn't that what Islamic Extremism is all about?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm not opposed to making cuts...but I live in reality...not in Ron Paul's fantasy world.

Name me two things that are fantasy?

And who do you support?

1. Cutting a trillion in his first year
2. Reducing Income Tax to zero.

There are many other fantasy policies of Ron Paul...but since you only wanted two..I'll leave it at that.

I support Obama...I don't have a horse in this Republican primary...but I do enjoy watching the circus.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129
Found a video of the full debate
Watch here

Thanks!

2nd

link   

1. Cutting a trillion in his first year
2. Reducing Income Tax to zero.

There are many other fantasy policies of Ron Paul...but since you only wanted two..I'll leave it at that.

I support Obama...I don't have a horse in this Republican primary...but I do enjoy watching the circus.

How is it a fantasy? Why can we RAISE it 1.5 trillion in one year but not cut it 1.0 trillion? Seems illogical...
RE: taxes - He didn't say he would do it - he said he would support doing it. We're a long way from getting Congress to agree on that one. They'd have to cut their pensions first.
edit on 1/19/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

link   
Geez I was looking for Mitt Romney highlights so I could point out that tell of him reading from a script (showing that they obviously planned the questions beforehand), but all I can find are Ron Paul highlights.

If you are watching the debate again watch when Romney starts talking about immigration, when confuses the word citizen with citizenship (which is one of the very next words). If this was poker, all the other nominees would be going all in.

No, ironically you've got a jackass in the democratic party. Not that I am much into this partisan politics we've got going on, couldn't resist the jab.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Look, let's talk about what's really important here.

Rick Santorum doesn't open and close his jaw when he talks. He doesn't separate his teeth.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Geez I was looking for Mitt Romney highlights so I could point out that tell of him reading from a script (showing that they obviously planned the questions beforehand), but all I can find are Ron Paul highlights.

You should look on CNN or Fox News for the Romney highlights, or Clear Channel, or the New York Times, or any site financed by the wealthy.

link   
reply to post by colbe

Yes Ron Paul has a skeleton!! Look at this sick vote.

Day-after pill allows individual moral choice. (Apr 2011)

Santorum was right this evening, Paul isn't truly 100% for life. The "morning after
pill" is an abortion pill.

Sick vote?

OK, first off, do you know how the female reproductive system and ovulation work?

Secondly, you are aware that the morning-after pill is just the same hormones generally used in regular birth control, and that they operate in pretty much the exact same way; either preventing ovulation if hasn't already occurred or by preventing uterine implantation of the fertilized egg - which can happen entirely natually, as well (I suppose that makes God an abortion doctor...)?

That said, and I'm sorry if you find this offensive - a completely non-differentiated blastocyte with no organs, no brainwaves, no nervous system, or anything else clearly separating it from much of anything we normally recognize as life not being implanted in the womb does NOT equal abortion, despite how ridiculously far some people want to push it.

Do you argue against common hormone-therapy for birth control? If not, you've got a serious consistency issue. And if you want to look at the whole of Paul's policies as compared to Santorum's, and claim Paul is the non-pro-lifer in that split...you've got much more serious issues. You're balking over the normal functionings of birth control, while Santorum has all but promised to drive us into more war and directly endanger fully-developed humans - and the vast number of those always ends up being civilian.
edit on 1/19/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

Rick Santorum doesn't open and close his jaw when he talks. He doesn't separate his teeth.

LOL and Mitt Romney kept putting me to sleep with his monotone voice!!

link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Wow is it really Ron Paul's fault that he doesn't have skeletons for the media to bring up everyday?

Nobody cares about Ron's income taxes, nobody cares about his personal relationships, there is no dirt on him. So yes, you're right! There isn't anything interesting about Ron Paul.

Oh wait, except for his policies. The only policies in this entire presidential race that would make a dent in the issues we're facing today. Yea, the issues don't matter. DRAMA matters.

Outkast, the way you spin everything, never ceases to amaze me.

Santorum was right this evening, Paul isn't truly 100% for life. The "morning after

Thanks but I'll trust the doctor that delivered 4000 babies on that one and I agree with him that morality cannot be legislated. 4 years later it'll flip and the liberals will be back in control. His solution is more permanent on this issue and would save millions of lives.

No, Paul voted against restriction on the morning after pill. Some doctor. He's in line with Obama pushing for 13 year olds to be able to
purchase the morning after pill up without a doctor's order!

And I voted for him in 2008!

Stop evil, "morality" was legislated in Roe vs Wade.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

How is it a fantasy? Why can we RAISE it 1.5 trillion in one year but not cut it 1.0 trillion? Seems illogical...
RE: taxes - He didn't say he would do it - he said he would support doing it. We're a long way from getting Congress to agree on that one. They'd have to cut their pensions first.

Because Congress will never do it. If you think Congress will agree to cutting a trillion dollars...then I'd say you are a not being honest with yourself.

