Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I can't stand how Mitt Romney claims it's not bad to be successful when he was born into a life and family of great wealth and privilege. Maybe that's why he won't release any information.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Has Paul done well so far?

I know you'll take my opinion with a grain of salt.

But, it seems par for the course with Paul. He gets ignored because he doesn't demand to speak. His answers are nothing new...same answers from every other debate. No one is reallly attacking him...it's really a three person debate because Paul isn't demanding time, he isn't giving answers that anyone cares to challenge, and he isn't attacking anyone.

Oh...and he has a group of idiots in the crowd that scream, not cheer...scream, like morons after he says something.

link   
Yea...blame Ron Paul for FOLLOWING THE RULES.

Come on people, let's get real. If everybody just followed the rules and the moderators did their job, there wouldn't need to be speaking out of turn.

Don' hate the player, hate the game. Especially when the player follows the rules.

link   
So is Mitt successful or was his dad the one who was successful? Getting an inheritance from a parent doesn't mean your successful, but your parents are the ones who are successful..Haha Romney is choking up...Over Taxes

link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Not one person is asking Mitt to apologize for being successful. We're asking for your tax returns, to prove you aren't corrupt.

You don't need that to know he's corrupt. Come on.

The guy has millions in the Cayman Islands.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

link   
Ron Paul will soon want to talk about regulation and why jobs are going overseas

Mark my words he will talk about it

That is if he's given the chance

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Gotcha. What'd you think of Romney's answer on taxes? I thought he sorta bombed it, made a slight recovery, but still pretty bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When Ron Paul says things like need to get out of South Korea that's where he loses me as a veteran and having served their I know the importance of why we need to be there and so should he. I like a lot of things about Ron Paul except his ideas about the military. The biggest thing I don't like about Ron Paul are his supporters(most of them). They certainly do not win me over.

I am watching this debate tonight not because I'm rooting for anybody but I am trying to make up my mind on who I will support. For those are hard core Ron Paul supporters when you attack others and call them names and so on and so on you make people like me do not want to be affiliated with your group.

Just a bit of advice for some of the hotheads that insists on name calling, you are hurting your cause.

link   
Can you imagine a Santorum v Obama race? Obama by 20 points? 25?

link   

Gotcha. What'd you think of Romney's answer on taxes? I thought he sorta bombed it, made a slight recovery, but still pretty bad.

Which time....

link   
Ask Mitt why his money in the cayman island's?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Yea...blame Ron Paul for FOLLOWING THE RULES.

Come on people, let's get real. If everybody just followed the rules and the moderators did their job, there wouldn't need to be speaking out of turn.

Don' hate the player, hate the game. Especially when the player follows the rules.

No, he has to play the game.

Following the rules in this case, is not nearly as important as being aggressive and getting your word out. You think a year from now anyone will care if Ron followed the rules?

link   

Wow, crowd did NOT like Mitt's answer on taxes.

Well...at least a small vocal group didn't like it.

Watch it again...you can tell it is a small group that is booing...I suspect it is the Ron Paul people who are screaming when he talks.

He got way more applause about not apologizing for being successful than he got boo'd.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Which time....

The one a few minutes back

link   

reply to post by spire

Wow yeah. it's like he's not even in the camera wide shot

Yup, for the past 30 to 40 minutes I have seen Paul in 1 or 2 'wide-shots' of the candidates, it's insane! All the other times it's either been Newt, Mitt and Rick, or 1 of them, and Paul only get the camera on him when he's basically talking... What the hell is wrong with this world?!

What people should do, is not think political in this election, think about your future and your kids... Think outside the box, look at the big picture... IMO, this election is about worlds freedom. 2012 IS gonna be a hell of a year!

link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
When Ron Paul says things like need to get out of South Korea that's where he loses me as a veteran and having served their I know the importance of why we need to be there and so should he.

So you disagree with your brothers in uniform?
He gets the most active duty donations than everyone else combined

link   
I wish Rick Perry was in this debate. "oops"

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Oh...and he has a group of idiots in the crowd that scream, not cheer...scream, like morons after he says something.

Semantics.

Paul is untouchable, yet condemn his supporters...

Not as bad as a crowd booing the Golden Rule, imho....

link   

I hear ya. Still, makes you wonder if he has something controversial in his tax returns.

link   

Originally posted by maddog99
Can Mitt answer a question without saying, OBAMA??????

I noticed that. He's framing everything to imply to people that he's the one to be able to take on Obama. However, I think Newt's answers are far better than his.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join