Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Newt Is Right - Obama IS The Food Stamp President - Added 14.2 Million!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is a bad thing...why?

Is it really that wrong for a country to help starving people EAT?

I mean, seriously, all the uproar over a record number of people getting food stamp assistance in troubled economic times, would you people rather these people go hungry, to starve? Unless they trade for cash (which happens, yes), they DO have to buy foodstuffs, you know.

And there are a LOT of KIDS eating who would otherwise be hungry, and not get proper nutrition for their developing bodies and minds.

Is this a BAD thing, to feed your hungry populace, or should they have to fend for themselves since since those who aren't starving are benefiting from capitalism? [[A "capitalist in the white house" would certainly not help people eat, as they are concerned about the benefits of capitalism, which is benefit to oneself, while letting those not benefiting deal with troubles themselves (including no food assistance for their kids).]]

If it's bad to assist people by providing a means by which to eat, i have little hope for such people...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

I mean, seriously, all the uproar over a record number of people getting food stamp assistance in troubled economic times, would you people rather these people go hungry, to starve? Unless they trade for cash (which happens, yes), they DO have to buy foodstuffs, you know.

And there are a LOT of KIDS eating who would otherwise be hungry, and not get proper nutrition for their developing bodies and minds.

Is this a BAD thing, to feed your hungry populace, or should they have to fend for themselves since since those who aren't starving are benefiting from capitalism? [[A "capitalist in the white house" would certainly not help people eat, as they are concerned about the benefits of capitalism, which is benefit to oneself, while letting those not benefiting deal with troubles themselves (including no food assistance for their kids).]]

If it's bad to assist people by providing a means by which to eat, i have little hope for such people...
edit on 19-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

We need to get the economy growing and people off of food stamps.

We have 46 million people dependent on the government for food. We need that number
to go down not up.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes it's an issue and whole system of people to pack it up. could have spent the money putting people to work but most don't wan it.

I cna't actually they dug up old Nutte I could swear he's at leas 110 years old. going for the blue hair vote is a sign of desperation.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
The food stamp program is not with out it's faults. Millions of people are approved without meeting the requirements. It's very easy to lie on the application and get away with it. I don't think it's Obama, I think the system in which grant the food stamps to the people needs an overhaul, with stricter guidelines.

It's easy to tell SS you have no job, then turn around and work/sell drugs for cash under the table. Your suppose to claim any money made, but do you think people are really honesty enough to do that? No.

Stricter rules, fewer people on Food Stamps. However Obama sucks anyway you wanna slice it.
edit on 19-1-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

Yeah well thanks to people who demanded tougher guidelines people who really need it have to wait months to get any help. They want all these ridiculous forms filled out by your old boss who may hate you then mailed back to them. Then they will only make a decision when they feel like it. Its so bad now you can not even get a hold of the person they tell you to call for an Interview. However if your poor, have no computer, are an illegal alien or black they will roll out the red carpet for you. I recently became disabled and if it were not for my parents I would be on the street living in a cardboard box.

I think the whole dam system is a cluster **** And is going to crash soon. That makes me all warm and fuzzy knowing the government is sitting on all that money I have paid them since I was 14 for nothing.

The simple fact that there is no help at all for someone who gets disabled for months or more is a god dam joke!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Obama has added 14.2 Million in only 3 years!

This is a disgrace!
We can do better than that.
January 2008 32 million were on food stamps.

October 2011 46 million are on food stamps!!!

I would like to know the number for January 2009

A quick google search shows food stamps have been spiking up quite significantly since 2007.

As we can see, this trend started very much under whoever was before Obama (some sort of weed or bush, right?).
If we consider the graph, the unemployment rate obviously influences the food stamp assistance bar, and at the end of 2009, the unemployment bar seemed to have been ninja kicked from its upward momentum and wiggles lots. Food stamps continue to trend up until it equals to the bar (which makes sense)..

