It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Investigation of Newt Gingrich!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

In the 1990s, the FBI considered a sting operation against then-House Speaker Newt Gingrich after sifting through allegations from a notorious arms dealer that a $10 million bribe might get Congress to lift the Iraqi arms embargo.

Download and spread the PDF file. Why is this not on the news? Will Marianne talk about this in her interview tonight? I sure hope so, as it will certainly bring light to the corrupt filth that is Newt. Spread this link far and wide my friends

edit on 19-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/1/2012 by Sauron because: - internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Shame it wasnt mittens
we can hope.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Mittens is about to implode as well with his Cayman island accounts as well as his tax record amongst many other things.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Geez, this is soo sleazy and yuky , hope Marianne Gingrich spills all the beans

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I wouldnt surprise me if he really did do this. For the FBI to consider a sting, they must have accumulated some amount of evidence against him. I wonder why it never came to fruition?

What is the deal with your mustache? and what are you holding in your profile pic? --just a little good humored poking here......no offense....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So it's just Santorum, Romney and Paul?

PFFT. RP is a shoe-in now

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The story in the Washington Post is based on an article by John Trento. The arms dealer Soghanalian was working covertly for the FBI in a sting operation.

On October 5, Sarkis Soghanalian, once the world's largest private arms dealer, died at 82. He had sold weapons to scores of dictators including Saddam Hussein, and he took many secrets with him to his grave. But one secret he did not take involves Newt Gingrich when he was Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. DCBureau has learned that Gingrich was at the center of a U.S. Justice Department criminal investigation in the late 1990s for a scheme to shake down the arms dealer for a $10 million bribe in exchange for Gingrich using his influence as Speaker to get the Iraq arms embargo lifted so Soghanalian could collect $54 million from Saddam Hussein's regime for weapons he had delivered during the Iran-Iraq War.

Soghanalian was an FBI informant and was responsible for launching one of the most sensitive and secret investigations in FBI history involving the former Speaker and his second wife. According to Marianne Gingrich, it took the direct intervention of then FBI Director Louis J. Freeh to "get the investigation called off." Freeh did not return emails and telephone calls for comment.

www.dcbureau.org...

Michael Collins Piper has written an article which highlights how members of the Israel lobby acted as middlemen who helped to initiate the bribery.

Soghanalian was told $5 million was for Mrs. Gingrich; another $1 million was for Bennett. The recipients of the remaining $4 million were not named, but those who know how Capitol Hill bribery works presume this money would be used to help “grease the wheels” among other members of Congress who would help Gingrich expedite the operation.

americanfreepress.net...

Piper made also a podcast about this sting operation.
michaelcollinspiper.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The bigger question is where are the investigative reporters for MSM?

The article came out a year ago, but I've heard nothing about it on the news?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

Why did it not come to fruition?

I believe the top brass at the FBI decided it would look very bad to sting the Speaker of the House.
Chickens.

If you want anymore information you can check this thread out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great to see this issue being discussed again. Why not?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
The bigger question is where are the investigative reporters for MSM?

The article came out a year ago, but I've heard nothing about it on the news?

The story is only a month old. It is no wonder, that a story which is dealing with both corruption inside Washington DC and the corrupting influence of the Israel lobby has found little echo within the MSM. Both subjects are nearly taboo for the MSM.

Although, the whole operation came close to an entrapment scheme, the FBI probably had reason to suspect that the Gingriches were willing to accept bribes for political services. For me such corruption is hardly surprising. It is how Washington works. In my opinion the most interesting part of this story is how superior figures within the FBI intervened, before the corruption could be exposed.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
So it's just Santorum, Romney and Paul?

PFFT. RP is a shoe-in now

I wish.
Remember how rigged their voting is down there.

But yeah, Romney and Santorum are scary. They'll probably lead us right into WW3.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Yes, I stand corrected, the story only come out DECEMBER 2011. (I was thinking a year ago, but indeed it was only amonth ago)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ya know...a Ron Paul nomination might not be so far-fetched after all. If Romney were to be sufficiently illuminated for what he is--as Newt currently is--then what choice would the party have if they wanted to hope for a win?

Of course that's assuming there is such a thing as two parties.

But if they do care (it's a long-shot I know) it's going to become increasingly obvious that only ONE man can generate and motivate the masses in any significant way.

It could happen.

Ron Paul: Chuck Norris Approved.

edit on 19-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Of course that's assuming there is such a thing a two parties.

What more can I say?

Ron Paul: Chuck Norris Approved.

Ditto

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thank you for suggesting we look at the pdf file. Now that I have done so I will make sure that I don't send it to anyone. I don't want to look stupid or have my reputation hurt.

There is nothing in the file that indicates Newt Gingrich did anything wrong, or even wanted to do anything wrong. Marian said she needed money, she was told she could get money if Congress did so and so. Surprise, she said "I can do it, give me the money."

Newt was only mentioned a couple of times in passing, when you see "GINGRICH" in the file, it's referring to Marian (That's found in the first page.)

Any investigation of a Congressman (or family) gets routed to the Director. That's standard. Nothing special here.

I am willing to admit that it's possible that I missed it. But the only thing I saw in that file was Mrs. Gingrich trying to look influential so she could get paid. Show me what I missed. But until something is turned up, you may want to consider easing off on relying on this particular story to make Newt look bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Ron Paul: Chuck Norris Approved

I doubt it!

Norris is a Huckabee fan...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by The GUT

Ron Paul: Chuck Norris Approved
I doubt it!

Norris is a Huckabee fan...

Sounds like an endorsement to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Yes it does!

I never expected such a huge jump for Norris......Huckabee to Paul?

Maybe Chuck is afraid of Ron Paul!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It makes Marianne look bad imo.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You're right! It does state than Mrs Gingrich was approached on the subject of using hubby to lift the embargo. Lol now we know she likes to take money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join