It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul has the only REAL and EFFECTIVE solution to illegal immigration and he is about to hit another homer .....

link   
I hope Gingrich doesn't have Gold in his teeth with a wife like that.
You know she's a digger.

link   

Originally posted by squidboy
Is Romney talking about introducing the "National ID" card through an attempt to curb illegal work?

Hmmmm...

Yes. He basically said he supports the REAL ID ACT with biometrics. You can't buy anything or get a job before you show that and all of that will be approved and tracked by the feds.

More Mitt being a globalist shill.

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That was Fred Thompson, wasn't it? Looked like him. Of course he had a goatee. Maybe he was from the mirror universe.

link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Hmmm no I am not trying to change your mind I have had friends stationed in S. Korea, Japan, Okinawa. They said it was cake, really didn't do anything but field ops, and PT which is what they do in Garrison here in the states. So yeah I am just saying the reality of it, and it is a waste of money....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99

Originally posted by mossme89
Has Paul done well so far?

When they let him talk

Dude I love your avi lol

link   
I can't give Paul a win in a debate that he doesn't have any control in.

If he wants to win a debate...he needs to be more commanding. He sits, he waits, he gets ignored, he gets called in, gives his same canned answer he gives at every debate in a very awkward and stuttering fashion, and he goes back to sitting, and waiting....wash, rinse, repeat.

It's hard to say who is "winning" this debate. Gingrich squashed the ex-wife story...Romney has successfully stayed on his spinning platform...Santorum is attacking like an animal...and Ron Paul is giving his consistant answer.
edit on 19-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Ron Paul has the only REAL and EFFECTIVE solution to illegal immigration and he is about to hit another homer .....

If they would let him... I'm getting bored to tears listening to these other... um... bottom wipes

*watches clock*

link   
I notice a pattern, Paul gets last word on all the questions.

Romney seems to favor a national id card for employers to check. Papers please...

Ah, here we go again - Paul please wait while the other candidates bicker back and forth for 20 minutes.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How many times has John King said "And then will bring Dr Paul into this conversation"???

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I can give Paul a win in a debate that he doesn't have any control in.

If he wants to win a debate...he needs to be more commanding. He sits, he waits, he gets ignored, he gets called in, gives his same canned answer he gives at every debate in a very awkward and stuttering fashion, and he goes back to sitting, and waiting....wash, rinse, repeat.

How do you know that when he's not being shown on camera when you think he's not raising his hand?

At times I think the same, but then again he's not on screen so how do we know?

link   
Ridiculous argument. The majority of immigrants don't want to be citizens because they can do better riding the system.

My significant other is from South America, came here and became a citizen within two years!

It's not that difficult!

link   
I hate to say this , But Satorium made a good point on imma]igration

First tonite

link   
i love sociology and try to notice patterns, here is an internal micromanagement argument.

they go grinwitch to bombney to sanitorium and ricky boy attacks both the others, so they get response, they keep saying "we want to go to congressman paul" but really, when all is said and done, they shut him out. ugh.

in retrospect, though, if RP gets the last word, he can slam dunk the opposition.

cmon rp talk about real id!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
As much as I think Ron Paul is doing very, very well today... I must say I am a bit scared... I despise Santorum so much for very many reasons, and today he seems so much appreciated by the audience. If he wins South Carolina above Paul, it would prove that people are ready to bow down to a Nazi-like routine. If he wins... or if Romney or Gingrich even wins, is this country not run by complete emotion? Mitt plays the anti-Obama "electable man" card, Gingrich plays the comedy routine, and Santorum whines until he gets what he wants. Please let logic set this country free...

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Twice Santorum has called out Gingrich and Romney now, which requires a rebuttal. No-one has really butt in tonight, this debate has been all about rebuttals.

link   
Pauls nailing it on the aliens..

He knows how to protect our borders..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That's true, if we can't see him we don't know.

But...the others will SPEAK up...they will call out "John!" if they aren't being acknowledged.

link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Ok good, Paul just got the most applause out of anyone tonight from his illegal immigration quote.

EDIT: Glad he understands that we need to protect our borders instead of other countries'. No one even came close to his solution.
edit on 19-1-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

link   
Put those troops ont the USA border yea Ron

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join