But ya...the car crashed long before obama was in control, but I suppose we can blame the first guy on the scene verses the person driving the car if it makes you feel better, but it isn't going to make you understand the truth..and is it better to know truth or hold an ideology?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeah thanks to the Fed crashing the economy. The Banks got trillions and we get crumbs if it. Americans need to wake up and start taking back this country a whole lot faster than they are now because millions are suffering while our stupid government sends tons of money over seas.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
The simple fact that there is no help at all for someone who gets disabled for months or more is a god dam joke!!!

What you have to understand is, that to the GOP and its supporters, it is all your own fault, and you are a lazy worthless scumbag...

Got hurt on the job and are now disabled? It's your fault; you should have not been hurt, and you should have saved up all your wages for medical bills in case you were.

Disabled and not able to work? It's your fault; you should have thought of that before you were disabled, and saved up your wages for this, so you can take care of yourself.

And it goes on and on, ad nauseum. If you are poor or disabled and need some assistance in order to have a chance at improving your lot, it is all your fault and you are a lazy no-good bum who wants nothing other than to suck at the teat of gov't and those good hardworking Republicans.

It's a simple formula, well suited for the minds of those who ascribe to it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

edit on 19-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

We have 46 million people dependent on the government for food. We need that number
to go down not up.

People are having trouble finding work. Even if the economy was growing there would still be people needing jobs.

People need to eat while looking for work, before starting work, and before their paychecks arrive (not to mention the other expenses, such as housing, to which their paychecks go, and the fact that most people, even WITH jobs, can barely survive since the cost of living is rising while income isn't).

Agreed, we need to get the economy going, but people need to eat too. Foodstamps help them eat.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thread was doing too well. Moved off of Breaking Political News. I expected it.

-----------
Food stamps were given to 32 million people in Jan 2008. Obama just made everything
worse. Now 46 million are getting food stamps.

It was Obamas plan to grow the size of government.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

to go down not up.

Agreed 60% sort of.
Yes, a stronger economy is very much a good thing and jobs are absolutely critical..good jobs also, but keep in mind just a few things

1) Food stamps gives 100% back into the economy...unlike say a tax break where the extra money typically goes on vacations to switzerland, or savings, etc..it is the purest and most effective form of economic stimulation.

2) to qualify for food stamps means making under a certain wage. This means unemployed, underemployed, or just a crappy wage job. This is a result of -really- bad trade policy..this is a result of years of corporate outsourcing, favoritism towards corporations (whom are people of course -vom-). We need a president ready to put major tariffs on countries such as china, india, etc..until they have a roughly equal employee protection policy that is enforced..
Currently we have no presidential hopefuls even remotely considering that..even though that act alone would resolve every financial issue we, and arguably the entire west, currently is experiencing. Odd also considering both left and right agree this would solve pretty much all fiscal issues...far more than considering cutting fancy staples and whatever inconsequential cutting they discuss to fix the economy

3) I am of the opinion that food stamps should be given to anyone middle and lower class..expand it both for fiscal reasons, and because even a middle class person would like more luxury money to buy cool stuff...going back to point one, this program is proven to be 100% effective as a stimulus to the economy..so, instead of tax cuts for the wealthy, give good stamps to the middle class also and watch farming expand, shipping companys work more, etc etc...basically its increase demand across the board and everyone wins verses a few tycoons making a few extra hundred thousand a year to sit on on top of their millions.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Yeah thanks to the Fed crashing the economy. The Banks got trillions and we get crumbs if it. Americans need to wake up and start taking back this country a whole lot faster than they are now because millions are suffering while our stupid government sends tons of money over seas.

Nothing will truely change until the trade laws are looked at..we may have the odd bubble and bust still, but ultimately in the long haul, we are screwed and tossing some frozen water to stand on in the hole we are in is a temp fix.