And it seems like Ron Paul supporters are using this excuse a lot with him "he didn't say he would do it...he said he would like it that way".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Spin it every way you can, doesn't make you right or even close to it.

Ron Paul has no skeletons, drama doesn't follow him. That is a GOOD thing but again, your SPIN could say something otherwise.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The only reason you give THIS much attention to Ron Paul is because he is the largest threat to your precious Obama. As Ron Paul's popularity and support rises, your assertiveness goes up with it and your actions prove this.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

Ah, your pretending to be Anderson Cooper. I'll be Ari Fleisher.

The prominence of his jowl is clearly why he's gaining on the other candidates, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Perry even though he's not in it anymore. It resonates with South Carolina voters who very often also have slack jaws; although I still believe Newt Gingrich will win - he's from a neighboring state and has cheated on two different women which is what voters are looking for - someone with grandiose uncommitted views. His exchange with the other candidates, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich was electrifying.

-- and that is your queue to interrupt me and start talking about how well one of those two did...

link   

reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Politicians promise the sky and deliver nothing.

He is already a hero. It's great to have a candidate you can believe in. It's a rarity.

Ron Paul has promised to cut a trillion dollars from the budget.

Nah...that's not promising the sky or anything

I bet he already has those cuts outlined. He is a realistic and he doesn't lie.

Gingrich and Romney will say whatever it takes to get them elected whether they believe it or not and that's what I mean about promising the sky and delivering nothing. I have a minor in political science and have been involved in and watching politics since 1972. I can tell the difference between telling it true and trying to make a sale.

Ron Paul is the only candidate I've ever felt good about. That's saying alot.

link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by colbe

Sick vote?

OK, first off, do you know how the female reproductive system and ovulation work, in the first place?

Secondly, you are aware that the morning-after pill is just the same hormones generally used in regular birth control, and that they operate in pretty much the exact same way; either preventing ovulation if has already occurred or by preventing uterine implantation of the fertilized egg - which can happen entirely natually, as well (I suppose that makes God an abortion doctor...)?

That said, and I'm sorry if you find this offense - a completely non-differentiated blastocyte with no organs, no brainwaves, no nervous system, or anything else clearly separating it from much of anything we normally recognize as life not being implanted in the womb does NOT equal abortion, despite how ridiculously far some people want to push it.

Do you argue against common hormone-therapy for birth control? If not, you've got a serious consistency issue. And if you want to look at the whole of Paul's policies as compared to Santorum's, and claim Paul is the non-pro-lifer in that split...you've got much more serious issues. You're balking over the normal functionings of birth control, while Santorum has all but promised to drive us into more war and directly endanger fully-developed humans - and the vast number of those always ends up being civilian.

Doesn't matter what you think.

It matters what the Republican base thinks.

There are soooooo many bombs the others could drop on Paul...but he isn't a threat...so they don't waste their time.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'll address one knuckle-headed commenter at a time if I have to, OutKast - that's fine by me.

It has to start somewhere, and thankfully that type of base isn't quite so large as you want to think it is. Given what we're currently facing, such social issues are a bit on the back burner at the moment.

Hope you're well. By the way, you're welcome to help me try to change hearts and minds if you want so we can get people out of such limited thoughts, instead of just carrying on the Paul banter? I don't really think you're accomplishing much there one way or the other as Paul supporters don't support him just because they think he can win - they support him because they think he's the only valid option. So arguments about his odds will only seek to amuse yourself and distract from actual good you might be doing instead.

Just a thought, friend.

edit on 1/19/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Because Congress will never do it. If you think Congress will agree to cutting a trillion dollars...then I'd say you are a not being honest with yourself.

Congress authorizes money and the President administrates its expenditure. The President has a lot of control on reducing the size of HIS bureaucracy - if Congress continues to authorize a budget for programs which no longer need funding -- well that is their choice - and I'm sure Paul wouldn't mind shutting down the government a few times to get the point across to the American people. I sure wouldn't like finding out that their trying to spend money they don't have - that I would owe - for something that doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Ron Paul couldn't cut a thing without Congress.

After what the Republican pulled with Obama...the budget isn't getting cut in any significant way any time soon.

Ron Paul has no track record of getting either Republicans or Democrats to work with him in his long career in Congress...that isn't going to magically change with him as President.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

When people vote for Ron Paul and his issues, they vote for that idea to get a chance, like cutting a trillion dollars from the government's budget.

When you make a campaign promise, people vote for you to keep that campaign promise.

For instance:

When there's a bill that ends up on my desk as president, you The Public will Have 5 Days To look online and find out what's in it before I sign it.
-Obama

And he conveniently signed it on new years day.

That is the difference between a campaign promise and a campaign plan.

edit on 19-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There are soooooo many bombs the others could drop on Paul...but he isn't a threat...so they don't waste their time.

Yea they just save up and drop them on us genius. Just like your Obama.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join