It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Movie industry always profits in the end from innovations it tries to suppress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Matador Network has put out a great infographic showing how the movie industry has fought every innovation since its inception yet, in the end, the innovations they fight against end up making them millions in profits.

Sometimes their predictions about how some new tech will "end the motion picture industry as we know it" turn out to be completely wrong and the new tech ends up increasing their market share.

That hasn't stopped the movie industry from crying gloom and doom EVERY TIME, running to Big Gov to protect their ever-growing profits. Currently, 65% of industry revenue comes from innovations they said would ruin their industry at one time or another.

You can view the infographic here: Infographic: Why the movie industry is so wrong about SOPA.

Its WAY to big to upload to this site.

The infographic then goes on to compare SOPA to closing down a retail store because someone shoplifted a shirt from inside.

edit on 1/19/12 by FortAnthem because: I hate when the title gets cut off.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is an excellent graphic that shows how the movie and entertainment industry goes into a panic every single time some new technology comes along, running to big gov to suppress said tech to protect their profit margins.

They may lose money for a time but, in the end, they always overcome the new tech and find a way to use it to their advantage. I don't see why this time should be any different. The cost of seeing a movie in the theaters is getting astronomical. I can get an annual Zoo membership for the cost o taking my family to the movies ONCE.

The fact that the average family can't afford to go to the movies as often drives down their profits. They need to find a way to use the internet to disseminate movies to a wider audience at a price the average family can afford.

Maybe if they figure out how to do this, they can make the internet as profitable as every other medium they have tried to crush throughout their history.

new topics

join