Hopefully 2016 will not be just "the economy sucks" and shake fist at washington, but actually have a message on a solution demand..tariffs..
but too much money to keep the status quo. hard for the common people to compete with the likes of apple, playstation, etc..whom are making a crazy amount of profit using chinese slave labor.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Thread was doing too well. Moved off of Breaking Political News. I expected it.

-----------
Food stamps were given to 32 million people in Jan 2008. Obama just made everything
worse. Now 46 million are getting food stamps.

It was Obamas plan to grow the size of government.

Your clearly deciding to leave out a fairly keypoint
in mid 2008, GWB came out and said basically he broke the economy..we are totally screwed, and because of that, not only did we already have a unspoken recession already in progress, he basically kicked out the bottom right before he left,
We went into a free fall.
in jan 2009, bush was still the president..a person simply walking into the office does not suddenly hit the reset switch..in reality, the first year is a wash.
so, what was the number from febuary 2001 to feb 2009..then you will see who the true food stamp potus is.

You are taking the most narrow and dishonest slice of the picture and posting it as something for idealistic purposes only, screw honesty, screw truth..I understand what your doing, and I am a bit disappointed that people would gladly torch the big picture in order to paint a false picture that is agreeable to their chosen world view. Deny ignorance is the motto of the website, but I am not seeing how you are attempting to push forward truth if you are behaving like this.

Meh, it doesn't matter I guess, all these decisions are far removed from us anyhow..might as well all blame mickey mouse

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Thank you. I was wondering if someone was going to say that. One of the reasons there are so many people on welfare is BECAUSE of the economy. It's great to think that there are all thes available jobs out there that people don't want but I don't think that's the case. And even if you did take a job as a janitor or cafeteria worker, many still would not be able to support there families, so they have a seperate foodstamp program for people who work but are still having a hard time. The problem is that people get on these programs and figure why should I have to work when everything is getting paid for. The reason is that the government ALLOWS them to do this. There should be a time limit on how long you can be on and some kind of monthly criteria that they have to meet- like making sure they are at least trying to find a job, resume work, work skill program, or something. It's NOT a free ride but that's how people treat it. And they will continue to do so until the program is really analyzed and revamped.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Here may be the reasons you are not receiving benefits.... Are you a single male, only claiming yourself for assistance? They will always give a woman with children benefits over a single white male. Each state is allowed an allotted number of participants at a certain amount each. However, most people like I said in my previous post, LIE to get these benefits.

Also, if you think you have the right to food stamps then you can file a claim and present your case in front of a judge. If you can prove to the judge that you do in fact qualify, then the judge will grant you your wish.
However, You must consider that just because you are granted benefits, DOES NOT mean you will get a suitable amount.

Food stamps are to help supplement your food budget, not pay for it entirely. Also, there are more white people on food stamps than black, so....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Whether we like it or don't Obama is going to win 2012. It is already set in stone, especially with politics in this country.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

Whether we like it or don't Obama is going to win 2012. It is already set in stone, especially with politics in this country.

The unemployment rate is too high. Obama is toast.

Killing the Keystone Pipeline was foolish.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What is the official unemployment rate currently for the US? 10%? That's about 31 or so million people, so I would say 14.2 million added isn't that bad considering it could be a lot worse. Personally don't like Obama nor did I vote for him but this thread is pretty much pointless because food stamps usage (approval?) and it's correlation to the economy is pretty obvious.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

46 million people on food stamps is a disgrace. Don't accept it. Change it.

Don't be so quick to just roll over.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

46 million people on food stamps is a disgrace. Don't accept it. Change it.

Don't be so quick to just roll over.

I agree that in the USA, the richest country in the world, that that % of the population on food stamps is a disgrace. But I don't believe that the people on them have anything to be ashamed of; I just think as a country we can do a heck of a lot better.

I also believe that food stamps should be a temporary thing in their minds, but there are people on them because of factors not in their control (key term there) that need them in order to survive. I am totally against the mentality that those that are in true need of assistance are simply lazy or frauds which some make them out to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
im a cashier and its amazing how many people have food stamps

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join