It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd rainbow clouds (HAARP?) Over Colorado 1/18/2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yesterday I was riding my bike to grab some lunch when i noticed these crazy rainbow, what i assume to be HAARP, clouds over Fort Collins, Colorado.
As you can see in the pictures, there were plenty of other clouds in the sky yesterday, and all were moving at a good speed; the rainbow clouds however did not move at all and remained in that same position for the twenty minutes that i watched them.
I could only see them through my sunglasses since they were so close to the sun, I called my roommate over and he watched them with me.
I thought it was interesting that they didnt move, wind speeds were pretty great yesterday.

edit on 00/00/0000 by ka119 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's the moisture in the clouds creating the rainbow, after all clouds are made of water.

A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. It takes the form of a single arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
they're just ice crystals refracting sunlight. i dont think you would be able to see HAARP as it's radio waves.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

I saw them here in Golden yesterday! and they are easier to see with polarized lenses as well.
and since when do clouds have that gas on water rainbow? You would of heard of it by now! hell I have 4 kids (2Daughters)and never in any of their books do clouds have rainbows... So the question is how do we prove its more then water?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Earth quake possibility

something similar to this was spotted right before the big japan quake.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Other member thread
Another

just keeping an open mind, granted they were not moving i found it a little odd. these pictures were taken at roughly 3 pm, we went and ate and they were still there around 4 pm in the same exact spot, same formation.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakshowfatty
reply to post by ka119

I saw them here in Golden yesterday! and they are easier to see with polarized lenses as well.
and since when do clouds have that gas on water rainbow? You would of heard of it by now! hell I have 4 kids (2Daughters)and never in any of their books do clouds have rainbows... So the question is how do we prove its more then water?

thats interesting! just looking on youtube alone I found multiple videos in the past few years from all over Colorado showing this, hmmm maybe we are next for some disaster?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

"It is impossible for an observer to manoeuvre to see any rainbow from water droplets at any angle other than the customary one (which is 42 degrees from the direction opposite the Sun). Even if an observer sees another observer who seems "under" or "at the end" of a rainbow, the second observer will see a different rainbow further off-yet, at the same angle as seen by the first observer. Thus, a "rainbow" is not a physical object, and cannot be physically approached"
From your WIKI... those pics look a bit different then 42 degrees

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

With all due respect, I feel I could identify a rainbow and set it aside from these odd clouds.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

we did have those little earthquakes awhile back perhaps they precursers to something bigger?...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think I got this one solved...I saw these clouds myself a few months back and looked into it. I found that when the sun is high up in the sky, and reflects through water droplets at something like a 45 degree angle, it refracts the light like a rainbow, giving the cloud a rainbow effect. Don't get me wrong I guess it could be HAARP but I'm pretty sure this one is normal.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Lapislazuli because: to add

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That's just water vapor in the sky. Nothing strange about it.

If you want strange rainbow things ... over DC/B'More/Wilmington/Philly we have had rows of rainbows in a perfectly blue sky crossing the entire length of the sky. It's happened a bunch since the beginning of November. Can't get it on film, it's too faint. But it's freak'n strange!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

Huh, well I guess we will have to wait and see

Did you by chance hear those intense vibrations (kind of like all this lords trumpet business) going on last fall?
All this together is starting to weird me out.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Chem Trails perhaps?
Was that right before the huge quake out there last year? That would be quite the coincidence, as with the 2008 China quake.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

No but I saw the thread yesterday on the banging noise heard around the EQ time

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka119

With all due respect, I feel I could identify a rainbow and set it aside from these odd clouds.

Yea, obviously....every time someone sees a rainbow it's got to be HAARP now. Funny thing is if you really want to know you can look on the Gakona Magnetometer to see if HARRP was on 1/18/2012....naw let's just call it HAARP for fun.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...
HAARP saw no action on the 18th or the 19th
edit on 19-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

The effect of "rainbow" appearance is merely sunlight refracting through the various water (or ice) particles in the clouds. And, HAARP has absolutely nothing to do with clouds.....HAARP is designed to interact with the ionosphere....this is 40 kilometers (or more) above the Earth's surface, well above any clouds, and well above any weather on Earth.

Guess it's time to dust off this old classic, always good for a laugh:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Interesting phenomenon you captured

We had the same freaky rainbows and clouds around Memphis in October of last year. Took a few pictures, but not good, as I was driving down I40 at the time. Being in an area of Earthquake history, I was wondering if this was a sign of some disaster to come. Nope.

But here's one of my pics - they were beautiful - rainbows everywhere

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm confused. If clouds are water vapor, a gas, how can light be refracted through gas. If there are actual water droplets or ice, wouldn't that be called rain, snow or hail? Not a cloud?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Im in Colorado and see these ALL the time. Also known as "fire clouds" or "sun dogs"

The clouds needed for these rare events have to be cirrus and at least 20,000 feet in the air, with just the right amount of ice crystals. The sun also has to hit the clouds at precisely 58 degrees

VERY common occurance in Colorado

More...

Sun halos, pillars and sundogs can happen during any season. "The icy crystals that cause them form in high altitude clouds 5 km or so above Earth's surface where it is always freezing," says Bruce Wielicki, an atmospheric scientist at NASA's Langley Research Center
science.nasa.gov...

edit on January 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join