It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church, Brainwashing, Secrecy and Aliens!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I was not sure what to put as a title but this does involve Brainwashing in the church house. I grew up in an apostolic church. Apostolic is the teachings of the apostles. Its a good doctrine but there is a lot of tradition in the doctrine. Apostolic is also the name of the denomination. I was inspired to do this post when I seen an episode of Recap that talked about Church brainwashing.

In the Apostolic (all over the world) women do not wear pants, they do not cut their hair, they do not wear make up and if you do these things they teach you will go to hell. If you speak against their teaching it is heresy. The men its not so bad but the girls grow up and they are forced to wear a dress to school. This makes it hard on the kids. People not of the denomination look at the kids as being apart of a "weird church" and some have called it a cult. Totally going in the opposite direction that Jesus intended. The teaching of a woman wearing pants is a big issue. I've seen people wear pants and then they feel so guilty because they put on a pair of jeans. Some women have quit being a Christian because they hate wearing skirts. They say "well I can't wear my pants and be a Christian." They have been brain washed into thinking its a sin.

Not only that! This brings me to the Aliens! I grew up just having a passion for aliens, ufos, conspiracy. I got into this stuff from a very young age. Not long ago I got into the study of Ancient Aliens. How ever this plays in with scripture. I began to do word studies on these words. "Aliens, Angels, Celestial and Terrestrial. How ever Celestial and Terrestrial are simple words but the words "Angel and Aliens" are slightly complex. I won't go into the theology of those words till the end of this post. I don't want to take away from my message here. How ever Angel and alien are simply "title" words. Like job title.

I'm 33 and I started int he ministry at age 30. I did not talk about these things in the church but I use to do a radio show with Dr. Franklin Ruehl and we would talk about Biblical Aliens. I even gotten an email from one of the ministers at the church telling me I should not be on the radio talking about this stuff. He went to say by me talking about aliens is going to have people thinking the church is crazy. I actually have the email (and a few others) if anyone wants to see them. I'll copy and paste them or upload and people can download the file. My pastor would not ordain me and he would not give me a reference to another organization to be ordained. Anyway... I was trying to be ordained through the United Christian Church, founded by H. Richard Hall. This is a great organization. I had put my pastor down as a reference and due to his refusal damaged my shot at the United Christian Church. I did not think my pastor would do that if I had known better I would not have put him down.

A few weeks had passed and I had talked to the pastor why he did me that way. He simply told me because I was talking about aliens on the radio and internet. Because I am not like them, they label me a heritic! Because I am not like them I am considered crazy. ...Which is true, I am! ^_^ Lol... I got my ordination from the Universal Life Church so I'm glad I got that out of the way. When I go to pray and speak with people in the hospitals and nursing homes, being ordained is needed. Also, it allows you to do weddings. How ever I've not done a wedding yet.

Anyway... Brain washing in the church. Yes! I've seen it for years. My church has produced some of the most simple minded people Iv'e ever seen! There like mindless zombies!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by defconzero

THIS is the reason that the Christians that are seeking the truth have got to come out of the 'church'. My whole entire family, including my three brothers that are ordained Baptist preachers, have had to step away from organized religion.

The scripture "Come out of her, my people" ring any bells?

edit on 1/19/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Congratulations on developing your own view on the world. You have done what many others can never do. In a sense, you are finally a free person.

Now choose your own adventure.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here is the email was sent to me by one of the other ministers of the church.

www.freedrive.com...

Just go to the link to download the file.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I agree with you friend. People need to meet the Lord not the church. Its great seeing that people have an understanding that its not Jesus but the church has distorted his teaching.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thats deep friend! Deep and true! It seems it is a hard task to free your mind. I consider myself lucky. When I was a kid I always wanted to know what was beyond the walls. I wanted to know the details of the teachings. I wanted to know everything about every story in my Sunday school class as a kid. Some people struggle and sadly will always be a slave.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by defconzero

I know it sounds harsh, but I am always mindful of this scripture : Math. 23:15

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

After all, Jesus said "come to Me and I will give you rest. My burden is easy and my yoke is light". But if you make the mistake of joining a 'church', they will work you to death! It's always about needing to handle God's business for Him. Really, you think that God needs you to do His work, that He is not capable of tending to it and that the 'church' has to make sure it all gets done? lol

For myself, the 'light yoke' and 'easy burden' are the knowledge that I am no longer under the "Law". That means that I do what I know is right, i.e. love everyone as I love myself and do what I know is acceptable before the ultimate Judge. That is all that is necessary once Christ has redeemed you. It was NEVER possible for a human to follow the Law exactly, that is why we were all condemned by it.

