It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Paul on Illegal Immigration

WIN - bring the troops home and get the Department of Defense to DEFEND our borders.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Everybody looked at Paul like he is gonna make them look bad.

Honeybadger don't give a S*!t, Ron is preaching truth like no other.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I can't give Paul a win in a debate that he doesn't have any control in.

If he wants to win a debate...he needs to be more commanding. He sits, he waits, he gets ignored, he gets called in, gives his same canned answer he gives at every debate in a very awkward and stuttering fashion, and he goes back to sitting, and waiting....wash, rinse, repeat.

It's hard to say who is "winning" this debate. Gingrich squashed the ex-wife story...Romney has successfully stayed on his spinning platform...Santorum is attacking like an animal...and Ron Paul is giving his consistant answer.
edit on 19-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

That's enough for me

link   
Ron Paul agrees with me...Instead of watching the 38th parallel boarder, why don't we just use those resources here...Enough said

link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

When Ron Paul says things like need to get out of South Korea that's where he loses me as a veteran and having served their I know the importance of why we need to be there and so should he.

So you disagree with your brothers in uniform?
He gets the most active duty donations than everyone else combined

No I dissagree with Ron Paul. I don't care where his money comes from. That should not be the point.

Rather have money donated to a candidate from Vets then corporations and banks. And I believe campaign donations speak highly of the man. Most vets are sick of war (obviously I'm guessing , those that are not stationed in SK).

Really though, We need to be there? Why?

To maintain peace?

What happens when our economy collapses because we overstretched ourselves protecting other nations? What happens then, peace wise?

Either we get out now and try to maintain our own boarders or we continue to overstretch our military arms/ eventually financially self destructing because of it. Either way, we will eventually leave. I'd rather have our own nation remain stability.

I'm not singling you out, I just don't get why people think we can continue to play world police, without compromising our own national security. It's not our job to play world police. We do not need bases in almost every country on earth....

We can't afford it anyways. If things don't change, it's going to get worse here at home.

If we leave South Korea North Korea will attack and they will win unless we go back to war. We have promised to defend South Korea pulling out is not a option. When I was there there were at least three times that North Korea threatened war. The DMZ is a cease-fire scenario technically they are still at war. Still like your cheap cars and electronics and that is only possible because we have troops there. That is only part of the reason but it is enough of a reason.

The idea that I should vote for Ron Paul because other people in the military vote for Ron Paul is antiAmerican. I served my country but I did not give up my right to have my own opinion. The opposite should be true. I have my own idea of why Ron Paul is popular with military. He is not as popular with veterans.

Ron Paul just made a point that we should bring our troops home and put them on our borders which is unconstitutional. Somebody should call him out on that.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I can't give Paul a win in a debate that he doesn't have any control in.

If he wants to win a debate...he needs to be more commanding. He sits, he waits, he gets ignored, he gets called in, gives his same canned answer he gives at every debate in a very awkward and stuttering fashion, and he goes back to sitting, and waiting....wash, rinse, repeat.

It's hard to say who is "winning" this debate. Gingrich squashed the ex-wife story...Romney has successfully stayed on his spinning platform...Santorum is attacking like an animal...and Ron Paul is giving his consistant answer.
edit on 19-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Newt answered the ex-wife question well, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he squashed the story. What makes you think it basically doesn't exist anymore, and isn't a problem? The interview hasn't even aired on the west coast. Not sure about the east.
edit on 19-1-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Abortion was a issue 25 years ago

Lets talk Iran, Deficits, education, Frustrating

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Romney calls MA healthcare "Romneycare"!

lol

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Uh oh...I think Romney has had an ego stroke...he's stumbling horribly over his own words....

link   
They need to carry ron Paul out of there like he just won the Super Bowl

link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

When Ron Paul says things like need to get out of South Korea that's where he loses me as a veteran and having served their I know the importance of why we need to be there and so should he.

So you disagree with your brothers in uniform?
He gets the most active duty donations than everyone else combined

No I dissagree with Ron Paul. I don't care where his money comes from. That should not be the point.

Rather have money donated to a candidate from Vets then corporations and banks. And I believe campaign donations speak highly of the man. Most vets are sick of war (obviously I'm guessing , those that are not stationed in SK).

Really though, We need to be there? Why?

To maintain peace?

What happens when our economy collapses because we overstretched ourselves protecting other nations? What happens then, peace wise?

Either we get out now and try to maintain our own boarders or we continue to overstretch our military arms/ eventually financially self destructing because of it. Either way, we will eventually leave. I'd rather have our own nation remain stability.

I'm not singling you out, I just don't get why people think we can continue to play world police, without compromising our own national security. It's not our job to play world police. We do not need bases in almost every country on earth....

We can't afford it anyways. If things don't change, it's going to get worse here at home.

If we leave South Korea North Korea will attack and they will win unless we go back to war. We have promised to defend South Korea pulling out is not a option. When I was there there were at least three times that North Korea threatened war. The DMZ is a cease-fire scenario technically they are still at war. Still like your cheap cars and electronics and that is only possible because we have troops there. That is only part of the reason but it is enough of a reason.

The idea that I should vote for Ron Paul because other people in the military vote for Ron Paul is antiAmerican. I served my country but I did not give up my right to have my own opinion. The opposite should be true. I have my own idea of why Ron Paul is popular with military. He is not as popular with veterans.

Ron Paul just made a point that we should bring our troops home and put them on our borders which is unconstitutional. Somebody should call him out on that.

He means with the National Guard

link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Yeah, I find little DEBATE in these so-called debates. There is not debate on principled views and Ron Paul is the only one that HAS any so they should all be debating Ron Paul and not each other on who said what in what "debate".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You must be a man, and not an intelligent one, if you think abortion isn't an issue anymore.

link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I was going to stay out of this, but what the heck.
Why in the hell do you suppose it is YOUR duty to "protect" South Korea? Or OUR duty? How do you benefit besides getting a paycheck?
You are protecting the interests of BIG CORPORATIONS, not your own interests, or those of your family, unless you work for these corporations directly. And of course, those same corporations serve only themselves, not the interests of Americans in general.
South Korea can afford their OWN damn protection.

link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Paul on Illegal Immigration

WIN - bring the troops home and get the Department of Defense to DEFEND our borders.

That would be unconstitutional. You can use National Guard troops on the borders but not federal troops unless he's willing to declare war. Two people you really want to see federal troops on our borders? I have seen so many threads where people were afraid just that yet people are cheering for that because Ron Paul said that. That is insanity.

link   

i was a Korean linguist in the army.

South Korea is not a push over. North Korea is not as all powerful as you say, most of North korea is starving... not figuratively, LITERALLY starving - many to death!

North Korea has been propped by China, and it has ALWAYS been a proxy war between the US and China... that is not something you will hear on the nightly news.

link   
Did I hear that right? Romney said now's not the time to question integrity? Seriously? It's the PERFECT time!

link   
Santorum is reaching new lows in this debate. One of the most unlikable presidential candidates I've encountered. Makes Bachmann look like Reagan.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Did you hear the crowd's reaction to the question about his ex-wife???

Sure, the talking heads will talk about it...but it will never be a debate question again, it won't be an interview question without him giving the same exact answer, and none of the candidates will pick it up as an attack because of how the crowd reacted.

I thought the story was a big joke after they hyped it up so much and then it came out to just be more dirt about his marriages. So in my opinion...I don't think it was much of a story to begin with.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

You must be a man, and not an intelligent one, if you think abortion isn't an issue anymore.

Ill let the Intelligent shot slide

But dont you find it funny , that Abortion only comes up at ELECTION TIME.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join