It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's most exclusive gathering - Davos 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Davos 2012 CNN Report

The annual World Economic Forum

"The Great Transformation"

This was interesting - a meeting of the 0.00004%.
This is a $20G per plate party!
With extra charges it is often double that.

Taking it all back- this is what I would do if I could become invisible (referring to an earlier thread here on ATS) I would listen in on this meeting.

Of course I am concerned with the outcome but remain cautiously optimistic about our future and any NWO agenda. I hope it will be shaped by the people as opposed to the elite 1% or the 0.00004% or any special interest group.
As an "outsider" to these big decision making meetings - I hope for the best outcome naturally, but if this doesn't present itself I would join ranks with my fellow countrymen and demand the peoples interest be protected. This group is thought to be of very little influence but it is difficult to believe they do not, over the course of time, affect the outcomes of events in the world.

London (CNN) --

Following a year in which "people power" was the rallying cry from the Arab Spring to the Occupy movement, the annual World Economic Forum might seem an elitist anomaly.

Never mind the 1%, this is the 0.00004%: around 2,600 of the world's top political and business leaders, coming together to address the big issues -- most pressingly, the eurozone debt crisis -- in the luxurious surrounds of a Swiss ski resort.

And more from the story link:

Among those gathering in Europe's highest-altitude town from January 25 to 29 will be

Royalty from Saudi Arabia, Norway, Belgium and the Netherlands,

Billionaires like philanthropist George Soros,

Senior executives from Facebook, Google and other tech giants, ...

Leaders of countries including Germany, South Africa, Mexico,

and the world's youngest nation, South Sudan.

While admission is free for heads of state, civil society or faith leaders and international organizations, among others, those paying will face a $20,000 price tag for admission, plus other costs which can easily push the bill to $40,000.

But the true barrier to entry is having the power and influence to secure a "white badge" of invitation, the only means of admission to this most exclusive of clubs.

As undemocratic as the event may seem, the forum's architects say that the current global atmosphere of unrest will give discussions an even greater significance.

This year's theme is "The great transformation: shaping new models."

Here are some links related to last years meeting to give a rough idea for those including myself who never knew of this meeting annually.

"We are what we are - but we are developing" - Medvedev to Davos

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has delivered a keynote speech at the opening ceremony of the 41st session of the World Economic Forum in Davos, bringing together politicians and business leaders from all around the world.(2011)

’Putin’s Davos speech highlights Russia as part of the world economy’

Vladimir Putin has delivered a speech at the opening session of the World Economic Forum. Vasily Gatov from Publishers of Russia Guild and Mikhail Dmitriev of Strategic Research Fund (2011)

Anyone have any thoughts on this...?

edit on 19-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So our owners are meeting on how to succesfully own us even more.
Just like bilderburg.
Rothschilds.
Morgans.

Etc.

Good post my friend. But its at clubs like these that decisions are made on behalf of all people, and usually its against their better interest, and for the interest of the top elite. If you look through history, these types of clubs have been happening for awhile.

"How can we extort more out of the people"

These talks will be more like "How can we abuse protesters even more"

Rothschild, Morgans, Bankers, Koch. To name a few of the people who will be there, along with the president too, and the prime minister of canada, and etc. This is 'the big club', as george carlin so eloquently but it. They own everything already pretty much, about 80% of the resources and worth on the planet.

The meeting should be called "How to complete the old world order" or perhaps "How to enslave the population even further".

Those are just my opinions, and if its anything like Bilderburg, then thats essentially what it is.
edit on 19/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I know and I agree with you 100%

We can only watch and wait.
How do we affect change ourselves? It is a conundrum.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by AzureSky

I know and I agree with you 100%

We can only watch and wait.
How do we affect change ourselves? It is a conundrum.

In all honesty. We can't. Not right now. The time is not yet ripe. The truth is not exposed.
When the truth is exposed (which it will be, the truth always will find its way). They have been avoiding the truth for hundreds of years (if not thousands, if you trace royalty back through time its essentially the same as it is today. Master - slave relationship.

The time will come, it will come as more and more liberties are taken away. Soon people will catch on "Oh, our freedom is completely gone now",

There will be no peaceful resolution. It will be a fight. For freedom. I can see it happening.

They will not relinquish power willfully. Not going to happen. They will do everything in their power to stay in power. Government cannot help, they own the government. they lay outside the political and legal system.

See the French Revolution,
Also the American revolution, they had some similar undertones. As in, extortion by the ruling class.
edit on 19/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Even if you could become invisible, a meeting with people such as these, they would probably have measures in place that prevent invisibility/cloaking from going on.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Looking at the name The Great Transformation, I knew I had seen that before. It's a book that was published in 1944 by Karl Polanyi. Just reading the name gives me the creeps

top topics

join