It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Ron Paul doesn't get bothered by lobbyists, this is true

but what do you guys think on RP not releasing his tax returns?
Was that a good move?

I don't think it was particularly damaging. I think it's only such a big deal for Romney because he looks like he has something to hide.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Ron Paul doesn't get bothered by lobbyists, this is true

but what do you guys think on RP not releasing his tax returns?
Was that a good move?

Its part of his personal freedoms

I support him

This is true but he's a public figure now running for president
It's a little more complicated than that

link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
Am I the only one who thinks this is Santorum's worst debate performance of the entire campaign. He's coming across incredibly shrill, angry, reactive, tense, bitter, and whiny. He'll lose votes after this, and let's all hope he drops out after Saturday.

Nah. He has always been like this. Just more camera time

link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Santorum sounds like Newt in mid-December when his poll numbers tanked... mindlessly lobbing vague attacks on his fellow candidates.

People don't like whining, no matter who it's coming from.
edit on 19-1-2012 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

link   
Damn good debate so far..

RP rocks with his answers..

Romney..meh..not so good..sure does stutter a lot..

link   

Am I the only one who thinks this is Santorum's worst debate performance of the entire campaign. He's coming across incredibly shrill, angry, reactive, tense, bitter, and whiny. He'll lose votes after this, and let's all hope he drops out after Saturday.

He literally looks like he ate bad Mexican food and is going to crap his pants. Sweat keeps pouring down his face.

link   
Hi my name is Mitt Romney:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by UKTruth
Paul is winning this debate.

Santorum - angy schoolboy
Romney - liar
Gingrich - fantasist
Paul - honest and intelligent

But we are a little biased

Many RP people here

Genuinely what i think.

link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

When Ron Paul says things like need to get out of South Korea that's where he loses me as a veteran and having served their I know the importance of why we need to be there and so should he.

So you disagree with your brothers in uniform?
He gets the most active duty donations than everyone else combined

No I dissagree with Ron Paul. I don't care where his money comes from. That should not be the point.

Rather have money donated to a candidate from Vets then corporations and banks. And I believe campaign donations speak highly of the man. Most vets are sick of war (obviously I'm guessing , those that are not stationed in SK).

Really though, We need to be there? Why?

To maintain peace?

What happens when our economy collapses because we overstretched ourselves protecting other nations? What happens then, peace wise?

Either we get out now and try to maintain our own boarders or we continue to overstretch our military arms/ eventually financially self destructing because of it. Either way, we will eventually leave. I'd rather have our own nation remain stability.

I'm not singling you out, I just don't get why people think we can continue to play world police, without compromising our own national security. It's not our job to play world police. We do not need bases in almost every country on earth....

We can't afford it anyways. If things don't change, it's going to get worse here at home.

link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

IP isn't legitimate property, IMHO.

2nd.

link   
I just wish RP would have said he returned 100k

Would have scored big

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

He literally looks like he ate bad Mexican food and is going to crap his pants. Sweat keeps pouring down his face.

+1
Second important line

link   
Gingrich says he needs internet... On the flip side Ron Paul needs more media--good media anyway. Something that Gingrich has P L E N T Y of...

link   
Romney=Doofus..

huhuhuhuhuhhuh

link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Had me cackling. It's true, though.

link   

Originally posted by Byrd

When Ron Paul says things like need to get out of South Korea that's where he loses me as a veteran and having served their I know the importance of why we need to be there and so should he.

So you disagree with your brothers in uniform?
He gets the most active duty donations than everyone else combined

I checked the numbers, and actually Obama gets more donations than Paul. Hunt the figures up for yourself. So the talking point should be "more active duty donations than any other Republican candidate."

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Byrd

You are mistaken, Ron Paul has the most campaign donations from active duty military in different quarters. These numbers were researched and accumulated in quarterly FEC reports and have been fact-checked and used by the MSM.

So if you found a particular quarter where Obama received more campaign donations from active duty military, please state that quarter and year.

Also Ron Paul is the one that received more campaign donations from active duty military in 2011 Q2 and Q3, I don't believe Q1 has been counted because it was too early and Q4 isn't released yet. No one else is counting these figures so whatever figure you're getting may be from the past or isn't accurate.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Did anyone notice in the opening shot of all 4 candidates on stage...after they were announced individually and John King said "these are the Republican candidates" when they were standing in front of the podiums...that Ron Paul was alone on the right and the 3 others were bunched together on the left? That was awesome.

Can someone get a screen shot?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Grimpachi

Hmmm no we shouldn't be there, because the bases there the troops live the garrison life. If you want Garrison life stay in the states not overseas that is a waste of tax dollars...

if you are trying to change my mind you're not doing a very good job at it. I have been there I know what kind of life it is. I also know why we need to be there if you do not then I suggest you do some homework.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow this is by far Paul's best showing in a debate. He must have got some coaching because he is doing so much better at pointing out others flaws and voting records while pointing out that he is the only vetran onstage, he's the first republican to oppose SOPA, etc.. Well done future president Paul.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ron Paul does get more military contributions than Obama...but not by as much as the other Republican candidates.

www.opensecrets.org...

Paul: $95,567

Obama: $72,616

Next highest is:

Romney: $13,300
edit on 19-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join