ETA: Freedom from the law is NOT an excuse to trade liberty for license to go wild. Just so I am clear that there are things are unacceptable for a follower of the Way to do!

edit on 1/19/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Interesting post
good to see you make your own choices and won't let others make them for you.

I have seen what various churches do to people. I myself tried to do the church thing, it was a Methodist Church, it wasn't bad I just didn't feel comfortable. I also didn't agree with some of their beliefs and how aggressive they were with certain things. I was in HS and was in the youth group, I enjoyed that but the rest just didn't sit with me. What did it for me was when I was about 17 and at one of the Thursday night Youth Group meetings and they popped in a video. It was a video of abortions and dead baby fetus's. I couldn't believe what they were showing us. I told one of the adults I was not comfortable and didn't want to watch this and asked how could they just show something like this?! They were basically trying to tell you if you have an abortion you are evil and will go to hell in not so many words. After that nights "lesson" I never went back. I know not all religious people are bad and I know not all are brainwashed in such ways but I just felt uncomfortable in the situation. For a couple yrs after they tried to get me back in their little group. I didn't want anything do to with it, they said I needed to be guided and well that just didn't sit well with me. They were nice people but it just didn't feel right so I left and never talked to them again.

I follow Anne Rice on FB and I love her. She is very open about her religious beliefs and how she left Christianity and why. Here is an excerpt:

"For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to 'belong' to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else."

Anne Rice
She talks about it on her page as well as many other things. She is actually very interesting and I love her posts. She is very involved with her fans on her page and what they say and she has conversations with her fans. She isn't one of those who just posts and walks away. I love that about her.

As for aliens idk sometimes I tend to think aliens and angels are intermingled and could mean the same thing. Who knows...I do believe in both however

S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yeah with aliens there is a big miss understanding. I meant to post my notes on the word "Alien." Angels, aliens same thing. That is something else the church has ruined are God's amazing creatures that are not human.

Here is my word study. These are my notes written by me but I'm copy and paste them.

Oh also friend I love that verse! It is harsh but I love it. Its straight to the point.

Alien - Book of Strong's# Hebrew / 1616

Let me explain the word "alien" because society has ruined it!
Alien (Book of Strong's Concordance) a foreigner:-alien, sojourner, stranger.
The word "alien" is a TITLE word, like doctor, dentist, scientist, writer, messenger, pizza boy, etc... Weather you are from Canada, Mexico, Mars or Jupiter. If it is not the land you are from, then you are an "alien." Does not mean Earth only! When we went to the Moon, the astronauts were aliens from another land! ...That land being Earth.

And her two sons; of which the name of the one was Gershom; for he said, I have been an alien in a strange land: - Exodus 18:3

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good on ya OP.
Glad you are able to see through that stuff. Some religions just push it too far.....sort of creepy.

I also dislike the way the treat women as second class citizens.

Why is it some people feel its ok to throw away chivalry in the name of their religion?
I find it just sad.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here are all my notes on Biblical Aliens. Its all my notes on one text file.

freedrive.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
@mblahnikluver Yeah I'm with you the abortion thing was a little harsh. I don't really attend my church anymore how ever I do still have my drum kit there and I go Sunday Mornings mainly with my mother. I am a Christian but I do not claim any denomination. We need to follow Christ and be under his dominion. This is whats called "The Kingdom." Its good to see people with the understanding you have friend! There is a place I think you might like. The church is in Alabama but they have an online community. Its called "The Ramp." Not sure if you would be interested in it but they accept people like us. The ones who refuse to be brainwashed. They accept the weirdos. They are not denominational either.

My church was speaking on the Illuminati in music but yet when they hear me speaking these deep things about ancient aliens I became a heritic. If your going to talk about those types of topics you have to understand what is in that field of interest.

Much love and respect to you guys.

new topics

top topics

join