It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 32
21
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq
 


I'm not watching the post debate show...but why are you surprised. Ron Paul didn't create any fireworks tonight...all the talk worthy action was from Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich.

Ron Paul didn't do anything talk worthy tonight...we found out nothing new from him, he didn't get any great attacks in on anyone...he is just the same old Ron Paul...it could of been a debate from 2008. I know his supporters like his "consistency"...but it's boring and honestly not news worthy.




posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Ron Paul has promised to cut a trillion dollars from the budget.

Nah...that's not promising the sky or anything


Yes, let us cut a trillion.


Keep in mind cutting a TRILLION doesn't even balance the budget and the annual deficit will still be negative. It wasn't that way even 4 years ago. We should be able to easily shave off a trillion - otherwise lets just throw in the towel and admit that the currency is going to hyper-inflation.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A good night for Dr.Paul...SC primary results will be interesting..Mitt for brains is slipping off his pedestal.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I voted for Ron Paul in 08. I find now he is not totally for life. This is how
Paul voted. The "morning after pill" is an abomination! It has killed some
of the mothers too. Judgment, #1 for our country is abortion.

Day-after pill allows individual moral choice. (Apr 2011)

Rick Santorum is the only one of the four left who is totally for life.

Romney is not a Christian, he belongs to a non-Trinitarian sect, they
reject Our Lord is God!!



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
The media's bias is really showing!!! I think Ron Paul did excellent, even if after the debate they didn't show him or talk to him or anything for that matter!

He might have left the area or requested no followup interviews. I'm sure they were asking him for interviews, but he might have decided to avoid the pack and opt for talking at another time.

I thought Newt came off fairly well, with a nice aggressive opening. He also named companies and programs -- specifics that he tied to North Carolina. He's done his homework, and I expect his NC numbers will take a bounce upward tomorrow.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul does not have to be pushy at this stage.

All he has to do is hang in there until it comes down to just him and the remaining one.

At that time he won't need more time to slaughter the opposition, his arguments will do that.

The only Q I have id will the Republicans want him or will he travel on an indy ticket.

P



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ararisq
 


I'm not watching the post debate show...but why are you surprised. Ron Paul didn't create any fireworks tonight...all the talk worthy action was from Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich.

Ron Paul didn't do anything talk worthy tonight...we found out nothing new from him, he didn't get any great attacks in on anyone...he is just the same old Ron Paul...it could of been a debate from 2008. I know his supporters like his "consistency"...but it's boring and honestly not news worthy.


Ron Paul did and the issues are real - I'd rather hear this panel discuss what Ron Paul meant by the world reserve currency than how Romney has better hair than Gingrich and how that might play with the voters.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I'm blown away by this coverage - clearly we're not supposed to vote for Ron Paul.

*40* minutes and the words Ron and Paul have not been mentioned.


Confirmed. I've been watching for 45 min now, not one mention of Paul. The man is in the final four, got second in the last primary, had a great debate tonight, the crowd even called out the MSM and yet not one word is mentioned about him post debate. I always think it's going to get easier getting numb to this BS, but it never happens. I'm still pissed off as hell.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente
 


I'm not opposed to making cuts...but I live in reality...not in Ron Paul's fantasy world.


But hey...why not...I want to cut the entire budget to zero...wow...look at me...I'm revolutionary.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'll ask again. Does anyone have a link to an upload of the debate, or a rerun?



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Wow is it really Ron Paul's fault that he doesn't have skeletons for the media to bring up everyday?

Nobody cares about Ron's income taxes, nobody cares about his personal relationships, there is no dirt on him. So yes, you're right! There isn't anything interesting about Ron Paul.

Oh wait, except for his policies. The only policies in this entire presidential race that would make a dent in the issues we're facing today. Yea, the issues don't matter. DRAMA matters.


Outkast, the way you spin everything, never ceases to amaze me.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
I voted for Ron Paul in 08. I find now he is not totally for life. This is how
Paul voted. The "morning after pill" is an abomination! It has killed some
of the mothers too. Judgment, #1 for our country is abortion.

Day-after pill allows individual moral choice. (Apr 2011)

Rick Santorum is the only one of the four left who is totally for life.

Romney is not a Christian, he belongs to a non-Trinitarian sect, they
reject Our Lord is God!!


Ron Paul delivered over 4000 babies and he knows - correctly - that the Federal government banning things we don't like doesn't work. If you want it to be murder then make it murder. That is the correct approach.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ararisq
 


I'm not watching the post debate show...but why are you surprised. Ron Paul didn't create any fireworks tonight...all the talk worthy action was from Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich.

Ron Paul didn't do anything talk worthy tonight...we found out nothing new from him, he didn't get any great attacks in on anyone...he is just the same old Ron Paul...it could of been a debate from 2008. I know his supporters like his "consistency"...but it's boring and honestly not news worthy.


Ron Paul did and the issues are real - I'd rather hear this panel discuss what Ron Paul meant by the world reserve currency than how Romney has better hair than Gingrich and how that might play with the voters.


I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people voted in someone for having nice hair.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I thought Newt came off fairly well, with a nice aggressive opening. He also named companies and programs -- specifics that he tied to North Carolina. He's done his homework, and I expect his NC numbers will take a bounce upward tomorrow.


Yea, too bad hes only out for himself and the people filling his wallet. If not for that he would be such a great person and president.

/sarcasm

I don't understand how someone can NOT hate that man, much less vote for him. Not saying you would, but I guess some people do.


Originally posted by Wookiep
Confirmed. I've been watching for 45 min now, not one mention of Paul. The man is in the final four, got second in the last primary, had a great debate tonight, the crowd even called out the MSM and yet not one word is mentioned about him post debate. I always think it's going to get easier getting numb to this BS, but it never happens. I'm still pissed off as hell.


It's so obvious now I think it is actually helping Ron Paul.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm not opposed to making cuts...but I live in reality...not in Ron Paul's fantasy world.

Name me two things that are fantasy?

And who do you support?



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by ararisq
I'm blown away by this coverage - clearly we're not supposed to vote for Ron Paul.

*40* minutes and the words Ron and Paul have not been mentioned.


Confirmed. I've been watching for 45 min now, not one mention of Paul. The man is in the final four, got second in the last primary, had a great debate tonight, the crowd even called out the MSM and yet not one word is mentioned about him. I always think it's going to get easier getting numb to this BS, but it never happens. I'm still pissed off as hell.


Yep, supposedly we're to believe Paul can't beat Obama - if that were true wouldn't Donna Brazil and Ari Fleisher be giving him some nods? He's turning back in to Voldemort.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by UKTruth
 


Ron Paul was not "so good" tonight from my perspective.

He gave the same answer...and he rambled and stuttered, like he always does.

I know every Ron Paul supporter will say he won hands down...but will anyone else???


I think you're right on this. I am one of the undecided and he just doesn't have a strong personality. I'm still undecided but I don't think he showed very well tonight.

I do not like Santorum but I think even he showed better than Ron. I have a debate taped so I will probably watch it again tomorrow. Maybe then I'll make up my mind.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This was the best part of the debate imo





posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Idiots (CNN) - the race isn't over after South Carolina -- with THREE % of the delegates decided. THREE! And those 3% SPLIT among 4 people.

Are you kidding me CNN?



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
For me personally I don't really have to watch a debate to know someone 'won'.

I mean, there are people who SHOW better in debates, like Romney, but when it comes to policy and the actual APPLIED thinking that one must have for me to support them as President, Ron Paul is it.

Ron Paul basically 'wins' already. I know the other candidate's positions, and I know Ron's. There is no comparison.

Ron Paul wins....again, and again, and again.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join